Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you rate Warcraft Movie?

filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
edited September 2016 in World of Warcraft
What rating would you give this movie.  Tell us why if you feel like it.
Are you onto something or just on something?

Comments

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited September 2016
    I'd rate it the same as your average scifi/fantasy movie 2 or 3 stars out of 5

My 5 does not mean "mediocre at best" , it means average like it should for a movie.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    laserit said:

My 5 does not mean "mediocre at best" , it means average like it should for a movie.
    mediocre means average 
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    edited September 2016
    filmoret said:
    laserit said:

mediocre means average 
    "mediocre at best" leaves a negative connotation. There is nothing negative intended about my 5

I consider an average movie to be a movie worth watching

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I'd say it's a 6.5, but since i had to chose between 6 and 7 here, it's more of a 6 to me.

Aori said:
    7, it might go up to an 8 or 9 depending on the 40 minutes of footage we don't have.
    ???

Do I sense an extended version?

• pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256
    2. Watched it with my family because they love fantasy movies and thought we could bond over it (because I like MMOs). did not enjoy any part of the films. the only think that kept it from the lowest rating is the fact that I've seen A  Serbian Film. 

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited September 2016

They had a lot of things that could be lead ups for a sequel but sadly that probably won't happen.

My favorite parts in WoW lore all come shortly after the events in this movie.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    I gave it a 4.  I probably would have scored it higher if I didn't know the lore which made me feel they totally botched characterization, atmosphere and any epicness the story warranted.  Everything felt waaaay too small in scope.
    I gotta say

I just watched it again and I think I'll change my score to a 7

• jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    More entertaining than the movie critics thought.  Not a masterpiece but I enjoyed it.

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Was pretty bad. I fell asleep.

• Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370

I'm one of those rarities that have never played WoW and I'm not real familiar with Warcraft. I am also not a fan of the TLotR movies or books as I wasn't a big reader in my youth and the Peter Jackson movies felt slow and unimpressive.

THIS movie, I kinda liked. I gave it a 7 out of ten. It felt like it was trying to tell a part of a bigger story without it purposely trying to look or feel like a grand epic journey or quest. It just told a story in a decent amount of time and it did it nicely. It had a few things I don't normally see and it held my interest till the end. Aside from that, it was not overly spectacular and didn't "wow" me to a degree that I would be hyped for the sequel... though I would see one if it were made.

Overall it was just slightly better than average, very slightly. It could have been worse but it also could have been much better.

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,106
    filmoret said:
    laserit said:

mediocre means average 
    Actually, it means not very good. Moderate means acceptable. Not average. When compared to average, it would be just barely below it. When you say a car has average gas mileage you're saying its nothing special but its okay. When you are saying it has mediocre gas mileage, you are saying its kinda crap but could be worse.

Not sure why people would instantly click agree when they have literally the entire worlds knowledge at their fingertips and its a simple google to get the answer.
  • AlcuinAlcuin Member UncommonPosts: 331

(-1)... Unnecessary romantic subplot.
    (+7) ... able to sit with my daughter and discuss Warcraft lore.

Pretty well done for what it was.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I didn't have any specific expectations for the movie when seeing it.  I didn't expect a Warcraft movie to be a Schindler's List or an Oscar worthy movie.  I did enjoy it though and so did my wife.  Being someone who played WC1 when it first came out helped I'm sure since I was glued to that game as a kid.  I gave it an 8 because it entertained me and I hope for a sequel.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited September 2016
    Better than World OF Warcraft the video game today if the character models were as good as the movie I would be playing it lol as well as a new UI Over-haul of course, and the new talent system sucks bring back the old.
  • PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856
    "There's a Warcraft Movie?" should have been a part of the poll.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Bought the film when it came out on video, thought it was a good enough film, but not so great that i'd go to a cinema to watch it.
    Basically added to my film library of films for the kids, depending on their age and interests etc. along with films like Frozen. :o
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Gave it a 6.  Mostly this is because they didn't do it in house and when they amazing CG right at blizzard that does a better job.  Secondly it should have just been a CG movie from the beginning instead of trying to mix live action with CG.  They did not blend well at all.  I love the lore of Warcraft but this kinda butchered it and left so many holes for anyone without knowledge of the lore, and they would have been lost from the onset.  Think Blizzard would have done a much better job themselves instead of outsourcing it.
  • waveslayerwaveslayer Member UncommonPosts: 511
    Just watched it for the first time on TWC on demand, it was labeled Sci-fi,Fantasy/Action and thats what it was, I enjoyed it .I am one of those ppl who feel that 95% of the critically acclaimed oscar winning movies are utter crap.

Godz of War I call Thee

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    madazz said:
    filmoret said:
    laserit said:

mediocre means average 
    Actually, it means not very good. Moderate means acceptable. Not average. When compared to average, it would be just barely below it. When you say a car has average gas mileage you're saying its nothing special but its okay. When you are saying it has mediocre gas mileage, you are saying its kinda crap but could be worse.

Not sure why people would instantly click agree when they have literally the entire worlds knowledge at their fingertips and its a simple google to get the answer.
    Madazz you are correct in saying mediocre does not mean average.  It is considered to mean less than average.  Something not worth time or very good.  For ranking system on a 10 scale it would mean close to a 3.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited September 2016

I don't understand movie production, never really interested to care.  But I love watching movies deeply.

It seemed to me like it was made by amateurs, like everything was too close.  Kind of like it was made in my back yard and my basement with some props, but at times they would pan out to a cartoonish world to make it look big.

But then again I don't know how to make movies, just like to watch.  And this one wasn't very good :(

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    I'd say around a 6 personally.

The movie gets a higher rating for the orcs, the humans where bad and the romance part was just cheesy and out of place.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    filmoret said:
    laserit said:

mediocre means average 

I can only speak for the UK, but 'mediocre' has the connotation of being in the lower bracket of what we think of as average.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    If we were using a more traditional movie rating scale I'd have given it 3.5 stars, so I guess that's about a 6 or so on this one.

While the special effects were impressive, I had a hard time identifying with the characters or their problems vs other movies in the same genre. (a re-watch might improve this however)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon