Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it dead?

Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
No-one seems to be talking about it any more and I must admit that since WoW Legions came out, I haven't logged in as I've hit the repetition feeling.

So, is anyone else still playing it and is it worth Hello Games to spend time and money upgrading something that people have moved on from?

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited September 2016
    Well the way I see it...  It's like a "SP campaign" game, you start it and you finish / get bored with it and you're pretty much done.

If NMS had more sandbox to it, Multiplayer and such, it would certainly be something that kept the player base playing and interested.... Without that it depends on the future updates the game may receive. As it is, lacks good ways to keep people playing.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Perhaps for jaded pc gamers but the game is still going strong on consoles. Mmorpg is not what you should base your knowledge on lol. 

It's the 8th most bought game in the Uk last weeks, the game is doing fine and being worked on. 

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited September 2016
    almost 2x the number of people are playing 7 Days to Die right now then NMS and at this time many 7DTD players are not playing because they are waiting for a major update.

same story, waiting for updates and all, same 2x players...Elite Dangerous

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Perhaps for jaded pc gamers but the game is still going strong on consoles. Mmorpg is not what you should base your knowledge on lol. 

It's the 8th most bought game in the Uk last weeks, the game is doing fine and being worked on. 
    In the UK however, only the Console owners are buying the game, its not even remotely near the charts on PC.
    That the game has pretty much flatlined on Steam is a surefire indication that the game is, if not dead, then close to it. :o
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Looks like concurrency (on Steam) has dropped by 97.5% in a month, that's pretty savage. It's also only got a 36% positive review rate so pulling in new players will be much more difficult.

The way I see it, anything they add to the game now will be used as proof of not existing before which will just keep the negativity rolling. HG are between a rock and a hard place, I don't know how they'll ever pull a good proportion of those people back into the game.

• IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443
    Phry said:

In the UK however, only the Console owners are buying the game, its not even remotely near the charts on PC.
    That the game has pretty much flatlined on Steam is a surefire indication that the game is, if not dead, then close to it. :o
    PS4 copys sell for $15-$25 on ebay currently

LOL nothing a month old is selling for $15-$20 (other then NMS)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443
    Looks like concurrency (on Steam) has dropped by 97.5% in a month, that's pretty savage. It's also only got a 36% positive review rate so pulling in new players will be much more difficult.

The way I see it, anything they add to the game now will be used as proof of not existing before which will just keep the negativity rolling. HG are between a rock and a hard place, I don't know how they'll ever pull a good proportion of those people back into the game.

The only thing they can do to save the game, is take all the money they made and invest every penny into a civilization / multiplayer DLC pack (So you and friends can claim planets, galaxies, solar systems ect ect ect, which would cause wars trade, all that stuff that would have kept a pulse on this game for years and years)

I know we will never get that which half of that was promised and civilation could have easily been built off of if the original design for multiplayer wasnt 100% bullshit.

• MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    YES sadly but yes  there are few who still search for portals and how to activate them but I doubt that feature is even in game so F*** NMS I'm backing DUAL UNIVERSE   for me  despite being a huge loyal fan of NMS it is DEAD RIP THE END GAME OVER  
    edited September 2016
    Yep as Savage stated it is, once again, one of the top ten PS4 games sold last week. It has not fallen beyond the top 12 in consoles sales since release. I play it still through GOG so I don't follow the Steam numbers.

Not sure what an online multiplayer game like 7 Days to Die has to do with a single player game like NMS but whatever. *shrug*
    how about Elite Dangerous, old game, people waiting on update, many people (like myself) have a PC version that is not on Steam and yet the current steam player base is 2x that of Steam NMS.

is that any better?

• GrunimGrunim Member UncommonPosts: 172
    I play it a few times a week now, but that's normal for me with a single player game.  Most of my gaming time is still spent on ESO lately.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    YES sadly but yes  there are few who still search for portals and how to activate them but I doubt that feature is even in game so F*** NMS I'm backing DUAL UNIVERSE   for me  despite being a huge loyal fan of NMS it is DEAD RIP THE END GAME OVER  

In case you haven't heard of it, can I recommend a look into Hellion as well http://www.playhellion.com/

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    it is a SP game... it cant "die" in the MMO sense. 

This have been a good conversation

In case you haven't heard of it, can I recommend a look into Hellion as well http://www.playhellion.com/

that looks worth paying attention to. nice.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

SEANMCAD said:
    Yep as Savage stated it is, once again, one of the top ten PS4 games sold last week. It has not fallen beyond the top 12 in consoles sales since release. I play it still through GOG so I don't follow the Steam numbers.

Not sure what an online multiplayer game like 7 Days to Die has to do with a single player game like NMS but whatever. *shrug*
    how about Elite Dangerous, old game, people waiting on update, many people (like myself) have a PC version that is not on Steam and yet the current steam player base is 2x that of Steam NMS.

is that any better?
    I guess. Yet I usually look at single player games and hold other single player games up as comparisons.
    It seems more apples to apples that way.
    Regardless it is doing booming business on the PS4.
    I dont know why that would matter but whatever makes you happy and justified.

regardless 2,000 players on steam a month out on the biggest hype ever is low, no matter what steam game you want to compare it to

• cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    It's dead for me.  Been trying to get my money back but due to a technicality they won;t give it.  I will keep being a pest until they do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited September 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited September 2016
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

is that any better?
    I guess. Yet I usually look at single player games and hold other single player games up as comparisons.

regardless 2,000 players on steam a month out on the biggest hype ever is low, no matter what steam game you want to compare it to

Current Players
    30 day average
    No Mans Sky No Man's Sky 3,400 23,139.5

Not seeing a 2,000 for the month there from Steamcharts.
    http://steamcharts.com/search/?q=No+Man's+Sky

Better than Kerbal though ;)

3,400 at the moment.

I am going to the game and seeing how many people are in it right now, this second in steam. it was 2,000 and something about 30 mins ago.

right now this second NMS has 500 more players then Kerbal. Kerbal, a game that is CONISDERABLY older then NMS and had CONSIDERABLY less hype behind it.

those two factors matter.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited September 2016
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

is that any better?

Current Players
    30 day average
    No Mans Sky No Man's Sky 3,400 23,139.5

Not seeing a 2,000 for the month there from Steamcharts.
    http://steamcharts.com/search/?q=No+Man's+Sky

Better than Kerbal though ;)

3,400 at the moment.

I am going to the game and seeing how many people are in it right now, this second in steam. it was 2,000 and something about 30 mins ago.

right now this second NMS has 500 more players then Kerbal. Kerbal, a game that is CONISDERABLY older then NMS and had CONSIDERABLY less hype behind it.

those two factors matter.
    lol if that makes you happy! Hows Kerbal doing on GOG? What about the PS4?
    you seriously want to debate this? you are just itching for me to find some game like 'Intensive Exposure' to have more active players in NMS while you pretend like hype levels do not factor into this.

ok well here I go, I will find you some data.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

He's not talking about how many copies were sold, but how many were playing it right now since there is kinda no buzz about the game anymore.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    NMS was stillborn.

edited September 2016
    phase 1 of data collection.

At this time on steam here are currentl player numbers:

Farming Simulator 15      players 6,292
    EuroTruck Simulator 2     players 14,255
    Kerbal Space Program    players 2,988
    Space Engineers            players 3,558 
    Elite Dagerous                players 5,777
    Rim World                       players 6,913
    No Mans Sky                   players 3,464 
    H1Z1                               players 2,584

keep in mind all these games are far older than 1 month old and all got about 1/8th as much marketing hype behind them and those two points DO matter

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다