Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legion - TheHiveLeader's Impressions - Part 2 - World of Warcraft

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageLegion - TheHiveLeader's Impressions - Part 2 - World of Warcraft

World of Warcraft is back with it's newest expansion, Legion! And now it's time for Part Dos of TheHiveLeader's thoughts! The Tomb of Sargeras has been reopened, and the demons of the Burning Legion pour into our world. Their full, terrifying might is fixed on summoning the Dark Titan to Azeroth—and they’ve already located the key to his return. With the Alliance and Horde devastated, only you can take up Warcraft’s most legendary artifacts, scour the ancient Broken Isles for relics of

Read the full story here

Comments

• AbcynthAbcynth Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Having great fun with the expansion myself. My mage is 110 and hitting heroics now. Definitely been loving the questlines and one of the zone's stories actually had me teary. Shaping up to be a great expansion, world quests are definitely a great way to level up your gear to get the minimum ilvl for heroics and some of those world boss battles feel pretty large scale with people rushing into the zone and converging on that boss, reminds me of the world bosses in vanilla.
  • MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    I did a mythic last night at il 827. We wiped on the last boss 9 times. It took 3 hours. The boss got to 0% but did not die.. over and over. Mythics are hard.

• Spankster77Spankster77 Member UncommonPosts: 487
    Having so much fun with the game again. Unlocked my fel forge last night and my 2nd gold tier artifact ability.

My guild has been farming mythics in an effort to gear and even though we are all 840 + we still wipe on occasion which is really freaking awesome! Can't wait for raids next week.

They game is like a nerdy breath of fresh air and I love it!
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Abcynth said:

one of the zone's stories actually had me teary.

Lol. You can't mean that.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

Having so much fun with the game again. Unlocked my fel forge last night and my 2nd gold tier artifact ability.

My guild has been farming mythics in an effort to gear and even though we are all 840 + we still wipe on occasion which is really freaking awesome! Can't wait for raids next week.

They game is like a nerdy breath of fresh air and I love it!

Woah, you must be playing a lot. Impressive. I'm struggling to get to ilevel 810.

Good video, I agree on most points.
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Of course you can't fly! If you could, you might "by pass content" and/or make it more difficult to gank you... ^^ So far Legion has been entertaining. Lets see how it is in three months.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • LleithLleith Member UncommonPosts: 126
    I'm bored already - capped out at 841 IL and not really looking forward to raiding. My Demon Hunter is fun, but enough to keep logging in? I doubt it.
  • RhinotonesRhinotones Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Lleith said:
    I'm bored already - capped out at 841 IL and not really looking forward to raiding. My Demon Hunter is fun, but enough to keep logging in? I doubt it.
    If you're 841 IL you're not capped ;)

• triikortriikor Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Think this is the first time I completely disagree with The Hiveleader.

Nothing great about this expansion at all, mindlessly quest/dungeon to cap only to mindlessly quest/dungeon for gear and rep. meh guess I'm to old for the same old system these days.
  • jmalminjmalmin Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Legion has been amazing so far. Time runs by way to fast, and I still can not get everything I want done. With raids coming out next week... I wont ring the bell just yet... but so far this expansion is the best one they have released. If there will be many patches like 7.1 this will be the best expansion.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited September 2016

Lleith said:

If you're 841 IL you're not capped ;)

going past 840 is just to stroke ego at that point which only 5% of the game population likes to do so...better off just making money past raid requirement since stuff is gonna fall hard.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607

triikor said:

Nothing great about this expansion at all, mindlessly quest/dungeon to cap only to mindlessly quest/dungeon for gear and rep. meh guess I'm to old for the same old system these days.

I'm afraid your choices for MMORPGs are going to be extremely limited if you don't enjoy questing and raiding/dungeons.
  • DreycraftDreycraft Member UncommonPosts: 107

triikor said:

I'm afraid your choices for MMORPGs are going to be extremely limited if you don't enjoy questing and raiding/dungeons.

LOL seriously. It sounds to me like you're playing the wrong genre, maybe you'll be happier sniping people's heads off in CoD. I'm thoroughly enjoying Legion, I love everything it has added and I actually look forward to logging in which I haven't experienced since Wrath and I don't see it subsiding anytime soon.
  • KrizzdKrizzd Member UncommonPosts: 44
    I had try to start playing wow some time ago but it just didnt appeal to me.Since i mostly interested in raids mostly, from what i have seen in videos and forums, if i start playing tomorrow how much time i will need give or take to go at lvl cap and how much more time to gear up for the end game raids?
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Krizzd said:
    I had try to start playing wow some time ago but it just didnt appeal to me.Since i mostly interested in raids mostly, from what i have seen in videos and forums, if i start playing tomorrow how much time i will need give or take to go at lvl cap and how much more time to gear up for the end game raids?
    If you already have the base game, you'll just need to buy the Legion expansion, which will give you a level 100 character boost. From there you can hit level 110 in a week or less, gearing up from there goes by pretty fast too. In just a few weeks I went from 100 - 110 and got to ilvl 841 in gear, which is plenty to start on the current raid that just released yesterday.
  • KrizzdKrizzd Member UncommonPosts: 44
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for the quick answer but no i dont have the base games thats why i asked cause i will probably need to go from 0 to 110 didnt even knew it was so high the level cap.
    I usually play tank or healer just saying cause in most games its harded to lvl up in these classes.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Krizzd said:
    Thanks for the quick answer but no i dont have the base games thats why i asked cause i will probably need to go from 0 to 110 didnt even knew it was so high the level cap.
    I usually play tank or healer just saying cause in most games its harded to lvl up in these classes.
    Then you would buy the base game for $19.99 and the Legion expansion for $49.99. As soon as you get the Legion expansion you can boost a character to level 100 and start on the new content right away, leveling up to 110.
  • Arcane4176Arcane4176 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Not a bad expansion , didn't care for the scaling in all the zones makes you feel weak even after leveling to 110 no matter where you go it feels like your under geared. Artifacts suck due to the fact that weapons are now obsolete , not going to sell any in the ah, or craft any. Just a way for blizzard to not have to make weapons for xpacs.. Next it will be gear then pretty soon you wont have to worry about armor , weapons, anything dropping you'll have all gear that levels up with you. Which makes you have no feeling of accomplishment whatsoever. That's the way i see wow heading. No thanks!