Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daybreak Registers Mythwarden.com - New Game Coming? - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageDaybreak Registers Mythwarden.com - New Game Coming? - MMORPG.com News

Daybreak Registers Mythwarden.com, hinting at possible new game? Note, the Warden is a class in EQ2, so it could be related. But this seems to be something new. We've reached out for details from Daybreak.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Mobile game?
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    I doubt it's MMO like EQ/EQ2..

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    DayBreak Games: The Company You Love to Hate
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    So we did get a reply... a simple :)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• jason523jason523 Member UncommonPosts: 96
    After H1Z1 and devoting resources to a mode that the original buyers didn't ask for, I'm weary before ever trusting them again.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    flizzer said:
    Mobile game?
    I would assume you are 100% correct because that is exactly what i was about to say.
    I believe Smedley's main sell to Daybreak or Nova or whatever their name was,happen to involve the biggest moving market which is mobile.
    Matter of fact i read not too long ago that Smedley made that very claim,that he wanted or approved of the move to DB because they were willing to give him freedom to pursue other avenues,such as Mobile.
    They definitely would not be so stupid to invest in a LOSING business with any bnotion it would rebound with a very high cost mmorpg,i definitely believe the vision was cheap mobile games,browser games and/or anything as simple,cheap and small as H1Z1.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    flizzer said:
    Mobile game?
    My thoughts exactly
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    I would prefer if they would just at least finish one game they have started before moving on to something else.
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    edited October 2016
    DBG needs a new title so badly right now. It really is their last gasp. Something cheap and high volume would make sense at this point. I doubt that we will see a new full blown MMORPG off them ever again.

They could do worse than rebranding and relaunching their legends of Norrath card game at this point.
  • herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    personally despite been a long time fan of the company since days of verrant ,i would not give my money to them unless it gets massively favourable reviews and even then i be weary
  • Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Probably another "Early Access Alpha" game that will remain so till they shut the game down. Zero faith in DBG.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    I doubt it's MMO like EQ/EQ2..
    It could be if they aim it on mobile platforms... But I seriously doubt it will be a PC MMO, otherwise they would have used the EQ name that still have many fans.

The last thing makes me wonder if it isn't something else entirely, maybe a collectible card game or similar?
  • OfficerFriendlyEQ2OfficerFriendlyEQ2 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    It would be wise that a new game will be based on a VR platform
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    They have job postings for an unannounced project that appears to be a FPS. Don't know if this is related though.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    I wonder if this will happen before or after they shut down Landmark.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/