Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SQ42 to be released later this year.

Comments

• ShinimasShinimas Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Talonsin said:
    Acterius said:
    As of right now not one of us can say anything good about either games until they finally go gold! When that will be can only be guessed with no proof either will ever make it to that gold standard.

I beg to differ.  Just yesterday some crazy fan posted how the current version of the game is the best game he ever played.  Apparently fixing a few com stations everyday is what passes for "Best Game Ever".

Some of them are just too far gone, aren't they? People like that need professional help.
  • PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    edited October 2016
    http://kotaku.com/star-citizen-singleplayer-campaign-delayed-1787602902

"Star Citizen’s singleplayer campaign module, an experience called Squadron 42, has been officially delayed into...well, the future."

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    PAL-18 said:

"Star Citizen’s singleplayer campaign module, an experience called Squadron 42, has been officially delayed into...well, the future."
    Yea with just 50 days till launch they finally announced it won't make the cut.  Heck they couldn't even show 1 mission or part of a mission.  And the website still says 2016.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    AND IDK how its even freaking possible but somehow I'm the bad guy for stating what CIG said and believing it.  Yea that makes perfect sense.  Man some twisted fans this game has.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    filmoret said:
    PAL-18 said:

Yea with just 50 days till launch they finally announced it won't make the cut.  Heck they couldn't even show 1 mission or part of a mission.  And the website still says 2016.
    Probably would cut into their free money if they announced earlier that it was going to be delayed.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Kefo said:
    Probably would cut into their free money if they announced earlier that it was going to be delayed.
    But... they actually did. LOL

I think the detractors have higher expectations for this things than the actual supporters of game, that's must be why people like you are always so salty about it. lol
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

I think the detractors have higher expectations for this things than the actual supporters of game, that's must be why people like you are always so salty about it. lol
    Believing what CIG says is considered a detractor.  Man do you listen to yourself at all?
    edited October 2016
    filmoret said:
    Believing what CIG says is considered a detractor.  Man do you listen to yourself at all?
    Hm? That's the term used on a thread not long about asking a question to such "detractors";

I never used the word before, though the person I quoted replied that question far I recall, what endorses the terminology. ;)
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

They did? Then why is it when you ask people when is sq42'S official release date people say 2016 but they don't believe that? 

Not sure how im salty by stating my opinion but whatever helps you sleep at night
    edited October 2016
    Kefo said:
    They did? Then why is it when you ask people when is sq42'S official release date people say 2016 but they don't believe that? 

Not sure how im salty by stating my opinion but whatever helps you sleep at night
    There... there... let's not bring a truck of salt in here.

What I see on the supporters, backers of this game was the overall expectation that SQ42 would not make it to its 2016 release date, especially as I said before when early this year it was put as one "hopeful" date.

So yeah, people like you that complain so much about they never meeting dates and such, seem to be the ones with the bigger expectation towards that date being met. That's at least the impression I get; but I find that silly.
    edited October 2016
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

There... there... let's not bring a truck of salt in here.

What I see on the supporters, backers of this game was the overall expectation that SQ42 would not make it to its 2016 release date, especially as I said before when early this year it was put as one "hopeful" date.

So yeah, people like you that complain so much about they never meeting dates and such, seem to be the ones with the bigger expectation towards that date being met. That's at least the impression I get; but I find that silly.
    So they never actually announced it would be delayed past 2016 then if the overall expectation of supporters and backers is not a 2016 release. If CIG did make a statement then it wouldn't be an expectation but rather a surefire thing. 

You really need to read what you write before hitting the post button
    edited October 2016
    Kefo said:
    So they never actually announced it would be delayed past 2016 then if the overall expectation of supporters and backers is not a 2016 release. If CIG did make a statement then it wouldn't be an expectation but rather a surefire thing. 

They made a statement of THEIR expectation, their PLANS, there's a difference between how they roll out this dates over how we usually see this happening, it's like saying this is coming X day, of X month of X year, but in here it's "we plan to" "we hope to" "we expect to". 

What does that terminology imply? That is not a guaranteed thing. And that's where SQ42's release date felt into on the beginning of this year.

So it shouldn't be taken as one, it's easy as that. With the past events when releases were given obviously the backers know well and do take any date with a pinch of salt. So that's what happens, now go figure why the detractors/critics/whatever seem to be the ones with the bigger expectation the dates are going to be met, unless they are doing that on purpose just for the drama that comes with it.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    All I want out of this fiasco is a great Squadron 42 game.  It's the whole reason I pledged.  

Sad to see its delayed with no new target.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

They made a statement of THEIR expectation, their PLANS, there's a difference between how they roll out this dates over how we usually see this happening, it's like saying this is coming X day, of X month of X year, but in here it's "we plan to" "we hope to" "we expect to". 

What does that terminology imply? That is not a guaranteed thing. And that's where SQ42's release date felt into on the beginning of this year.

So it shouldn't be taken as one, it's easy as that. With the past events when releases were given obviously the backers know well and do take any date with a pinch of salt. So that's what happens, now go figure why the detractors/critics/whatever seem to be the ones with the bigger expectation the dates are going to be met, unless they are doing that on purpose just for the drama that comes with it.
    But that is YOUR opinion of the whole fiasco.  CIG never changed their stance until yesterday.  So no matter how you figured or what you think.  They never actually said anything until yesterday.  And Like I said in the third post of this thread.  It makes them look really really bad to wait this long before giving an update.  CIG the only company in the world that has people defending their lack of communication.
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

So then it's safe to assume you saying they already made an announcement was in fact a lie and you were overblowing my comment then?
  • beebop500beebop500 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Ah, the glory of crowdfunding and Kickstarter.....threads on top of threads in which folks argue about games they've never played a released version of.....and especially in the case of SC, this sort of discussion appears to be even more pointless than usual lol
    "We are all as God made us, and many of us much worse." - Don Quixote
    filmoret said:
    But that is YOUR opinion of the whole fiasco.  CIG never changed their stance until yesterday.  So no matter how you figured or what you think.  They never actually said anything until yesterday.  And Like I said in the third post of this thread.  It makes them look really really bad to wait this long before giving an update.  CIG the only company in the world that has people defending their lack of communication.
    Opinion? The statements are there and are public, everybody likes to read things how they want but for me it became quite clear. On the beginning of this year when CR is asked about SQ42 this year and he says "we're aiming for this, hopefully we'll make it". Hey man take your own conclusions, for me it was pretty clear how solid the date was, that he opted to not re-confirm the date. 

To end and something you fully ignore (and cover up with your opinion as well), you won't officially announce a delay when you're still aiming for the date as possible to meet. Remember that this differs from company to company on how safe they play it, some announce delays early, others announce them close to the deadline.
    edited October 2016
    Kefo said:
    So then it's safe to assume you saying they already made an announcement was in fact a lie and you were overblowing my comment then?
    No... No... No.. When you announce a date you won't officially announce a delay when the possibility of meet the deadline exists (and this was transmitted on the beginning of this year), some companies would play safe and announce delays early to give a "margin of error", others don't and announce them close to the deadline. The lie was the lie as the lie did not exist on the first place.
    MaxBacon said:
    filmoret said:
    he says "we're aiming for this, hopefully we'll make it". Hey man take your own conclusions, for me it was pretty clear how solid the date was, that he opted to not re-confirm the date. 
    LOL how is there any way to draw a different conclusion?  From what he is saying it is possible to hit the date.  How can you read anything more out of this without lying?
    edited October 2016
    filmoret said:
    LOL how is there any way to draw a different conclusion?  From what he is saying it is possible to hit the date.  How can you read anything more out of this without lying?
    That's what I said, how can he confirm officially a delay when the date is still the date they are going for, as their internal deadline.
    1. Oct 2015, 2016 is announced.
    2. 2/3 months later (end of 2015 / beginning of 2016), 2016 deadline is put as hopeful, a guarantee of meeting deadline is not assured.
    3. Mid-2016 (5 months before deadline), 2016 deadline is put as very unlikely.
    4. 3 months later, delay is officially confirmed.

So when you talk about lies and about their communication on this, from what I follow this game I have to disagree because I saw the delay of SQ42 shaping up to happen, transpired by their own communication.
    edited October 2016
    MaxBacon said:
    filmoret said:
    That's what I said, how can he confirm officially a delay when the date is still the date they are going for, as their internal deadline.
    1. Oct 2015, 2016 is announced.
    2. 2/3 months later (end of 2015 / beginning of 2016), 2016 deadline is put as hopeful, a guarantee of meeting deadline is not assured.
    3. Mid-2016 (5 months before deadline), 2016 deadline is put as very unlikely.
    4. 3 months later, delay is officially confirmed.

So when you talk about lies and about their communication on this, from what I follow this game I have to disagree because I saw the delay of SQ42 shaping up to happen, transpired by their own communication.
    Yea so when its due in 50 days like I have been saying.  They finally gave an official delay.  And its not just a delay its put back at least 2 years.  You saying they didn't realize that until yesterday?  You cannot say "hopefully we will make it" when you are going to miss it by over 24 months.
    edited October 2016
    filmoret said:
    Yea so when its due in 50 days like I have been saying.  They finally gave an official delay.  And its not just a delay its put back at least 2 years.  You saying they didn't realize that until yesterday?  You cannot say "hopefully we will make it" when you are going to miss it by over 24 months.
    The news of delay happened 5 months before the deadline, officially just now, but as he already said it months ago it what was missing was the formality of announcing it in an official matter.

The 2 years bit is a bad argument and you know it, if we keep going back the old scope of the game acting like what is being created today is the same thing originally meant to be, is wrong. Remember that the first release dates for SQ42 were NOT the full game as today, yet for its first missions (mission packs!).
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    They had the money to make the full game way back when. Then SC decided to re-scope the project and now we have allot of money going in and still no game.
  • spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    Jesus...this is why most developers don't say much while developing. They wait until its really close to release before they start talking.

This isn't annualized shit like Assasins Creed or Madden where all the tools are in place and just need some new assets and some new story. Look at how many recent AAA games took 5, 6 and 7 years to make. Where you hearing about it the whole time? Nope.

Why?

Because they'd also have a bevy of armchair dev's telling them why they suck.

Game development is iterative. Much of what gets done early on never see's the light of day because they find better ways of doing it. Sure, some studios have more talent than others, but progress is clearly being made on SC, especially over the last year, so no worries here. I'd like it to be faster, but I would also like a self-cleaning house.

No SQ42 this year....its cool. too many good games out or coming so I am glad. Will play FF15...will prolly disappointed (FF13 was a complete pile of shite). Bought but haven't played Uncharted 4 yet. COD:IW actually looks interesting to me for a change. and BF1.

Now, as for them selling ships for buckets of cash....I'm a fan of other people paying to develop a game for me. So no complaining 

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    MaxBacon said:
    filmoret said:
    The news of delay happened 5 months before the deadline, officially just now, but as he already said it months ago it what was missing was the formality of announcing it in an official matter.

The 2 years bit is a bad argument and you know it, if we keep going back the old scope of the game acting like what is being created today is the same thing originally meant to be, is wrong. Remember that the first release dates for SQ42 were NOT the full game as today, yet for its first missions (mission packs!).
    • Late 2014 was optimistic in november 2013 
    • Early 2015 was optimistic in april 2014
    • Fall 2015 was optimistic at beginning of 2015
    • 2016 was optimistic in late 2015
    Every year its another expected time for release that's 8-12 months away and it just keeps on going.

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.