Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Revelation Online

DztBlkDztBlk Member UncommonPosts: 127
Does anyone know how many or the scale of the "sanctuaries" in Revelation Online?  It says multiple, but I'm leary of having to run around avoiding weirdos who get their jollies off of ambushing players.  Experienced that in BDO...hate it.  This is the line from their website "If you are not up to PvP, you can activate Peace mode, but beware: players in Slaughter mode will still be able to cause you harm! Fear not, as you explore the world of Nuanor, you will also come across multiple “sanctuaries” where PvP is not allowed and guards are stationed to keep you safe!"

That's a load of hooey!  Yes, that's right HOOEY!  If you're flagged in peace mode you should be off limits period.  I hope I don't miss some interesting zones simply because I want to explore and not engage in PvP.  I'm thinking it may not be that much of a problem though.  Time will tell. 

Comments

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784
    While I played on the Chinese version I didn't even run into a PvP area as far as I knew but the english patch was a poor translation so donno if I was or not. Though to be fair, considering how F2P games are, your issue will only be a problem for the first month or two of the games release. After that the game population probably wont be enough for you to worry about tons of randoms coming to bug you. 
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    edited October 2016
    Sector13 said:
    While I played on the Chinese version I didn't even run into a PvP area as far as I knew but the english patch was a poor translation so donno if I was or not. Though to be fair, considering how F2P games are, your issue will only be a problem for the first month or two of the games release. After that the game population probably wont be enough for you to worry about tons of randoms coming to bug you. 

Not to be a douche here, but can you name ONE game out of Korea or China that doesn't have a bad English translation.  Just One.  Archeage, AION, all of them are just painful to listen to or to read the quest text, it makes me cringe.

There is only one exception out of Korea I can think of and it might be Tera, they actually put some real money into professional English voice overs ( by known actors ) but the writing was still TERRIBLE.

Final Fantasy was REALLY good but that's Japan and well, Final Fantasy, they have been selling that franchise successfully world wide forever so hey know how to do it right.

Post edited by goboygo on
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    From what I have read, the effects of attacking people who don't want to engage in PvP is heavy. If I remember right, killing someone makes you lootable by other players when killed. This will be a visable flag they will have to live with for a set time. But deciding on buying this game, you do need to be open to the fact, you can be attacked at any time. 
  • TheFunky1TheFunky1 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Even if the sanctuary areas are fairly small at least it will give players a safe haven to go afk in or sort through loot while they eat a sandwich.  

The hectic PVP is always at it's worst during the first few weeks of release so if you want to play the game but are worried about being ganked, maybe pick it up later rather than sooner.
  • DztBlkDztBlk Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Waiting seems to be the consensus.  Well there are a few things coming out so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.  I wonder if the culture of mediocre games with big emphasis on PvP or total independence at all times have help contribute to the current culture of play for a few weeks until cap and then dump.  Admittedly, the games have been seriously lacking in some department lately, even if they are visually stunning.  At least my point was understood.  Hopefully, Nan's comments are at least partially right.  I can't imagine the sanctuaries being too small, but you never know.  There seems to be a huge push for PvP.  Kind of feel out of place sometimes.  I hope some of the other games,especially those pushing an emphasis on PvE will be entertaining. 
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    edited October 2016
    DztBlk said:
    Waiting seems to be the consensus.  Well there are a few things coming out so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.  I wonder if the culture of mediocre games with big emphasis on PvP or total independence at all times have help contribute to the current culture of play for a few weeks until cap and then dump.  Admittedly, the games have been seriously lacking in some department lately, even if they are visually stunning.  At least my point was understood.  Hopefully, Nan's comments are at least partially right.  I can't imagine the sanctuaries being too small, but you never know.  There seems to be a huge push for PvP.  Kind of feel out of place sometimes.  I hope some of the other games,especially those pushing an emphasis on PvE will be entertaining. 
    I don't think PvP will be the problem you think it will be and this game is a PvEers dream game. 
    Post edited by Nanfoodle on
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    edited October 2016
    goboygo said:
    Sector13 said:

Not to be a douche here, but can you name ONE game out of Korea or China that doesn't have a bad English translation.  Just One.  Archeage, AION, all of them are just painful to listen to or to read the quest text, it makes me cringe.

There is only one exception out of Korea I can think of and it might be Tera, they actually put some real money into professional English voice overs ( by known actors ) but the writing was still TERRIBLE.

Final Fantasy was REALLY good but that's Japan and well, Final Fantasy, they have been selling that franchise successfully world wide forever so hey know how to do it right.

What in Aion is bad? I have played Aion and haven't come across anything that is a "bad" translation. Same with Tera.

Maybe it' not so much bad translation as you don't like what is actually being said?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited October 2016
    Yeesh, if they're going to make PvP penalties for attacking innocents so heavy, they probably shouldn't have bothered having open PvP in the first place.  Just pisses off the PvPers and still scares away the PvEers anyways so you get the worse of both worlds.
  • ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283
    lets get the facts right when u mentioned pkers what u mean are no low life griefers which happens to be in abundance and  the norm for western gamers, obviously to stop this kinda of behavior most eastern mmorpgs imposed harsh penalties when porting for western audience, trying playing eastern mmorpgs with eastern gamers difference is like heaven and hell.

my 6 cents
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    Elminzter said:
    lets get the facts right when u mentioned pkers what u mean are no low life griefers which happens to be in abundance and  the norm for western gamers, obviously to stop this kinda of behavior most eastern mmorpgs imposed harsh penalties when porting for western audience, trying playing eastern mmorpgs with eastern gamers difference is like heaven and hell.

my 6 cents

No? I've played on Western and Eastern regions of many mmorpgs. Both have just as many griefers if not more. The hell lol. 
  • TheFunky1TheFunky1 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    PVP is fun until you get those guys from the west central portion of kansas into the mix.