Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon Games' New World is a 17th Century Paranormal MMO - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageAmazon Games' New World is a 17th Century Paranormal MMO - MMORPG.com News

One game we saw briefly during the Twitch Unboxing event for Amazon Game Studios was New World - a fantastic looking take on the 17th Century North America where the supernatural is real and players work together and against each other to settle the wilderness.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    I am pretty excited about that Blue!
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Yep, this looks and sounds like a really high quality version of Black Death, etc. Anxious to hear more!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Roanoke was discovered abandoned in 1590 and that's sorta in the 17th century.  Lets see, you have Quakers in Pennsylvania, New York was still a dutch colony independent from the British, Native Americans were at war with some colonists and at peace with others, The French were still a significant presence in Canada and the Louisiana territory... there's a lot to work with here especially with an added supernatural element.

Too bad Adam Weishaupt didn't form the Illuminati until 1776 or that could have been an interesting aspect to explore.
  • masterfatemasterfate Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I want more information on this game. I hate being teased lol.
  • Ammon777_newAmmon777_new Member UncommonPosts: 306
    Unexpected and sounds awesome, so excited.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    This sounds epic! And its not an indie company, its a triple A company behind a HUGE company (Amazon). Every single sandbox MMO to come out has been by indie companies or eastern pay to win cash shops or the very rare triple A company made SWG (SOE), which was ages ago.

Its the first triple A MMO to come out in decades! this is revolutionary in the MMO world

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Nice to see a major, and I mean MAJOR, development studio embracing MMOs, sandbox environments and survival elements. I'm intrigued!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

edited September 2016
    My problem is the Mature rating... I'm Christian (Catholic) and I dont play games with that rating.

Too bad, was excited. Not now. Wont be playing.

Back to WoW and waiting for Camelot Unchained.
  • TheFunky1TheFunky1 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    This sounds like what I have been waiting for and I have high hopes.  I will definitely be following this one.  A big studio making a sandbox mmo, oh man, very exciting.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    It's also got Dave Maldonado of WoW fame as the Creative Director. This one's a legit MMO guys. AAA and all. Sandbox!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    It's the only that interested me.

Spooky scary! :proud:
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610

My problem is the Mature rating... I'm Christian (Catholic) and I dont play games with that rating.

Whole heartedly agree. :/
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    nice. hope it lives up to expectations...

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'm keeping my eyes on this one particularly, but they still haven't said the magic thing (or at least I dont think they have yet) which is the pricing model. That will really determine most of things in all these games and future ones.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited September 2016

what does rating have to do with being able to play a game or not? Why would it matter if it was rated "Teen", and if it was the same exact game? If it helps, in the UK will be rated teen as they aren't as fanatical over there about ratings as in the US. Even nudity is allowed there and anyone can see it no matter the age lol

But I'm guessing this is just a troll post made to make laughs :D

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• CuthacheCuthache Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Intriguing, and very VERY interesting!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TheFunky1TheFunky1 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    It may have to do with language or scantily clad women, but I can never see how those things are worse than playing with magic and killing others non-consensually so maybe there is more to it.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited September 2016
    TheFunky1 said:
    It may have to do with language or scantily clad women, but I can never see how those things are worse than playing with magic and killing others non-consensually so maybe there is more to it.
    You suggest that, but he's playing wow......

• ApexTKMApexTKM Member UncommonPosts: 334
    It seems interesting and the way they describe it makes me get rust vibes but much more advanced. I can't judge until I see gameplay but I'm pretty sure it won't be my cup of tea, we'll see. I always get cautious when they say sandbox because not a lot of them fits my image of what a sandbox is but I'll look out for more info.
    The acronym MMORPG use to mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

But the acronym MMMORPG now currently means Microscopic Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Kappa.

what does rating have to do with being able to play a game or not? Why would it matter if it was rated "Teen", and if it was the same exact game? If it helps, in the UK will be rated teen as they aren't as fanatical over there about ratings as in the US. Even nudity is allowed there and anyone can see it no matter the age lol

But I'm guessing this is just a troll post made to make laughs :D
    I dont troll, thanks... No, its all about nudity. I can deal with violence and scary things. But it is against my religion and morals to be exposed to nudity when I make all efforts to keep purity for Jesus. I dont know if they will have nudity in it but in most games with the Mature rating tag, there it is. I plan on playing Camelot Unchained because I love PvP and it has hardly any nudity whatsoever.

Now if someday I find out this game is Mature rating only for scary imagery, and minimal nudity, then yes I will probably play it. But right now the Mature rating makes me think against that.
  • ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    I feel teased, but I like it.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I just heard from the grape vine it's OWPVP full loot.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Another game I was excited for is called Gloria Victis but I found out it has brothels in it. No way will I play it, now. I have high moral standards and I will not tolerate something that is sinful. Heaven is my destination, and Jesus is getting me there! :)