Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Developers Announce F2P Transition Starting October 10th

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageDevelopers Announce F2P Transition Starting October 10th

Linkrealms News - If you've been wondering what Linkrealms is all about, you can wonder no longer as the team behind the game has announced that it will be going free to play starting on October 10th. From 12:00 pm Pacific / 3:00 pm Eastern, players can log in without needing a beta key. The client can be downloaded directly from the site or via Steam, both of which are able to be used that day.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ThwaiteThwaite Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Wait. This is under development and wasn't released during Ultima's era? Wierd.
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    The graphics are far too old-school for me.
  • HowryHowry Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Its really not a very good game either IMO. I played for awhile. Its dominated by 1 clan and anytime you try and do anything they gank the crap out of you over and over. Cant even run dungeons really as they have alts sitting in them to check for players so they can come kill. IMO it pretty much killed the game. Typically maybe 20 people on at any given time.
  • Krynt0kKrynt0k Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Wow Howdy that's alot allot of effort put into a game that nobody likes anyways. I'm grateful that clan isnt in our favorite games.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    edited October 2016

Howry said:

Its really not a very good game either IMO. I played for awhile. Its dominated by 1 clan and anytime you try and do anything they gank the crap out of you over and over. Cant even run dungeons really as they have alts sitting in them to check for players so they can come kill. IMO it pretty much killed the game. Typically maybe 20 people on at any given time.

Wow if that's true than that clan must be made up of some of the biggest jerks. If there's one thing you can always bet on when it comes to PvP, it'll definitely bring out the foulest that the MMORPG community has to offer.

Smile

• PurplePoloPlayerPurplePoloPlayer Member UncommonPosts: 145
    So players that like PvP and are successful at it and work well as a team are jerks. Interesting Care Bear Logic.
    Check out my stream at www.twitch.tv/purplepoloplayer!
  • ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283
    whats you definition on successful, u mean prey on the weak? with better stuff then go brag about it really?? no wonder game is dead ...
  • LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    So players that like PvP and are successful at it and work well as a team are jerks. Interesting Care Bear Logic.
    That isn't the part that people have issue with. It's harassing and running out all the other players that makes them jerks. You really didn't understand that?
    -- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    For a PvP game that is called working as intended. Good to know. A game I will be avoiding.
  • AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    Looks like a cheap ultima clone. Why play this when you can play the real thing?
  • Saur0n69Saur0n69 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    It does feel like the spiritual successor to Ultima Online however I rarely see other players in game.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Any  game that creates a bad player environment is on the Devs.  It's their house and ultimately their rules. 

But after reading this;
    Quote: "reputation was earned on the battlefield rather than leaderboards."

I can see why the game is the way it is.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    Saur0n69 said:
    It does feel like the spiritual successor to Ultima Online however I rarely see other players in game.
    You and I experienced very different versions of Ultima Online. 
    -- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286
    i do miss red hunting haven icq going crazy  on UO still not gotten that same rush as i got in UO when getting jumped by 2 or 3 guys and killing them all