Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elaine Update Brings New Biome & The Keepers

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageElaine Update Brings New Biome & The Keepers

Albion Online News - Albion Online has been updated with the Elaine patch that brings a brand new highlands biome into the game as well as reintroduces players to The Keepers faction. Keepers live in the Highlands and are holders of Keeper Artifact Items and all new Hell Artifact Items. To show off Elaine, a new trailer has been released. Check it out!

Read the full story here

Comments

• truewarlordtruewarlord Member UncommonPosts: 78
    So sad this game is now totally P2W. You can make real money turns to game currency, instantly being able to buy the best gear and craft materials. And the game is full loot PvP. P2W in a full loot MMO LOL.

"Premium" status is just giving too much, and LP is a very bad system (worse than Archeage i must say) and it is ridiculous right now. You just make 2 alts (LP it is individual for each characters) and focus these in craft, while making your main character focus in combat and gathering. That totally kills the need of "crafters players", because everyone has personal crafters alts.
    Also "premium" and the LP system make someone progress like 70% faster. That is too much power.

Some people are defending that game is not P2W, here i will list the top 3 arguments:

- It is not pay to win because it is full loot, so even the guy that pay and insta get best gear will die and lose.
    Well that logic is just wrong. Albion is very gear dependent (actually skills are target, you just need to spam and use cancels here and there, you can't realy outskill someone. Gear >>>> Skill) and the one with best gear will win. People using this argument aways put the p2w guy in 1x10 or 1x100 situations to make it possible that he dies and lose. They never put it in a 1x1, 10x10 or 100x100 situation, where one side is with paying users and the other side with normal users, because they know what side will easily win.

- It is not pay to win, it is pay to progress faster.
    Well that one is just amazing. These people are just ignoring all the problem people are bringing, they think the game is fine because of "name is not pay to win", is something else. It is not p2w it is pay to progress faster. Now all the problems have just vanish in the air.

- You can't just buy the best gear, you need to be able to wear it.
    Believe me, some one are using this as an argument that it is not p2w. "Premium" users progress is like 70% faster. Paying users can put even more money to make it even more faster. That is huge. As soon as you get enough fame to wear best gear, you just spend money and done, best gear is yours. Now go, kill and loot normal players.

The fact that the game have a full loot system is the very first reason of why they should never put a system like this. A player may take a lot of time to make decent gear (T6.4), just to be killed by someone that pay real money and insta buy the best gear (T7). Now the normal player will lose everthing... It is a P2W system in a full loot game... Amazing...

It is just lame that i have take so much time to recomend this game to all my friends. Lame.
  • FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    I regret buying my founders pack.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    I don't mind some top down games; mainly turn-based RPGs, but I don't think I could play an MMO like this for long having to always be stuck with a view of the boring ground. It just feels limiting.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    edited September 2016
    I regret buying the founder's pack. The game literally has zero content besides increasing your tier through crafting and gathering resources. That is literally it besides pvp. It's a mindless, boring game that also makes traveling a pain in the ass without a mount due to the huge square grid maps that are basically all the same yet for some reason were made to be pointlessly large with no content to actually give a reason to the huge maps.

Smile

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다