Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DayZ's Dean Hall Working on an Unannounced Project - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageDayZ's Dean Hall Working on an Unannounced Project - MMORPG.com News

DayZ's Dean Hall and his RocketWerkz studio has announced that they are hard at work on an "unannounced large scale project" that will feature multiplayer. This is a separate project from Hall's Ion MMO. RocketWerkz is expected to reveal more about the project sometime in early 2017.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Interesting.

There's been very little info released about Ion since it was announced about a year ago. Now they're already starting on a "new project" ?

I guess it's a Dean Hall thing, lol, he seems to be very good at STARTING on new projects... :D
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Sweet! Another project to hype, then abandon. Can't wait. Dean is a space case.

Joined - July 2004

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    There's still people defending the project on the steam page lol.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    They got zombies in DayZ yet? or is that a feature as with all of them thatis 2 years overdo?
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Is it DayZ DLC?

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    DMKano said:
    Sweet! Another project to hype, then abandon. Can't wait. Dean is a space case.
    "Hype, release, disappointment" - this IS the real game, the actual games are just the substrate  ;)
    But it WORKS !

Rocket is a very rich man today (or at least he wants everyone to think so):

"I did the wire transfer for funding the first prototype on my phone. $250K, no contract."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-08-25-dean-halls-improbable-idea

Pffft, $250K, that's not real money, why worry about a contract ? :D
  • LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    I think he's a great guy to have around for conceptual planning, but probably not the dude you want to rely on when looking for a finished product. Hopefully he's learned from his previous mistakes.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    I hope someone else has lead. From the earliest interviews after Bohemia had given him DayZ standalone, much of what he said just set off warning bells. This guy has talent, but I'll believe he's capable of leading a project when I see him deliver one on time to expectations and not a second before.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    When Dayz is ready?
  • TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411
    I wouldn't touch anything this guy made with YOUR 10 foot pole.

Hell, he hasn't finished the LAST MMO he worked on...
  • BaratukBaratuk Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Can't wait not to buy the Early Access Alpha game on steam! Once you buy it it goes into development hell where it will never see a full release.
  • WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638
    Wait, isn't DayZ still in alpha, after about 5 years? How can a one man project continue on if that one man goes onto something else?
  • C.L.O.U.DC.L.O.U.D Member UncommonPosts: 365

expresso said:

They got zombies in DayZ yet? or is that a feature as with all of them thatis 2 years overdo?

zombies have been in the game for a long time. They took them out at one point, but they are back.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    This new project is probably made with whatever was needed to finish DayZ.