Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All Yahoo e-mails scanned for US government

VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,512
edited October 2016 in Hardware
According to Reuters, Yahoo has received a classified edict from unknown US government agency to scan all its customers' emails for certain keywords, and since early 2015 all Yahoo e-mails have been scanned for US government.

It's currently unknown what keywords the e-mails have been scanned for, and what if any data or e-mails Yahoo has handed forward to the US government.

When Reuters asked Yahoo for comments they stated "Yahoo is a law abiding company, and complies with the laws of the United States", and declined any further comments.

Read more on: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-yahoo-nsa-exclusive-idUSKCN1241YT




UPDATE: Google, Microsoft, Twitter, and Facebook have said that they do not have similar email scanning program.

More on: http://fortune.com/2016/10/04/google-microsoft-nsa-email-yahoo/
 
Post edited by Vrika on

Comments

  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    There are people using Yahoo to write mails?...

    And surely this isn't the only provider getting checked for keywords.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Well, we can't have both freedom and peace at the same time, can we?

    In the end, we have to choose.



    When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Dakeru said:
    There are people using Yahoo to write mails?...

    And surely this isn't the only provider getting checked for keywords.
    Yeah, but probably they are already dead anyway, so...



    When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • GuRu39GuRu39 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    edited October 2016
    Facebook - Facial recognition collection.

    Google - Steals secrets, uses them for their own gain.

    Microsoft - DB Encryption Keys possessed by the US Dept of Justice. Any DB can be accessed at any given time, was part of the deal to use MS products on all Defense Dept/.GOV Computers.

    Drug Testing - Legal DNA Collection.

    It is amazing that if you create it they will come. Human nature.....so predictable,,, is why everyone takes part and have given away their privacy.

    Food for thought.... If a self breaking car stops dead in the road because of an obstacle in the road, does the car or Semi truck behind them stop as well? answer is no, this is a great attempt to get those that do not use GPS.SAT radios to give up their locations at all times, More surveillance. Sheep being led to the slaughter of your privacy rights, and the sad thing is, you will all give them up freely without a fight,. lol. 
  • MalasorteMalasorte Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Well, we can't have both freedom and peace at the same time, can we?

    In the end, we have to choose.


    you really think you have or choose any of those?
    one less person to fool :)
  • UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568
    Democrats and Obama in Power
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,016
    DMKano said:
    If it leaves your mind, it's not private anymore.

    Get used to it.

    For now.......lol

    Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.





  • Revel8Revel8 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    GuRu39 said:
    Facebook - Facial recognition collection.

    Google - Steals secrets, uses them for their own gain.

    Microsoft - DB Encryption Keys possessed by the US Dept of Justice. Any DB can be accessed at any given time, was part of the deal to use MS products on all Defense Dept/.GOV Computers.

    Drug Testing - Legal DNA Collection.

    It is amazing that if you create it they will come. Human nature.....so predictable,,, is why everyone takes part and have given away their privacy.

    Food for thought.... If a self breaking car stops dead in the road because of an obstacle in the road, does the car or Semi truck behind them stop as well? answer is no, this is a great attempt to get those that do not use GPS.SAT radios to give up their locations at all times, More surveillance. Sheep being led to the slaughter of your privacy rights, and the sad thing is, you will all give them up freely without a fight,. lol. 
     
    Google also rigs their auto-fill search results in favor of Hillary Clinton where other search engines do not.

    Research Proves Google Manipulates Millions to Favor Clinton

    https://sputniknews.com/us/20160912/1045214398/google-clinton-manipulation-election.html


    I noticed this a long time before the study came out.


    Facebook doesn't allow certain political videos to be posted either, even when they're totally clean.  Usually the banned videos are pro 2nd amendment or on other conservative topics.

  • sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849
    Vrika said:
    According to Reuters, Yahoo has received a classified edict from unknown US government agency to scan all its customers' emails for certain keywords, and since early 2015 all Yahoo e-mails have been scanned for US government.
    I have no idea why this is news.

    This was revealed by Snowden years ago.


    Originally posted by nethaniah

    Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.


  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    edited October 2016
    Malasorte said:
    Well, we can't have both freedom and peace at the same time, can we?

    In the end, we have to choose.


    you really think you have or choose any of those?
    one less person to fool :)
    In which country/nation that has absolute freedom and peace walk hand in hand? Give me one concrete example. 

    Please teach me senpai..



    When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Malasorte said:
    Well, we can't have both freedom and peace at the same time, can we?

    In the end, we have to choose.


    you really think you have or choose any of those?
    one less person to fool :)
    In which country/nation that has absolute freedom and peace walk hand in hand? Give me one concrete example. 

    Please teach me senpai..
    I think he wanted to say that you don't actually have an option to chose from.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    "Terrorists - bomb - jihad - USA - attack - planes - nazi zombies - election"

    ...now this topic is probably tagged and monitored as well and mmorpg.com is on the list of potential threats!

    Nooo, what have i done?!?

    image
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,127
    Thread closed for politics as per forum rules.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


This discussion has been closed.