Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need tips on crafting

I'm lev 9 and have chosen alchemy for my tradeskill.  My master hasn't given me any info.  So how do I go about crafting, how do I know what I need to get ,, supplies etc.  Is this level dependant?  When do you get your secondary craft.

Comments

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

In order to craft you will need to set up your quickbars. Go to your information screen and it should list your tradeskills. I think it is on the same page where you find the sprint icon. There will be an icon and it will say alchemy on it. It will be listed with other things like herbcraft. Click on that and then move it to you quickbar.

Then click on your quickbar icon of alchemy and it will pull up a menu of items you can make. You then click on the item you want and place it on the quickbar. You can right click on it and then click info and it will tell you what ingredients you need. You can purchase the ingredients at NPC merchants in the capital. You then need to go to a spellcrafting table (I think I have not used me alchemist is like a year). You then go to the table and click the icon of the item you want to make. A green bar will pop up and when it reaches the end you will either make or not make the item.

Crafting is not level dependant, it depends on your skill. You start off at 1 skill and it will go up to over 1000. Each 100 points will take longer. Once you get to 99 you need to talk to your crafting trainer. When you hit 199 you need to again and so forth.

Alchemy and spellcraft do not have consignments. This means you will be making items in order to skill up and you will be loosing money because you will just end up selling them back to the merchants.

Your secondary tradeskill is spellcrafting. Your spellcrafting skill can only be 45% of your Alchemy skill.

Anyway, here are a couple of links that will help you out:

Prissy's Alchemy Guide: http://www.midnightsojourn.com/alchemy.html

http://www.camelotherald.com/article.php?id=67

• razziellerazzielle Member Posts: 162

You'll find your tradeskills under the third icon where you see skills in which you can drag the icons onto your hotbar.  Then click on the icon once its on the hotbar and it will show you what you can make.  The same color scheme that goes with your armor, items, weapons, etc. also apply with what you can make.  Grey items wont give you skill points but you can make them a dime a dozen (so to speak), green is easy difficulty, blue, yellow, orange, then red.  Purple is left out and what they've done instead is just not have the item there.  You'll notice as you progress you'll see new items appear.  The more difficult the item is to make the more of a chance you'll fail and sometimes even lose material.

Now to even make any items you need to look around at some of the merchants.  You see them generally in your main city, the SI main city, and some of the more common towns.  People occasionaly have a merchant within their houses too that you can use granted they dont lock they're doors (I had 2 merchants for weaponsmithing and I would sneak into my neighbors house all the time to use his spell component merchants and crafting table all the time.)  The first items that you need are the tools to even craft with.  For alchi I do believe its a mortar and pestle and I usually grabbed a spellcraft kit also.  You also need to use a spellcrafting table which you will usually see sitting in some random corner.  Can't miss them, they have huge targeting zone that make it impossible to click on any toons standing around them.

Now when you find a item on the tradeskill table that looks reasonably easy to make (preferably yellow or orange) click on that icon and drag it to the hotbar next to your tradeskill.  Rightclick on that and it will give you the ingrediants you need.  Usually to make things easy you would want to stock up to make enough items to fill your backpack.  Saves loads of time on running back n forth.

Once you have everything go to the alchy table, you don't even need to click on it or anything, and hit the icon for the item to be made on your hotbar.  It'll take like 2 seconds to make.  Later it will take longer, much much longer.

Like Julian said, once you've hit 99 on your main tradeskill (alchy) then you talk to your trainer and he'll be like 'yo, you've reached the next level young padawan' automatically putting you to 100 alchy and giving you a new title among new things to make.

A few tips:

1.  Unless you're loaded with cash, crafting ain't a big idea.  Some of my toons, namely the weaponcrafter, could use up to 6 plat just to make a handful of weapons.

2.  Bring a book or the t.v. with you cause after a while the progress gets so intensely slow you'll be dieing to do something else.

3.  For alchy if you want to get to about 400 skillpoints fast I would suggest making the poisons.  Cheap ingrediants and they don't take up space.

Now unlike the trades like weaponcraft, armorcraft, and tailor you can't salvage your item.  Usually the only thing to do is sell it to the merchant when you go to restock for a new round of crafting.  Once you've reached the higher levels of the craft you can sell you'r services to the people, especially if you have a house.  Some of a alchies biggest items are: (1) Greater neriod cause everyone wants to be under the sea, (2) Procs and charges for that explosive fun on the battlefield and this includes armor when you get to about 1000 skill points, (3) Dyes for that big firby banana that likes attention.  This also includes weapon dyes later on too, and (4) trophy potions for the big game hunters that like to show off theyre achievements in they're houses.  Sure theres other things in your arsenal but they're the big sellers.

Good luck, everyone needs a proc or 2 everynow n then.

• freshgirlfreshgirl Member Posts: 22
    Thank you this was very helpful!