Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For Honor Shows Off PVP Combat at PAX West a Previews at MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageFor Honor Shows Off PVP Combat at PAX West a Previews at MMORPG.com

Everytime I see For Honor, the third person medieval-themed team hero brawler from Ubisoft, I get excited. Having played it at the Electronic Entertainment Expo the past two years, PAX West afforded another opportunity to go hands on with Ubisoft's new IP. For Honor lets players decide an age-old question: Which medieval warrior would best the others: a Knight, a Viking and a Samurai?

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    They're planning to release this on Valentine's Day 2017 ?

Has their marketing dept. developed a sadistic streak ? :D
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    If it weren't for the joy-killing gender-locks, I'd have preordered already. But nope. They clearly don't want all of my money. An incomplete game deserves a discounted price.
  • ZardayneZardayne Member UncommonPosts: 66
    I cant wait for this game. The last melee fantasy/medieval game I played that I really enjoyed was Rune multiplayer haha. With this looking to have more tactical/realistic fighting I'm sold.

• RedAlert539RedAlert539 Member UncommonPosts: 115

Aeander said:

If it weren't for the joy-killing gender-locks, I'd have preordered already. But nope. They clearly don't want all of my money. An incomplete game deserves a discounted price.

What do you mean? I thought there was gender selection in the character customization. Isn't that the case?
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Aeander said:
    I'm sure the inability to create a female Samurai character will really hurt the sales of this game ! :D
  • Zarnot7Zarnot7 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    There is no gender lock in-game.
    Zarnot7 said:
    Half of the classes are gender-locked according to recent information. Each faction has 2 universal, 1 male, and 1 female class.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Looking forward to this, but still so far away ....

Aeander said:

Zarnot7 said:

Half of the classes are gender-locked according to recent information. Each faction has 2 universal, 1 male, and 1 female class.

Source plz?

Aeander said:

Zarnot7 said:

Source plz?
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/for-honor-builds-an-intimate-battlefield/1100-6442709/

Quoting is rather difficult on a smartphone. It's the 6th paragraph down.

I must say that I'm also unhappy with teams being a mix of factions rather than it being Faction vs. Faction in pvp. I understand that this was done for balance reasons, but here's hoping for a FvF mode for pvp.
  • lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 558
    In the Alpha now (no NDA), can confirm no gender locks. You can play as either gender on any of the classes/characters.
    edited September 2016
    lotrlore said:
    In the Alpha now (no NDA), can confirm no gender locks. You can play as either gender on any of the classes/characters.
    Hope that's the truth. Games media has been wrong before. 

Are you playing on pc? How is the pc port? 

Edit: 
    Looking into their forums, it appears that half of the classes (the ones stated to be gender-locked) are not playable in this closed alpha.
    Post edited by Aeander on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Aeander said:

Aeander said:

Zarnot7 said:

Source plz?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/for-honor-builds-an-intimate-battlefield/1100-6442709/

Quoting is rather difficult on a smartphone. It's the 6th paragraph down.

I must say that I'm also unhappy with teams being a mix of factions rather than it being Faction vs. Faction in pvp. I understand that this was done for balance reasons, but here's hoping for a FvF mode for pvp.

Cheers!