Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFR gives lower ilvl than class hall and world quests gave me ..

FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
This isn't a complaint but an observation.

I have all class hall armor except shoulders which require exalted with nightfallen.  I just do one heroic a day for the bonus reward.  I've done two mythics to complete quests.  Anyway, my ilvl is 843 from mostly solo casual play .

LFR will yield ilvl 835 gear, with a chance for higher rolls.  This seems like a mistep by blizzard as there's no real incentive to run LFR this time around, except once for the quest.  It seems like LFR should start at ilvl of 845 and every other tier should be boosted by 10 to compensate.

Maybe the goal is to get people to pug normal raids now?  That is now the only incentive for me as someone that doesn't like to schedule specific times to raid.  Or just wait until the next raid releases a LFR

Comments

• evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131
    LFR starting at ilvl 845 is a dumb suggestion when mythic dungeon itself hands out 840+ gear.

You could literally put your toon on auto follow and semi afk and yet win your loot cause 15+ others will do the work for you.

If you aren't putting your weight on mythic dungeon, its either a wipe or kick at worst. LFR is meant to introduce you to emerald nightmare in general not as a means for getting gear.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    edited September 2016
    evdaez said:

LFR is meant to introduce you to emerald nightmare in general not as a means for getting gear.

It was ALWAYS a way to get gear upgrades for casuals - they just made changes in Legion such that it's not the case anymore.  they borked everything by giving chances for gear to roll higher levels.

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921
    evdaez said:

LFR is meant to introduce you to emerald nightmare in general not as a means for getting gear.

It was ALWAYS a way to get gear upgrades for casuals - they just made changes in Legion such that it's not the case anymore.  they borked everything by giving chances for gear to roll higher levels.

And it still is, Mythics are probably a little bit harder than LFR, especially the first tier of raids in an expansion.

Mythic plus is designed to keep mythics up as an equally viable gear progression path to raiding, but if you are looking at LFR for your end game, then you are probably not going to try mythic+ stuff so the gear is straight up better than heroic dungeon gear.

You are looking at the old paradigm of progression, the new one is slightly different in that it has branches, so in the old days you would go.

Level > Dungeons > Heroic Dungeon > LFR > Normal Raid > HC raid > Mythic raid

Now its more

Level > Dungeons > Heroic Dungeons > What ever the hell you want at the level you want to play at.

World quests are the only thing that skews this but once you get past about 835 Ilevel its rare a WQ gives you an upgrade unless it Warforges or titanforges.

Basically your "Endgame" is now a sliding scale.  Are you fill on casual go LFR, are you prepared to work a bit at forming cohesive groups, go Mythic, want to challenge your self push up in the raid tiers OR the Mythic+ tiers. 

Find your comfortable play level and play it, other people will do the same, just cos theirs is different to yours doesnt mean there is anything wrong with having multiple end game paths.

Also LFR at this stage is to allow people who cant get in organised raid groups to see the story, not as primary method of gearing up.  Normal mode raids vs standard Mythic puts you back on your standard progression path.
  • evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131
    evdaez said:

Whats preventing you from trying normal or 5 mans mythic?

Nothing.....

And blizz shouldnt cater to you just because you `feel` that lfr should give gear of a higher ilvl.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    LFR has always been tourist mode so casuals can see the content and the storyline progression. It's watered down to the point where it's basically fail-proof. There are plenty of pug raids for the normal version forming all the time through the pre-made group finder tool.
    evdaez said:
    evdaez said:

Whats preventing you from trying normal or 5 mans mythic?

Nothing.....

And blizz shouldnt cater to you just because you `feel` that lfr should give gear of a higher ilvl.

You're easily the rudest person I've seen here.  Welcome to ignore and learn some tact
    Kothoses said:
    evdaez said:

And it still is, Mythics are probably a little bit harder than LFR, especially the first tier of raids in an expansion.

Mythic plus is designed to keep mythics up as an equally viable gear progression path to raiding, but if you are looking at LFR for your end game, then you are probably not going to try mythic+ stuff so the gear is straight up better than heroic dungeon gear.

You are looking at the old paradigm of progression, the new one is slightly different in that it has branches, so in the old days you would go.

Now its more

Level > Dungeons > Heroic Dungeons > What ever the hell you want at the level you want to play at.

World quests are the only thing that skews this but once you get past about 835 Ilevel its rare a WQ gives you an upgrade unless it Warforges or titanforges.

Basically your "Endgame" is now a sliding scale.  Are you fill on casual go LFR, are you prepared to work a bit at forming cohesive groups, go Mythic, want to challenge your self push up in the raid tiers OR the Mythic+ tiers. 

Find your comfortable play level and play it, other people will do the same, just cos theirs is different to yours doesnt mean there is anything wrong with having multiple end game paths.

Also LFR at this stage is to allow people who cant get in organised raid groups to see the story, not as primary method of gearing up.  Normal mode raids vs standard Mythic puts you back on your standard progression path.
    Class hall armor skews it even more and it's super easy to get.  They simply abandoned the casuals with LFR.  I'd say it's the first major mistake I've seen this expansion. 

If LFR had actual item upgrades I'd be more interested in continuing my adventures.  But with the pain that is finding mythics, I've decided to avoid normal raids in pugs and decided years ago not to do video game content that requires voice chat as it's more work than fun at that point. 

I'll probably just do achievements, farm gold or level/gear alts until I get bored.   I've already gotten enough gold from blacksmithing to get tokens for a year. I can return in six months or so and rejoin the casual/solo progression train then.  It's not like there aren't other genres of games that offer progression such as seasons in D3 and POE.  grouping helps but isn't strictly required in them.  that's just more my taste these days.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited September 2016
    Kothoses said:
    evdaez said:

Now its more

Class hall armor skews it even more and it's super easy to get.  They simply abandoned the casuals with LFR.  I'd say it's the first major mistake I've seen this expansion. 

If LFR had actual item upgrades I'd be more interested in continuing my adventures.  But with the pain that is finding mythics, I've decided to avoid normal raids in pugs and decided years ago not to do video game content that requires voice chat as it's more work than fun at that point. 

I'll probably just do achievements, farm gold or level/gear alts until I get bored.   I've already gotten enough gold from blacksmithing to get tokens for a year. I can return in six months or so and rejoin the casual/solo progression train then.  It's not like there aren't other genres of games that offer progression such as seasons in D3 and POE.  grouping helps but isn't strictly required in them.  that's just more my taste these days.
    You are kind of forgetting that class hall at the very least is a huge time gate in order to get due to mission times and such. LFR is ideally for those leveling alts and wanting extra armor without the wait.

World quest rewards should scale with you in theory. So it kind of helps those focus on a main while still giving decent enough options for alts. Kind of how the game always has been.