Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Look at a Breathtaking Realm

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageA Look at a Breathtaking Realm

The announcement of Dark and Light's upcoming Early Access release has made major waves in the gaming community. As we approach this release, we are excited to reveal more details of Dark and Light's dynamic, world, which is both strikingly realistic and wonderfully magical.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    200 dollar access packs incoming for a f2p game with p2w elements.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    "they can hunt for magical creatures like unicorns by following their tracks in the ground"

That's right hunt 'em! Dem's good eatin'!

Ok, I'm in, large open world that looks great, can play an elf and it's an exploration game.

Sure, sell me that $200.00 access pack.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398

exile01 said:

It's not a free2play game, it's buy2play
  • viletot0viletot0 Member UncommonPosts: 73
    I can't justify $200 for me to play now, but if it really looks this good in gameplay and the gameplay itself is good I will definitely have to check this out when it releases. the screenshots look beautiful and interesting. makes me really want to explore the world.
  • Deth70Deth70 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    What are the P2W elements? Or we just say that out of point now?
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Awesome

viletot0 said:

I can't justify $200 for me to play now, but if it really looks this good in gameplay and the gameplay itself is good I will definitely have to check this out when it releases. the screenshots look beautiful and interesting. makes me really want to explore the world.

I think that was a joke, I haven't seen any access packs or any such thing as of yet.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

exile01 said:

It's actually b2p but you wouldn't know that unless you had done your homework.

Deth70 said:

He is guessing just like he guessed it was f2p when it's actually b2p like GW2 and eso.

viletot0 said:

You actually took him seriously lol, I guess this is what the mmo devs of today have actually done to the genra. You expect what the person you quoted said to actually be fact without checking yourself.

Don't really like playing dwarf characters but it's going to be a toss up between l elves or dwarf's

• viletot0viletot0 Member UncommonPosts: 73

viletot0 said:

You actually took him seriously lol, I guess this is what the mmo devs of today have actually done to the genra. You expect what the person you quoted said to actually be fact without checking yourself.

No, it's true, I didn't look into it, personally it wasn't that important to me since I'm going to wait until it releases and decide after that if it's worth the cost of the game or not. And unfortunately, these days, I wouldn't be surprised at anything a dev might ask for early access.
  • ShavaKaShavaKa Member UncommonPosts: 91
    edited September 2016
    In the shadows - the obscurity of deception can be missed when the market's veil of power conceals its truth. We've all seen great looking games, but then they add really bad content, NPCs, character design, animations, story etc etc.

The ones who wait will escape the chains and walk free into the warmth of the next one. But maybe, maybe this is the one to rule them all...
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

exile01 said:

It's actually b2p but you wouldn't know that unless you had done your homework.
    So is BDO...if you really believe there is much difference between B2P with a cash shop and F2P with a cash shop outside of the former stiffs you for an up front cost.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Deth70 said:

He is guessing just like he guessed it was f2p when it's actually b2p like GW2 and eso.
    Perhaps the past P2W performance of previous Snail games lead him to make this assumption.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Don't really like playing dwarf characters but it's going to be a toss up between l elves or dwarf's
    Angry dwarf definitely suits you better.

ShavaKa said:
    In the shadows - the obscurity of deception can be missed when the market's veil of power conceals its truth. We've all seen great looking games, but then they add really bad content, NPCs, character design, animations, story etc etc.

The ones who wait will escape the chains and walk free into the warmth of the next one. But maybe, maybe this is the one to rule them all...
    Meh, this is just about player expectations. If players are concerned with things being "amazing/perfect/whatever - fill in the blank" then they shouldn't be looking into games that are advertised like this.

If players are concerned with cash shops then they should be very patient and wait when it comes to eastern games.

For me all of this is a non-issue. I don't require anything but a huge open world, a way to grow my character and exploration. At least for a title like this. Cash shops are a non-issue for me.

People need to know their temperament and know what they can and cannot accept.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Deth70 said:

What does it matter? B2P is just F2P with an entry fee.

It's no better.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Torval said:
    Vesavius said:
    Deth70 said:

It's no better.
    That speaks volumes at how much worse P2P is. They screw you three ways to Tuesday.
    Giggle worth-ily true, since I can't think of a sub game that doesn't have a cash shop of some sort.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Torval said:
    Vesavius said:
    Deth70 said:

It's no better.
    That speaks volumes at how much worse P2P is. They screw you three ways to Tuesday.

C'mon, now... Be fair. While most P2P games do choose to use a cash shop, it is not a defining part of the revenue model. P2P for years was extremely profitable in many many games with no cash shop. You know this.

Plus, it's a bit of a cheap straw man, considering I was talking about F2P Vs B2P and not discussing P2P here at all.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521

Torval said:

Vesavius said:

Deth70 said:

It's no better.

Regardless of total cost or model, one is paying for entertainment. If the buyer agrees to the price and pays it that's the beginning and end of it unless the seller does not come through on thier side of the bargain.

This victim playing over a completely optional purchase is interesting.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Yet ... nothing about combat ! :|

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    I'll wait until I see what the races and gameplay look like before getting hyped. Snail Games has always been good in the graphics department. It's the gameplay systems that they've failed at time and time again.

Smile

• RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516

Scellow said:

exile01 said:

It's not a free2play game, it's buy2play

same, you just put a extra entry fee, they will add a cash shop

that a free2play , buy2play are worst that f2p now...
  • DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Mark my words. This game will have bad "pop-in" from the draw distance  texture changes