Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you rate Warcraft Movie?

2»

Comments

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    OMG people I didn't expect you not to use search engine and type "mediocre definition"  Then come in here and say it doesn't mean average when it does by definition.  Here lets discuss this instead why don't we.  It doesn't mean good but can mean average or slightly below average.  Now can we stop?
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    I just finished watching it myself.  I'd give it a 8/10.  Really enjoyed it and its biggest flaw is some of the cgi used for magic and especially the portal.  Also the elves in WOW look extremely stupid they definitely shouldn't have went with those.  Dwarves cgi was just bad.  They should have made like 3 movies instead of just squeezing it all into 1.  But the story was great and the rest of the movie was awesome.

And yes giving this movie a 1-2 is just being a troll.  Don't rate things you generally don't like in the first place.  Its like rating a video game when you hate them or rating a car when you don't even drive.  Rating a movie genre that you generally hate is unfair and trollish.
  • MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    My expectations were extremely low, to be honest, but it turned out to be quite a lot better than I was expecting -- somewhere between a seven and eight. It certainly could have been better, for starters it would have been wise to start at a less convoluted point in the Warcraft story (and even there they simplified things immensely over the original version), but I really don't get why it got slagged so heavily.

As for those hoping for a director's cut, while it would be nice if they could fill in some elements, I wouldn't hold my breath for it. Apparently the problem is they heavy use of CG means that stuff that was 'cut' by and large never had any of the CG done/finished and to do so would be hugely expensive and not likely to happen.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    filmoret said:
    OMG people I didn't expect you not to use search engine and type "mediocre definition"  Then come in here and say it doesn't mean average when it does by definition.  Here lets discuss this instead why don't we.  It doesn't mean good but can mean average or slightly below average.  Now can we stop?
    No need to be overdramatic. No one googled mediocre, some just know what it means. Movie ratings are very different from game ratings.  It seems a 5/10 for a game means it's a PoS. 

FYI This is the American definition

Simple Definition of mediocre

• : not very good

Full Definition of mediocre

1. :  of moderate or low quality, value, ability, or performance :

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mediocre

now we can stop ;)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

laserit said:
    filmoret said:
    No need to be overdramatic. No one googled mediocre, some just know what it means. Movie ratings are very different from game ratings.  It seems a 5/10 for a game means it's a PoS. 

FYI This is the American definition

Simple Definition of mediocre

• : not very good

Full Definition of mediocre

1. :  of moderate or low quality, value, ability, or performance :

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mediocre

now we can stop ;)

Moderate definition=  Average
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    I gave it an 8. I really enjoyed it, and thought it was well done, but it's definitely not perfect.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Just as entertaining as star wars tfa. 

I gave it a 8 as far as fantasy films go. 

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    I gave it a 7.  It's not the best movie I have seen, but also not the worst by far. 

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    I think we have to get back to mediocre, the OP's chins were wobbling about those posts. :pleased:
  • XristoXristo Member UncommonPosts: 41
    A perfect 5/7.
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    I liked it enough to go back and figure out why IT's lore didn't match up with my recollection of the ORIGINAL lore.  But the more I compare, the more I understand why they did what they did (for most of it).  That being said... I'd say a 6-7.  The fact that my spouse (who hates games) and my kid (who I tried and failed to get INTO WoW) loved it and asked for a sequel, speaks volumes.