Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoE lost SWG - OFFICIAL !! Lucas Art made official: Atari is doing the next SWG

Hi Folks,

SoE and Lucas Art just released a press release (www.cbs.com/news):

Lucas Art and SoE are splitting for the ongoing developement of SWG.

While SoE keeps the licence for the crossplatform/console versions, Atari (big suprise!!) is doing the pc-version.

THe Pre-CU is NOT property of SoE, it was contracted that every single line of code done by SoE is belonging to Lucas Art.

Atari spokesman Collin Raye said, they will follow the advise of the customers by rebuilding the SWG universe based on the publish 9 code, which (of course) still exist.

Atari plans to get online with the first 8 servers on 18. of April, hosted by akamai.
The intention of such early start is, to have the customers of SWG working active on the ongoing developement.
The pub-9 code is launched by that date, attended by some similar mechanism like Arena Network is using: Patching the game without serverdowns, so every customer can see the changes immediatly and respond to it.

Atari also announced, that Lucas Art and Atari will develope a P2P version of the game, so players can keep playing SWG when "Star Wars: The hidden republic" (aka SWG2) will be finished in 2007.

Im VERY excited !!!!

...if this wouldnt be an
APRIL APRIL APRIL APRIL.... :::^D:: ::::01::

Sorry.....im not less sad then you, that this isnt true.... ::::16::

But at least, some just had a smile again on their face. And if it was just for 10 seconds...

Claude

Comments

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646
    Still 31/3 here. 

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762
    yep, still the 31st of march here as well....>.>. Did you not know this month had an extra 31'st day lol? or are you just in a different time zone, because then its understandable.

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• NeptusNeptus Member UncommonPosts: 988

Atari? Well, I guess it's alot better than SoE.

Atari hasn't made a good game since the console Atari. In my opinion.

Neptus - FFXI - Pandemonium
    Neptus - WoW - Detheroc

• SonOfAGhostSonOfAGhost Member Posts: 383

Originally posted by Phoenixs

Still 31/3 here. 

Yep, I think you just did a self-0wn3d Claude
  • BoozbazBoozbaz Member Posts: 1,918
    Well at least he reminded us that april fools is coming up soon. Hmm man I'm all out of ideas for pranking people tommorow.

• t0yb0xt0yb0x Member Posts: 201
    i think Lego Star Wars should be the new SWG.

'nuff said. ;P

-t

_______

Now Playing:
    EQ2
    Prior Games (in no order):
    SWG, L2, RO, PT, ROSE, CoH/CoV, AO, UO, EVE, WoW and a bunch of others.
    _______

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

What games recently has Atari even made? I know they publish a lot. The last good Atari developed game I can remember playing is the original Rush.

• ClaudeFRClaudeFR Member Posts: 376

Since im living in Europe, i am a few hours ahead, correct Sir ::;^)::

But when i posted it, it was still 31. here - but i thought the forum would take longer to sort the post into the database, forgot the upgrade... ::::02:: ::::01::

Hmm, the joke about Atari wasnt clear enough ?
    Do some investigations where some people at Lucas Art (like Nancy McIntiyre) come from...

Claude