Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My firefox crashes due to this website

nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490
I mainly use Firefox as my internet browser but recently I've had a problem whereby its crashing and only due to this website. Is this a common problem with firefox?

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Nope. No problems for me.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by nomadian
    I mainly use Firefox as my internet browser but recently I've had a problem whereby its crashing and only due to this website. Is this a common problem with firefox?

Disable any extensions you have loaded and then try. I run firefox with a robust extension load and I don't have any problems but not all extensions are bug free.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• JtHMJtHM Member Posts: 122

Actually I have the exact opposite problem...

Firefox works great for me with the site, if a bit slow loading. IE on the other hand crashes constantly if I try to use it for this site, no problems with IE on any other site though.

• rasmanrasman Member Posts: 21

Ive been having the same exact problem, I use firefox all the time and just recently its been crashing a ton when I surf to this site....I dont have very many, if any, extensions added in...anyone know a workaround for this?

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

I only have one mod really and thats the 'adblock' one. Seems silly that mmorpg.com is crashing due to that though, every other website is fine.

• DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415

I've sent this over to our CTO.

Dana Massey
    Formerly of MMORPG.com
    Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

I get it with Firefox, Safari and Netscape. ONLY when one particular add comes up.

I'd say which one it is, but I never see it. I can tell you it isn't the Rose, AO, YVT, powerlevel, and Scandisk ones at least.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• XenduliXenduli Member Posts: 654

For a while I kept getting MessageBox of please fill in message field, but now I disabled then re-enabled adblock extension and put mmorpg.com on whitelist for everything under Tools->Options->Content everything seems fine!

No annoying animated GIF here!

• FuzzelFuzzel Member Posts: 8
    Works just fine for me :)

www.crytian.net , ORPG in alpha

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490
    Edit: switched off Adblock, only one crash in ages now.