Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playstation Now on the PC

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
Here's the thing I have a bunch of games I bought for the Playstation 3 lying on my coffee table like the Star OceanThe Last Hope , Tales of Xillia and Gracias F , Last of Us, Beyond and Atelier to name a few.

I don't have a PS 4 so I have a PS 3 controller ,I know why don't I just play it on the TV instead of streaming the game at $20 a month (stupid right). The sound on the TV is bad and it is about 11 years old and my husband refuses to change it .You should hear the awful bass moan during Sci Fi shows it makes me sick I never watch the shows with any sounds effects it's totally ruined. I watch everything on my computer so I don't watch television on the TV.

Okay my issue can I use motionjoy with my PS 3 controller like I do with steam and play Last of us and other games on this finagle from Sony. I cannot play with the controller very well but for simple games like FFXIII and such I can .
Chamber of Chains
MrMelGibsonkitarad

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Isn't there anyone who has tried to use the PS3 controller with Playstation Now on the PC. I tried googling but no luck.
    Chamber of Chains
    Never mind my son just suggested something simpler . Just connect my PS 3 to my computer and use the computer sound and monitor. HDMI to HDMI so husband can continue enjoying his awful TV and I shall be able to play all those games yeah without a monthly payment. 
    Phry
    Chamber of Chains
    edited September 2016
    I seem to be the only one responding to this thread . /lol 

Okay update got the video working but no sound. Then after watching several videos on youtube I went to look for the female to female adapter for those older audio cables the one with fluted connectors since my other speakers were old. I did not want to use the current speakers on my computer because I did not want to take out the connections out each time I played.
    Image result for female rca

All the Italian shops have phased these things out. Could not find it anywhere except in one of those Gremlin like Chinese shops ( the ones that look small on the outside but when you go in it is a warren with every kind of thing from fishing lines to beads to connectors [yay!!] ).

Now I have sound and video yippee yai kayai (sp)

Image result for happy emoticon
    Post edited by cheyane on
    Chamber of Chains
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited September 2016
    If your monitor has its own speakers like mine do you should be able to get sound from it with hdmi cable only, you just have to go to audio settings and switch your sound output to monitor instead of pc, and then just switch it back when done gaming w/o having to unhook and rehook stuff.
    But if your monitor is like mine the sound thru it isnt that good. 
    Grats on getting it to work. :)
    No built in speakers unfortunately. Was playing Ni No Kuni  yesterday..... loving it.
    Chamber of Chains
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    what I have never really understood is having a playstation in the house, having the game in question, having played the game on said console that is in said house then getting hyped about the exact same game but that it works on PC

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    SEANMCAD said:
    what I have never really understood is having a playstation in the house, having the game in question, having played the game on said console that is in said house then getting hyped about the exact same game but that it works on PC
    Not everyone with a PC owns a console.
    MrMelGibsonPhry
    Actually I'm always thrilled when I can get a game on the console for the PC because I suck at the analog controller. I find them so sensitive I move widely out of control unlike the WASD . I do find the other buttons easy to reach but the jerky movement caused when I try to move my character is simply not worth it. I never seem to be able to get used to the control no matter how long I practice.

I actually wanted to get Persona 4 for PS3 which is available on the US Playstation store but not in Europe and I found conflicting reports that Sony is restricting the purchase i.e. you will not be able to pay for it. So I gave up but most of all I love all the Japanese CRPG games available on the Playstation and I would dearly love for them to come out on the PC. I really love Japanese games but so many of them are not even translated. I envy my son who speaks both Chinese and Japanese because he does Oriental studies. I would use it for gaming and watching Doramas  ;)
    Chamber of Chains
    SlyLoK said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    however that is not the story I went to great lengths to illustrate and doesnt adddress what I said

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Asheram said:
    If your monitor has its own speakers like mine do you should be able to get sound from it with hdmi cable only, you just have to go to audio settings and switch your sound output to monitor instead of pc, and then just switch it back when done gaming w/o having to unhook and rehook stuff.
    But if your monitor is like mine the sound thru it isnt that good. 
    Grats on getting it to work. :)
    I must admit for years I didn't know my monitors had sound.  When I got them I always hooked it up to a PC sound system.  Also ditto on the congratz, nothing like finding a way to make something work.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

cheyane said:
    Actually I'm always thrilled when I can get a game on the console for the PC because I suck at the analog controller. I find them so sensitive I move widely out of control unlike the WASD . I do find the other buttons easy to reach but the jerky movement caused when I try to move my character is simply not worth it. I never seem to be able to get used to the control no matter how long I practice.

I actually wanted to get Persona 4 for PS3 which is available on the US Playstation store but not in Europe and I found conflicting reports that Sony is restricting the purchase i.e. you will not be able to pay for it. So I gave up but most of all I love all the Japanese CRPG games available on the Playstation and I would dearly love for them to come out on the PC. I really love Japanese games but so many of them are not even translated. I envy my son who speaks both Chinese and Japanese because he does Oriental studies. I would use it for gaming and watching Doramas  ;)
    which is very odd because a common complaint PC gamers have about console ports is that the controls are horrible for PC. I find this hard to understand I am afraid

I think the people who find the controls on console ports to be horrible are comfortable with the controller so they notice it immediately and lament the port. For me however I am always quite grateful for the port I always try to manage and even if at times they are awkward I always forgive it easily . 
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    I think the people who find the controls on console ports to be horrible are comfortable with the controller so they notice it immediately and lament the port. For me however I am always quite grateful for the port I always try to manage and even if at times they are awkward I always forgive it easily . 
    no its the EXACT to the tee opposite of that.

Phry

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    SEANMCAD said:
    cheyane said:

MrMelGibson
    edited September 2016
    Ridelynn said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    cheyane said:

before I even entered seeing you as the last post I said 'I bet he is going to make a rude statement toward me and then leave as always'

so back on topic.
    I often hear PC gamers complain about console ports to PC not taking into consideration the control schemes that PC gamers are used to. I have never seen a PC gamer complain that its harder to play a console game on the PC because they are 'used to a controller'.

Sometimes it makes me think some posts here are paid for, however with such small viewership of these forums I doubt it so it just be for realz
    MrMelGibsonPhry

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    SEANMCAD said:
    SlyLoK said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    however that is not the story I went to great lengths to illustrate and doesnt adddress what I said
    Actually it does since your entire story hinged on everyone having a PC and a Playstation. I just corrected you is all.
    SlyLoK said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SlyLoK said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Actually it does since your entire story hinged on everyone having a PC and a Playstation. I just corrected you is all.
    I am sorry but my statement is in relation to people who have both. Those people do exist and my statement is in reference to them.

I would wager that most if not all in this thread are those very people and I had predicted by the way that someone would try to divert attention from my point because they dont want anyone to know that they have both

• Erinak1Erinak1 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    SEANMCAD said:
    SlyLoK said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SlyLoK said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    I am sorry but my statement is in relation to people who have both. Those people do exist and my statement is in reference to them.

I would wager that most if not all in this thread are those very people and I had predicted by the way that someone would try to divert attention from my point because they dont want anyone to know that they have both
    What does it matter to you if people want to get the game twice? I don't understand your holier than thou attitude so I guess we'll just have to submit to life's mysteries. Sure, people own both but why would people who own both to derail a thread to hide the fact they own both? Wouldn't it be better just to not say anything... /shrug, I suppose I really shouldn't have expected anything else than that from you.
    MrMelGibson
    edited September 2016
    Erinak1 said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SlyLoK said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SlyLoK said:
    SEANMCAD said:

What does it matter to you if people want to get the game twice? I don't understand your holier than thou attitude so I guess we'll just have to submit to life's mysteries. Sure, people own both but why would people who own both to derail a thread to hide the fact they own both? Wouldn't it be better just to not say anything... /shrug, I suppose I really shouldn't have expected anything else than that from you.
    I think you are reading into the 'holier than thou' I am just expressing that I dont understand it.

I do wish however that the industry would spend more time creating new content rather than finding as many ways to rehash old content as possible

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    edited September 2016
    SEANMCAD said:
    Sometimes the PC version has features the original didn't. In the case of a good port, the graphics could be upgraded. For FPS games the prospect of playing them with the precision of a keyboard and mouse instead of a clunky controller is incredibly inviting, because it really does make any FPS game feel fresh and exciting. There's also the chance of PC exclusive content, and in the case of a delayed PC release (like Dragon's Dogma) most if not all of the DLC is included, and there might even be PC exclusive DLC. 

Of course, you also get terrible ports which suck ass, like pretty much any Koei game ever ported to PC. I know that's not really relevant to the question at hand, but it's a nice opportunity to do a PSA and tell people to avoid any and all Koei PC ports. They're buggier than a big bug bugging out on a dune buggy, run like an arthritic 90 year old person on heroin, and get absolutely no post-launch support. So unless you can get one for $10 or something, STAY AWAY. 
    MrMelGibson

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    I have bought and paid for FFVII like... 6 different times now, on several different platforms? I've lost count.

I enjoy it every time. And it's just a little bit different on every platform.
    MrMelGibson
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited September 2016
    SEANMCAD said:
    SlyLoK said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SlyLoK said:
    SEANMCAD said:

I play Dragon's Dogma on my PC yet own it on PS3 as well, the graphics are better, controls are extremely tight with KB+M, plus I get to sit in my gaming room (where my wife and I's PCs are).. Same with Way of the Samurai 3+4 and GTA V.. I just simply prefer gaming on a PC... (if those games were available from the start on PC) I would have never bought the PS3 versions. 
    MrMelGibson

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

edited September 2016
    well sorry to create a ruckus its just hard for me to understand. My stake in all this is that how I see the technology is as one of the most yet untapped technology for imagination and entertainment ever created and I see multiple lifetimes of new and exciting content but it takes decades to move inches because developer will suck as much out of one idea as they possibly can. But to be fair this is why I am driven more toward indie titles, they tend to me more innovative

I will however, retreat

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다