Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Paladins like Overwatch?

holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
Watch this and see:

Krematory

Comments

• Kaelaan21Kaelaan21 Member UncommonPosts: 349
    You read it hear folks! THIS is obviously the next WoW... err.. I mean Overwatch killer.
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    This game was actually good at the begining. It was very different and promising. Then they decided that it is better to just copy Overwatch instead of create something new and different. How can someone actually believe that this is a good idea. Why should I play this cheap rip off instead of playing Overwatch? Back then hi rez was actuaally a good company. They had a vision. I remember that I enjoyed a lot playing Global Agenda and Tribes. This is just sad...
  • WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Paladins is a complete rip off of Overwatch. Every champion from Paladins has an equivalent kit to that of Overwatch.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Yea they either copied Overwatch or TF2.  Blizzard should sue them for copying their original game.  Oh wait...
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    Paladins was definitely more interesting in it's alpha state than it is now that they've re-geared chars to mimic Overwatch.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• Kaelaan21Kaelaan21 Member UncommonPosts: 349
    I dunno ... Paladin seems much more personal. Soldier 76 has a name now. His name is Viktor.
  • JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    To be honest, I actually enjoy Paladins. It's pretty fun.
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    edited September 2016
    paladins was in beta before overwatch came out, so im not sure who have copy who actualy.

got both overwatch and paladin and honestly they are pretty much the same lol... and paladin free.
    when i got in the mood for these type of games often im loging more into paladin that overwatch now.

overwatch you kinda die way to fast, in paladin you fight alot more before die because you got more hp, so for me that kinda more fun.

added info about both games releases :  It was released in May 2016 for overwatch and for paladins : Closed beta phase began on November 17, 2015

they annonced the games before overwatch too

blizzard are the one who copy everyone guys :) dont forget it
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455
    Paladins started in development around the same time as Overwatch and had a beta/founders program for awhile.  I haven't played in about 6 months but when I did I didn't see the similarities between it and Overwatch people are claiming.  Things may have changed since then, though.

I mean it's not like Overwatch copied TF2. B)

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

Paladins is a complete rip off of Overwatch. Every champion from Paladins has an equivalent kit to that of Overwatch.
    Overwatch is a complete rip off of Team Fortress 2.  Every champion from Overwatch has an equivalent kit to that of Team Fortress 2.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    edited September 2016
    I think people forget that Titan = Overwatch , more or less ! So saying things like "paladins was in beta before overwatch came out, so im not sure who have copy who actualy." or "Paladins started in development around the same time as Overwatch" makes me think that people will blindly approve (almost) anything without searching ( or researching? )!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

OOOOH  This is interesting.   Paladins is directly linked with Team Fortress 2.  So it is Overwatch who is guilty in this scenario.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited September 2016
    paladins was in beta before overwatch came out, so im not sure who have copy who actualy.

got both overwatch and paladin and honestly they are pretty much the same lol... and paladin free.
    when i got in the mood for these type of games often im loging more into paladin that overwatch now.

overwatch you kinda die way to fast, in paladin you fight alot more before die because you got more hp, so for me that kinda more fun.

added info about both games releases :  It was released in May 2016 for overwatch and for paladins : Closed beta phase began on November 17, 2015

they annonced the games before overwatch too

blizzard are the one who copy everyone guys :) dont forget it
    Blizzard does copy, but they always enhance what they copy and make it better.  I'm not convinced HiRez is doing the same with Paladins here.  And I believe that when people copy blizzard, the original ideas get too dilluted (since they're copies of copies at that point).

As for which came first, it's a bit blurry.  According to the youtube comments there:

"Where the fuck are people getting that this game came before Overwatch? Overwatch was announced in 2014 with a playable beta while Paladins wasn't announced until August 2015. This game did copy overwatch and the proof of that are the glassdoor reviews of the HIgh-rez CEO."

It's pretty bizarre how many similar things there are.  Like that turtle seems exactly like Roadhog.  And the soldier that sprints with the same looking machine gun with the same running animation.

Judging by the youtube comments, I guess maybe it will actually do OK- basically as a free cheapo version of Overwatch- many there said they will play it because they can't afford to buy Overwatch.

I played in the closed BETA.  I love HiRez but the game is really uninspired, which actually confused me a bit since I think of HiRez as a really creative bunch.  But I guess they're just going for this "off-brand Overwatch" thing, so it makes sense in that context.
    Post edited by holdenhamlet on
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    This is too good OP. I just subscribed. lmao 

I think Blizz might be able to sue this one.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    bcbully said:

Oh I didn't make the video- just saw it and linked it here for discussion.

I do like it though- his accent sounds like a used-car salesman, which is the kind of guy that would be selling Paladins.
  • GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

Paladins is way better then Overwatch  =)

Blizzard is a horrible company now a day ^___^

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534
    Both are really fun (IMO). Overwatch is definitely more polished for obvious reasons. Either way, both games aren't original in their concepts, so who cares.
    edited September 2016
    bcbully said:

Oh I didn't make the video- just saw it and linked it here for discussion.

I do like it though- his accent sounds like a used-car salesman, which is the kind of guy that would be selling Paladins.
    I would like to mention once again.  That Paladin is in league with Team Fortress 2.  They are not in league with blizzard.  That is what Blizzard gets for so blatantly copying another game.  You can unlock Team Fortress 2 skins by playing Paladin.  They obviously have some sort of agreement going that they never had with Blizzard.
    filmoret said:
    Overwatch is a complete rip off of Team Fortress 2.  Every champion from Overwatch has an equivalent kit to that of Team Fortress 2.
    what character is equivalent to Lucio?

Lucio has an AOE heal-over-time that can be switched to a speed-boost, and both can be boosted.  He has slow moving projectile attacks and a secondary attack that knocks players back.  His ult is an aoe-shield.  He wears roller skates and can wall ride.
    filmoret said:

Lucio has an AOE heal-over-time that can be switched to a speed-boost, and both can be boosted.  He has slow moving projectile attacks and a secondary attack that knocks players back.  His ult is an aoe-shield.  He wears roller skates and can wall ride.
    They don't know how to create a few unique characters?  Of course they do, anyone who would think otherwise is being silly.  You have to realize that valve and blizzard aren't really friendly with each other.  Which surprises me they never sued Overwatch.  Because Blizzard surely tried to sue over DOTA.  But its like a software pirate getting mad because someone stole his hard pirating work.  Overwatch is just a pirated version of TF2 with a few modifications.  Blizzard cannot do anything about Paladin, because if they do then they are admitting that what they did was also illegal and it opens them up to being sued by Valve for copying TF2.
    filmoret said:
    filmoret said:

They don't know how to create a few unique characters?  Of course they do, anyone who would think otherwise is being silly.  You have to realize that valve and blizzard aren't really friendly with each other.  Which surprises me they never sued Overwatch.  Because Blizzard surely tried to sue over DOTA.  But its like a software pirate getting mad because someone stole his hard pirating work.  Overwatch is just a pirated version of TF2 with a few modifications.  Blizzard cannot do anything about Paladin, because if they do then they are admitting that what they did was also illegal and it opens them up to being sued by Valve for copying TF2.
    Ok so you were just lying when you said that every champion from Overwatch has an equivalent kit to that of TF2?

Nobody is getting sued, dude.  Both Overwatch and Paladins are significantly different from TF2.  What's funny to me is how similar they are to eachother, and why HiRez went in that direction.
  • WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Ok so you were just lying when you said that every champion from Overwatch has an equivalent kit to that of TF2?

Nobody is getting sued, dude.  Both Overwatch and Paladins are significantly different from TF2.  What's funny to me is how similar they are to eachother, and why HiRez went in that direction.
    Do you want me to make a video comparing OW kits to Paladin kits? 
    filmoret said:
    filmoret said:

The only difference is the fact that Overwatch has more champions then TF2.  Which would obviously make it different at some point.  Like I said there is no way Blizzard can sue them for copying when they so clearly copied TF2.  And the relationship between TF2 and Paladin makes it look like they are run by the same company.  Paladin actually calls some of their skins TF2 skins.  You cannot do something like this without copyright infringement.  Which means they have some kind of deal or they are owned by the copyright owner themselves.  So they have every right to copy TF2 whereas Blizzard had no right and they copied just about everything from TF2 but added their mods.  This very well could be a ploy to draw Blizzard into trying to sue.  And you cannot for 1 second say Blizzard has the right to sue Paladin but Valve does not have the righ tto sue Blizzard for copying TF2 the way they did.
  • khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486
    filmoret said:
    filmoret said:

But Overwatch copies from TF2 and Paladins as well. They took Brawl mode from HI-rez in Smite.

They made golden weapons after Paladins added weapon skins.

They added a flask throwing healer after Paladins has Pip. They 

They added Reinhardt after Paladins had Fernando many months earlier playable.... its not as if they saw all Overwatch guys first. 

I mean I play both games, but I played Paladins beta before Overwatch was ever playable at all. Both games took ideas from TF2 and modified them and are taking ideas from each other also. Who cares?

Paladins is free and as fun or more fun than Overwatch honestly and once its fully finished its going to be a nice game as is Overwatch.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

Do you want me to make a video comparing OW kits to Paladin kits? 
    Sure if you want.  I think the video pointed out some glaring ones already, though.