Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Amazon Game Studios Reveal an MMO on September 29th? - MMORPG.com News

124»

Comments

• Ammon777_newAmmon777_new Member UncommonPosts: 306
    Robokapp said:
    Please be an AAA MMO. Please be an AAA MMO.
    one with kickstarter, f2p, offline mode/solo content and lots and lots of cash shop casual stuff.
    No I want a subscription-based traditional AAA MMORPG.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Robokapp said:
    Please be an AAA MMO. Please be an AAA MMO.
    one with kickstarter, f2p, offline mode/solo content and lots and lots of cash shop casual stuff.
    No I want a subscription-based traditional AAA MMORPG.
    "Traditional" AAA MMORPGs are pretty rare even in western markets; the early ones e.g. EQ1 were b2p + sub + paid dlc; then came b2p + sub which intially included DLC e.g. CoH, then came b2p with paid DLC e.g. GW1.

Add to that the fact that "DLC included with a sub" went the way of the dinosaurs.

However your wish may be granted if you get to subscribe to Amazon Prime for some of these games.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    MOBA
  • Ammon777_newAmmon777_new Member UncommonPosts: 306
    Yeah I know. Ive been around since Asherons Call. I want a subscription AAA MMORPG.
  • VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Scorchien said:
    MOBA
    Gender neutral kid friendly moba is what I'm hearing. 
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Twitch announcement will be here
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Welp, time to keep my eyes glued to this thread because in about 30 minutes, it's probably gonna get hammered. I got time to get popcorn I guess.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    8 minutes and counting.

Are you onto something or just on something?
  • VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Forgrimm said:
    Twitch announcement will be here
    Thanks brooooo
  • klemmbobklemmbob Member UncommonPosts: 103
    edited September 2016
    It's another Overwatch

Ya heard it here first
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    4k viewers... I was expecting more but then again it hasn't started yet.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    edited September 2016
    We already know "WHAT" it is...
    https://games.amazon.com/games

"Breakaway is a 4 vs. 4 mythological sport brawler built for fast action, teamwork, and live-streaming. Assemble the optimal team from an expanding roster of legendary warriors, each with their own unique skills, weapons, and Buildables—summonable structures that can be used to dynamically alter the arena and provide a new level of tactical depth. Fight for dominance across fabled locations such as El Dorado, Atlantis, and Styx as you engage in multiplayer competition to control the Relic, an artifact of immense power. Broadcast your feats utilizing a host of new Twitch features designed to make Breakaway as fun to watch as it is to play."

IDK how long their site has "spoiled" their big announce but yeah...
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Breakaway = Nope.

New World = Possiblity

Crucible = Nope.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    New World sounds epic

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

New World and Crucible...mmmmmmmmm
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

"Breakaway is a 4 vs. 4 mythological sport brawler built for fast action, teamwork, and live-streaming. Assemble the optimal team from an expanding roster of legendary warriors, each with their own unique skills, weapons, and Buildables—summonable structures that can be used to dynamically alter the arena and provide a new level of tactical depth. Fight for dominance across fabled locations such as El Dorado, Atlantis, and Styx as you engage in multiplayer competition to control the Relic, an artifact of immense power. Broadcast your feats utilizing a host of new Twitch features designed to make Breakaway as fun to watch as it is to play."

If this is what it is, then ... bleh...... and not a MMO 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Why did they start their conference with their most uninspired game? IDK...
    I agree with Alba, those two games look far more interesting.
    edited September 2016
    Kyleran said:

If this is what it is, then ... bleh...... and not a MMO 
    Well to be fair I only linked the info on their FIRST game of 3 their showing tonight.

There are 3, and the other two are more interesting. 

New World 

"Carve your own destiny in New World, a massively multiplayer, open-ended sandbox game set in a living, cursed land. Choose how you play, what you do, and whom you work with or against in an evolving world that transforms with the seasons, weather, and time of day. Band together to reclaim monster-haunted wilds and build thriving civilizations, or strike out on your own, surviving in the face of supernatural terrors and murderous player bandits. Focused on emergent gameplay and rich social features – including deep Twitch integration with broadcaster-led events, achievements, and rewards – your only limit in the New World is your ambition."

Crucible

"Crucible is a battle to the last survivor on a hostile alien world. Players choose and customize heroes, making alliances and betraying allies on their path to victory. An additional player heightens the drama by triggering events, live-streaming the battles, and interacting with viewers."

Seems like Overwatch, A Sandbox MMO (Archeage / Black desert) and an ARK type game.
  • TeccaTecca Member UncommonPosts: 45
    New World is the one most of us here (maybe) will be interested in. I hope to see more info about that game. Looks grim, kind of like Dark Souls. 
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing what they say about New World. It sounds like my type of game. That is one I'm most looking forward to hearing about in this twitch video stream

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

edited September 2016
    I really hope there's some form of shape shifting going on in New world. One of the art designs seemed like it was eluding to it with the half human half demon face otherwise that's gonna be one freaky monster.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Breakaway is effing horrible. It's hand ball meets Overwatch. Yeah great idea guys. eSports.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯