Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, I was thinking about this Dev roadshow....

chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118

The first one is in Atlanta.   Anyone feel like meeting me there with a blowtorch and a pair of pliers?  Or at least a crate of rotten tomatoes.  

Seriously, could be fun to have a little SWG refugee reception of some type....you know, just to welcome them.    image

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

Comments

• MordahMordah Member Posts: 199
    Im not paying them $150 just to listen to more lies and be ignored.  I can get that for free just by going to the SWG boards.  Its nothing more than a marketing ploy so they can justify doing whatever they want anyway...not like they really care what anyone has to say.
  • chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118

Originally posted by Mordah
    Im not paying them $150 just to listen to more lies and be ignored.  I can get that for free just by going to the SWG boards.  Its nothing more than a marketing ploy so they can justify doing whatever they want anyway...not like they really care what anyone has to say.

LOL....I didnt know there was an entry fee.   Ok, maybe just sit outside and chunk rotten fruit at em.   image

Just to be clear, I wasnt suggesting listening or talking to the Devs (and i use the term loosely).   Rather, I was contemplating protesting or in some way making our displeasure understood and felt. 

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

THERE'S AN ENTRY FEE?????

HAHAHAHAHHAhAHAAHAHAHhahahHAHHaahhahAHAHAhahahHHAAH
    /breathe
    HAHHAAHHAhaahahahahhahahahahaohohohohoahahahahahhaaaaaaa

/thud

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• bigherbbigherb Member Posts: 76
    [qoute=ThunderDildo]

This April, the developers of the game you love are coming to a city near you! Beginning April 6, 2006, members of the LucasArts and Sony Online Entertainment development teams will be traveling to several cities around the US in a series of community summits. 

Here's your chance to talk with the developers face to face, find out about upcoming plans and future developments for the game, ask them questions in a live Q&A format, and connect with fellow players.   

We want to meet you, hear what you have to say, and tell you about the exciting things we have planned for 2006 and beyond.  Stay tuned for details on where, when and all the other information including how to register (although all events are free of charge) coming soon.

About the First Event:

Our first event is scheduled to take place on Friday, April 7 th from 2:00 PM-6:00 PM in Atlanta at the Marriott Atlanta Marquis.  More details to follow.  Please check back soon for more information.

Cities, Dates and Times

Atlanta - Friday, April 7, 2006
    When: 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
    Where: Marriott Atlanta Marquis - 265 Peachtree Center Ave., Atlanta, GA 30303

Austin - Saturday, April 8, 2006
    When: 6:30 PM - 10:30 PM
    Where: Hilton Austin Airport - 9515 New Airport Dr., Austin, TX 78719

Los Angeles - Friday, April 14, 2006
    When: 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
    Where: The Radisson at Los Angeles Airport - 6225 W. Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045

Indianapolis - Friday, April 14, 2006
    When: 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
    Where: Hyatt Regency Indianapolis - One South Capitol Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46204

Seattle - Saturday, April 15, 2006
    When: 5:00 - 9:00 PM
    Where: Hilton Seattle - 1301 6th Ave., Seattle, WA 98101

Registration for these events will be available soon!

[/quote]

Closest for me is a 12 hour drive to Indy, or 12 to Austin.  Well, 12 for normal drivers, more like 6 hours for me, I have a bit of a lead foot. 

And yes, all free.

• digrizdigriz Member Posts: 254

Shame they are not coming to the UK. 

@MMORPG.com, guys are you going to any of these summits?? could we compile a list of questions to be asked?? mainly about poor customer service, the restaraunt analogy springs to mind

'No sir, you'll enjoy the tuna more than the steak your paying for. I'm telling you, so pay and shut up'.

BTW, is it this PC i'm using or is this site going nuts at the moment?? I'm talking about the mechanics of the site, not the contributers.

• kefkahkefkah Member UncommonPosts: 832

Originally posted by digriz

Shame they are not coming to the UK. 

BTW, is it this PC i'm using or is this site going nuts at the moment?? I'm talking about the mechanics of the site, not the contributers.

I think V for Vendetta scared the hell out of them so they won't be taking thier show across the pond. :D

And yes, the forums are buggy due to testing the new software. Also, the quote feature seems to include the underlying code...will see when this reply posts (with any luck).

• BaselineBaseline Member Posts: 503

They will have a grand attendance of 5 people.

• MordahMordah Member Posts: 199
    My apologies.  I guess I got it mixed up with the craptacular "SOE Fan Faire".  Meh...I'm still not going.
    Hmmm....I had thought that maybe someone in the Atlanta area might be up for stirring up a little mischief.    Oh well.  

• EchoroxEchorox Member Posts: 37
    wouldn't it be cheaper on their part to just to read the forum instead?

Originally posted by Echorox
    wouldn't it be cheaper on their part to just to read the forum instead?

It would be much cheaper.  But then they wouldnt get the thrill of being told how bad they suck, in person.   Some people in this world are very sick, and should be pitied.   But, if you cant find any pity in your heart for them (perfectly understandable) then I recommend throwing rotten produce at them.  It fullfills their need for self-degradation and it satisfies your need for vengeance.   Basically, its a win-win situation.