Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warcraft Movie DVD Yields Trio of Blizzard Game Goodies

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageWarcraft Movie DVD Yields Trio of Blizzard Game Goodies

World of Warcraft News - Fans of Blizzard games and the Warcraft movie will be pleased to know that the physical DVD edition of the film will come with codes for goodies for three of Blizzard's games: HearthStone, World of Warcraft and Heroes of the Storm.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited September 2016
    Ah, too bad, I was hoping the WoW one would have something for existing users like a pet DVD, or something.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Ghavrigg said:
    Ah, too bad, I was hoping the WoW one would have something for existing users like a pet DVD, or something.
    Me too. :/

Seriously made me go from physical copy to digital download....maybe. For a pet or mount or something, I'd do it but 1) I already have Gul'Dan in HotS; 2) I already subscribe to WoW; and 3) I don't play (or ever plan to play) HearthStone. :(

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    Hated this movie. I tried to like it but it was just awful. 
    I didn't think it was to bad. In fact, it was much better then I thought it was going to be. I figured something along the lines of the Mortal Kombat adaptation.

I was somewhat semi pleasantly surprised.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    "Digital copy of World of Warcraft – Start your own adventure in Azeroth—or ask a friend to join you on your journey. Includes 30 days of game time for new players."
    I enjoyed the movie, not enough to buy it though. Now if the reward here was 30 days gametime for anyone who buys it not just "new players" I would.
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    I agree Blue. Would've been maybe better.
  • azmadazmad Member UncommonPosts: 7

SBFord said:

Ghavrigg said:

Me too. :/

Seriously made me go from physical copy to digital download....maybe. For a pet or mount or something, I'd do it but 1) I already have Gul'Dan in HotS; 2) I already subscribe to WoW; and 3) I don't play (or ever plan to play) HearthStone. :(

Almost the same for me, I already have Medihv and dont play HOTS
  • Ammon777_newAmmon777_new Member UncommonPosts: 306
    I'll wait for it to hit the $5.00 bargain bin at walmart. :)
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    My kids liked it. If they had included a mount or something for existing layers, we would have picked it up at release. Guess now we will wait like Ammon above for it to hit the bargain bin.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ApexTKMApexTKM Member UncommonPosts: 334
    I like the movie besides the casting choice of anduin and I'm not even a warcraft fan to begin with. 8/10
    The acronym MMORPG use to mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

But the acronym MMMORPG now currently means Microscopic Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Kappa.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    So I get a coaster when I buy World of Warcraft now? Awesome!
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I was hoping that the DVD would come with a Garona slave-companion for WoW.
    With iron collar and chains and such...

I would drag her with me everywhere i go and love her forever!
    She would never leave me!!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014
    Well, I liked Kull, Krull, Beastmaster (love beastmaster) and deathstalker 2 (which is high-larious!) so I think I can get some enjoyment out of this.

Sometimes you just have to take things for what they are. This strikes me as a good "staying home on Saturday night" movie.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Well when you look at the crap coming out of hollywood this year, e.g. Batman vs Superman, Captain America Civil War, Deadpool, Suicide Squat, etc. I have to say I enjoyed the Warcraft movie more than most.  At least it had a plot and storyline, can't say as much for those other movies I listed.

Not saying it was a great movie, but far more enjoyable for me than the so called blockbusters.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Medivh is not spelled da right wayz in tha infoz <3
  • DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    edited September 2016

I thought it was pretty good. I don't really understand the hate. It wasn't amazing or anything, the acting was a little stiff and the character development could have used some work; but to say you hated it seems unwarranted.
  • vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    edited September 2016
    Draemos said:

I thought it was pretty good. I don't really understand the hate. It wasn't amazing or anything, the acting was a little stiff and the character development could have used some work; but to say you hated it seems unwarranted.
    It was definitely warranted.  The movie was totally awful.  All the things you mentioned made it awful.  But I would state it this way.

"It was not a good movie at all.  The acting was atrocious.  There was no character development at all.  So, I feel hating it is warranted."

They made some beautiful sceneries, I'll give them that, but other than that, the movie was just bad.

This very thread explains why this movie wasn't good.  Most comments don't even praise the movie, they make excuses for why it was bad, that is not good.
  • vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Ozmodan said:
      At least it had a plot and storyline

You can't possibly say that with a straight face.  :)
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    people still buy movies/music ?:D
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited September 2016
    Very quick release after its limited 7 week cinema run.
    Probably a good thing given how many other 2016 titles will be releasing on DVD in the coming months - when they eventually finish their cinema run!.
    Probably mean it will be on Netflix, Amazon or whatever before the end of the year.
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited September 2016
    fodell54 said:
    I didn't think it was to bad. In fact, it was much better then I thought it was going to be. I figured something along the lines of the Mortal Kombat adaptation.

I was somewhat semi pleasantly surprised.
    I just wished they had made a full CGI movie. Their Cinematics are amazing.
    If there's one thing to take away from this thread, let this be it. I mean, the movie was pretty great, imo, but I think most people wanted it to be like one huge Blizzard cinematic, rather than what we got.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    gervaise1 said:
    Very quick release after its limited 7 week cinema run.
    Probably a good thing given how many other 2016 titles will be releasing on DVD in the coming months - when they eventually finish their cinema run!.
    Probably mean it will be on Netflix, Amazon or whatever before the end of the year.
    That doesn't seem to be a good measure in these times. Star Wars The Force Awakens has been playing on Netflix since July.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/06/24/netflix-canada-july-2016-picks_n_10613600.html

To me the film was your standard fantasy 2/5 star. I was entertained ;)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Why does Canada get Star Wars the Force Awakens and the US doesnt? ><
    Just kidding, I dont care, since I already have it on DVD...