Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Randy Pitchford: Rumors of F2P Conversion Are False

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageRandy Pitchford: Rumors of F2P Conversion Are False

Battleborn News - Randy Pitchford has taken to Twitter to deny yesterday's rumors that Battleborn will soon go free to play. According to Pitchford, the story reported by Kotaku is "a reckless story".

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'm sure someone out there will be sad to hear the news while others keep playing OW and Paladins.
  • AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Eh, others said similar things. And it might even be true. Means nothing if there suddenly are plans for it tomorrow. And "free to play" is ambigous anyways, they can always claim it's not going F2P but simply not going to cost a box price etc. Which is totally not the same thing.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Pitchford cracks me up. There's no F2P! Wait there's going to be F2P! Well we actually haven't made up our minds on the specifics yet but it's still probably going to be F2P.

Steam: Neph

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    You sure about that Pitchford? The 5 people still playing Battleborn have got to be feeling lonely by now.
  • DarkharmonyDarkharmony Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Yeah, like I believe anything that comes out of that idiot Pitchfords mouth ever. This is the same guy that compared a bad review to beating children. The only thing that will ever make anyone want to play Batatleborn is if it becomes free. Not a single one of my friends would even buy it when it was in the humble bundle for $8. And surely their player stats should confirm that for them.
  • nhatnhat Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Kotaku is trash, they'll report anything just to get clicks
  • AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    Kotaku is basically the tabloid news of the gaming world.
  • epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    They should. This game was great for the first month I played it, but there needs to be a REASON to get people back to it. Overwatch was a cheaper box price and far more popular out the gate. They should just create some microtransaction stuff, give some in game stuff to people who already own the game, and go F2P. Otherwise? This game is already dead in the water sooooooo buh-bye?
  • chanmingchanming Member UncommonPosts: 52
    edited September 2016
    LOL the game is dead. it's like 300-400 people (peak) playing battleborn while 40k and presumably 150k+ people playing overwatch every day.
    http://steamcharts.com/app/394230 and dev is like yo we are doing good we dont need f2p model! ha ha...
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    BattleBorn is a pretty fun game, and has way more content than Overwatch or Paladins. But its overshadowed by its $60 price tag and the fact that it came out around the same time as the overhyped Overwatch.

Personally, I got it for $7 and highly recommend it for that price if you can find it. Otherwise, dead game is a dead game. At least you can still experience the entire game in offline mode.