Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Us Mids on Gareth need to organize better!

SlickinfinitSlickinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 1,094
I keep seeing us fellow Mids gettin zerged in BG's and I dont like it! I like Midgard and wanna see us with more of the warmap and ck's.  Yes a few Hib/Alb classes seem OP'd like Animists,Theurgs,Vamps and the exploiting bainshees but they all have counters and weakness that good organization and team work will easily defeat. I ask that guild leaders do all they can to take charge and organize better warplans. Midgard can win if we work together!

{(RIP)} SWG

Comments

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

Originally posted by Slickinfinit 
    Midgard can win if we work together!

Yes you are right.  I hope you get what you want.  A few months ago I login to my cluster and I check the warmap, most of it was blue in all 3 realms.  I was like WTF?  When did Mids start playing this game?  Mid has some great classes I enjoyed playing.  What keeps me away is, I have to start over, and secondly the playerbase on Mid.

Most Mid players I know of on message boards and in RL, tend to me leet 8 vs 8 groups.  They come in and role over people and groups.  They tend not to care much about zergs or siege warfare.  This more than anything else I think keeps players away.

So I hope Mid players will head your call and take arms and kill the Albs. 

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

IMO Zergs are boring. Zergs represent everything that is wrong with RVR. I really really really hate zergs, it takes zero skill to run a zerg. 8 man groups take skill, precision, timing and, above all, teamwork.

A really good 8 man group can take out a small zerg with ease. There have been many times in the past where I've been in an 8 man team and taken out a 3 group zerg. Much bigger and you need 2 8 man teams working in tandem but if you coordinate well doing 8 man teams is much more efficient. The only time you should be running with more than 8 is on a keep assault/defense.

Did I mention that I hate zergs?

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

I am not a fan of zergs either. I wish DAOC could actually have real strategy. But alas given the short amount of time you have to live in RvR and the structure of NF, it is either 8x8 or zerg. Given the choice between the 2 I will take a zerg.

Most of the people I know that like 8x8 would be better off in Guild Wars or a FPS. Not all, but most of people I have met.

I honestly do not see much skill in 8x8 most of the time. Alb group comes in and a minstrall mezzes everyone. Then /assist and then you all start to die. It is all about who gets in the first mez 90% of the time.

I want epic combat on a grand scale with armies and tactics. Sadly, I have not found a game that offers that. But, a zerg comes far better than groups of 8 people running around for no reason except to kill solo/groups in order to get realm points. Just not my cup of tea. I miss the good old days of realm loyalty, cooperation, constant pick up groups, and longer battles (before ToA) in the front. Back when no self respecting Hib would play a filthy Alb ::::35:: Back when it was Hib and Mid complaining about Alb, instead of Mid and Alb complaining about Hib. Back to when I had to walk to and from a keep in 10 foot snow up a hill . . .

• sirlukesirluke Member Posts: 60

yeah , last night was a prime example of how we need to be more organized ,we had real chances of getting the relic back but we failed for the moment ,what im begining to see is that mids dont really care about their realm .

P.S. Grats , Albs for letting us fight the hibs and you getting their relic

• VeustuhVeustuh Member Posts: 45

Originally posted by Elnator

IMO Zergs are boring. Zergs represent everything that is wrong with RVR. I really really really hate zergs, it takes zero skill to run a zerg. 8 man groups take skill, precision, timing and, above all, teamwork.

I thought the underlying purpose of DAoC was RvR which insinuates zergs.  Honestly the 8v8 doesn't really fit in frontiers; however, has become the norm now.  Battlegrounds are a better location for the 8v8 / 2v2 / 1v1 due to map size.  Personally there needs to be more incentives for running zergs, taking keeps/towers along with relics and less focus on the 8v8.

As to the original poster's statement, well this is true for pretty much the entire game.  If more people had realm pride and more were willing to work together rather than in separatist/elitist mindsets than more could be done and all realms would seem much more balanced.

• MaxziusMaxzius Member UncommonPosts: 248

Originally posted by Veustuh

I thought the underlying purpose of DAoC was RvR which insinuates zergs.  Honestly the 8v8 doesn't really fit in frontiers; however, has become the norm now.  Battlegrounds are a better location for the 8v8 / 2v2 / 1v1 due to map size.  Personally there needs to be more incentives for running zergs, taking keeps/towers along with relics and less focus on the 8v8.

As to the original poster's statement, well this is true for pretty much the entire game.  If more people had realm pride and more were willing to work together rather than in separatist/elitist mindsets than more could be done and all realms would seem much more balanced.

Agree fully.  There should be much more incentive for full scale RvR wars and battles.

On the realm pride issue... much has to do with the elitist mindset, but more has to do with the fact that clusters screwed everything up.  Everyone I know has toons on at least 2 realms of every cluster now and it has killed realm pride.

=====================
    -Just My Thoughts-
    Max

Currently playing: Nothing

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by Veustuh

Well that was entertaining.  It totally nuked my reply.
    I'm not in the mood to re-type it so I'll sum up:
    8 man teams does not mean 8vs8.  8 person teams doesn't mean going around ganking solos.  8 person teams WORKING together as a unified force using various tactics in differing situations  is a LOT different from a Zerg. 

Just because it doesn't happen often doesn't mean it can't be (or that it hasn't been).  My guild on Iseult uses multi-group tactics on numerous occasions.  We RARELY Zerg.  On Gareth I'm working with my guild there to get as organized as my guild on Iseult is :)  If we get there we will be devastating in RVR :)  On Iseult our guild alone has taken down relic keeps.  (Granted that was in the past but we could do it today if we still had the numbers we had back then.  There were times when WD (Wolfs Dragoons) back 'in the day' could field 3-5 active groups of 50's all by our lonesome).

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas