Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

27" 1440p IPS monitor recommendation

jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
After a previous post, some research and thought, I have decided to upgrade my 23" TN 1080p monitor to a 27" 1440p IPS monitor. My current 970 will be offloaded to my wife's PC and I'll be getting a 1070. Not concerned with 144hz, free sync or G sync. Budget is in the $300s. Something along the lines of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236294

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014383

Thanks

Comments

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    I just bought that Asus monitor you have listed there actually.  I was also coming from a 23" but 1650x1080, about 8 years old.  The amount of color I was missing blew my mind.  That old monitor I had got some heavy use so if your old one is a little washed out like mine was you will be ecstatic with that Asus.  I have a couple old of rigs so I really liked the DVI inputs.  I'm really happy with my purchase and I can now hold off a couple more years for a 4k monitor and use this new one for my older rigs.  
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    I don't see a refresh rate listed on either of those, so they're probably 60 Hz.  There are trade-offs among what you can get in your budget, and it sounds like your priority is inches, pixels, and image quality over refresh rate.  There's nothing wrong with that, and I think either of the monitors you list will be worthy upgrades.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    samee26 said:
    i just bought the ASUS PG279Q ROG Swift 27in G-SYNC 2560X1440 WQHD 1440P 165HZ 4ms HDMI DisplayPort USB3 LCD Monitor 
    Perhaps you missed where he had a $300 budget.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Quizzical said:
    samee26 said:
    i just bought the ASUS PG279Q ROG Swift 27in G-SYNC 2560X1440 WQHD 1440P 165HZ 4ms HDMI DisplayPort USB3 LCD Monitor 
    Perhaps you missed where he had a $300 budget.
    it smells like a schill
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    edited September 2016
    I reported all his posts for advertising. And then I got hit with a posting restriction for spamming because I reported too many posts too quickly.

Karma got me. /shrug

• immortal111immortal111 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    He isn't an advertiser. Hes a friend whos trying to get some advice and made an account today. Wasn't sure if he couldnt post new threads because he was new or because he didnt have a 5/10 post count, so I told him to post a bit. Think he took it a bit literally and didn't realise he was spamming lol. Sorry!
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    He isn't an advertiser. Hes a friend whos trying to get some advice and made an account today. Wasn't sure if he couldnt post new threads because he was new or because he didnt have a 5/10 post count, so I told him to post a bit. Think he took it a bit literally and didn't realise he was spamming lol. Sorry!
    lol , ohh well but he did spam every hardware thread with the same exact thing , which was like an advert ...

But Welcome to the community :)
  • immortal111immortal111 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Yeah I looked at what he posted after and shook my head lol. Definitely makes sense for anyone to think that.
  • CreasianCreasian Member UncommonPosts: 112
    I guess I would suggest the BenQ. As long as what you said is true, and you don't care about anything past 60hz, then go for that budget. Not saying it's a mistake, cause heck, you may very well be comfortable with that criteria and good for you! Just saying though.