Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lets talk about upcomming INDY mmorpgs.

BahkBahk Member Posts: 259

The chronicle- Looks good alot of new concepts, definitly keeping an eye out on this one

Darkfall- open PVP, total anarchy what more can you ask for? =) but who the hell knows when this will ever be released.

Trials of ascension- been following it for a bit but its hard to get alot of info/screenies from the dev's.

Roma Victor- Nearing a release most likley this will take up my time untill the release of Vanguard, it seems like it will bring somthing new to the table.

Just list away and add your thoughts/intrests on upcomming indy titles for the genre.

Comments

• RiotgirlRiotgirl Member UncommonPosts: 520
    Good idea, Bahk 

I find it ironic that there is post after post of 'What's the next big MMORPG?' when people are presently complaining about the lack of diversity of the current big-hitters!? People need to stop being such damn sheep and sit down and THINK about what they want in a game before subscribing to another NBG [Next Big Thing].

With regards to your list of 4 games, both Darkfall and Roma Victor have had plenty of coverage within the Pub. Darkfall has fallen off the radar because it has been in production for like, forever. I'm quite interested in DF - not purely because of FFA PvP - due to it's features and the Devs plan to implement them. However, the lack of discernible progress means that I cannot get excited about the game until Beta starts (reserve judgement in case DF pulls a Dark & Light).

Roma Victor has been discussed extensively and I was quite interested in the game concepts, particularly the attention to historical detail, as well as players being able to shape the world. The economy and use of RL money to purchase items within the game has put me off. I have the same reservations as Jorak (spelling?), but am interested to see how the Devs pull this off. The revenue model is interesting but I just cannot see it - or other models - competing with subscription based models. Flat rate fees work well for consummers and well for businesses. I'm also a fan of flat rate taxes but that's entirely OT :P

Since this topic is your brain-child, could you elaborate more on The Chronicle and Trials of Ascension, please? I do keep an eye on Games in Development, but need 'herding' ("Baaaaaaaaaa") towards games that might take my interest.

Regards,
    Riotgirl

"If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."