Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Legion - TheHiveLeader's Impressions - Part 1 - World of Warcraft

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft: Legion - TheHiveLeader's Impressions - Part 1 - World of Warcraft

World of Warcraft is back with it's newest expansion, Legion! And now that TheHiveLeader has been spending most of his nights with it, it's time for his impressions! Part Uno.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Good video. Overall seems like a pretty good expansion. Although, I don't like that they have taken away 90% of my buffs, debuffs, CC and general utility. I basically spam a dps rotation now, yuck.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I am having to work at liking this expansion. It's not love at first site, as was, for example Wrath of the Lich King. There is just way too much emphasis on gimmicky things like class halls and artifact weapons, and less emphasis on just letting me play the freakin game.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Best expac since BC
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 914
    Ofc he likes the game..paid by mafia to say good about the gaaaame :p
    Its realy shame they made build so " retardet" sorry for language but that is what it is..cuz kids could not figure out to cast the right skills..I WANT ALL THE SKILLS BACK...EXISTENZ !!!!!

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595

Its realy shame they made build so " retardet" sorry for language but that is what it is..cuz kids could not figure out to cast the right skills..I WANT ALL THE SKILLS BACK...EXISTENZ !!!!!

paid by that mafia...

• BlotieBlotie Member UncommonPosts: 29

Hmmm, Google translate failed on your post. Please try again in English or any other known language. Thanks.
  • heerobyaheerobya Member UncommonPosts: 465
    I'd go as far to say best expansion ever... so far.

The dungeons have been interesting and fun. The lore and story is the best it's ever been. The questing is the best it's ever been. Yeah the classes are pruned, but they are all (FINALLY) distinct and have character and flavor. Order Halls and Artifacts really help with that.

World quests? Best addition to WoW since phasing.

Graphics and animations are the best they've ever been.

So much works. Nothing I have seen thus far doesn't work.

There is so much to do...

Normally, after hitting level cap I'd just be grinding dungeons to get into heroics to get into raids later on. That's literally about the only thing I did in Cata, MoP, and WoD.

Everything else was just kind of 'eh."

That's still on the table of course, but I also have most of Suramar questing to finish, Order Hall quests and missions, Artifact research, tons to do with professions and their quest arcs, world quests, lots of faction to gain...

That's not mention even starting to put Artifact power into an alternate spec.

Oh, and I haven't really touched any of my other level 100 alts... of which I have like 6.
  • Spankster77Spankster77 Member UncommonPosts: 487
    Been playing since end of vanilla and honestly I would say this expansion is my favorite since TBC. And don't get me wrong, this expansion is better than TBC IMO so far, so much more to do, better story, better graphics, etc but TBC was when I really got into the game so it holds a special place in my heart.

If I were just comparing apples to apples Legion is the best expansion so far!
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    People also said WoD was the best expansion they played since TBC/WotLK...which was also within 2 weeks of it being live...well we know how that turned out. The story felt a little more engaging for me in WoD versus this one but I never really cared for the Burning Legion anyway. Gul'dan is cool though when he's around.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

I wonder how much mafia is going to pay to say good about Mafia 3?
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Albatroes said:
    People also said WoD was the best expansion they played since TBC/WotLK...which was also within 2 weeks of it being live...well we know how that turned out. The story felt a little more engaging for me in WoD versus this one but I never really cared for the Burning Legion anyway. Gul'dan is cool though when he's around.
    Fun Fact: I already have more /played time in 2 weeks of Legion than I had in 2 years of WoD.
  • SoarlozerSoarlozer Member UncommonPosts: 61
    I really am tempted to buy this, I loved vanilla and tbc, i never played wotlk, played 1 week of cata, loved mop, lasted a month of wod.

I just think demon hunters, artifacts, and story line seems extremely gimmicky (i thought pandas was dumb but ended up loving that lore and the horde storyline, always hated wod time travel) like what the fuck happened to wrathion? I really hate the "possibilities/stories" that open up by using time travel or alternate dimensions with alternate versions of characters.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    edited September 2016

Albatroes said:

People also said WoD was the best expansion they played since TBC/WotLK...which was also within 2 weeks of it being live...well we know how that turned out.

Cataclysam was the best xpack since BC for a few weeks.

Content was hard. like everybody apparently wanted from wow but players could not even comprehend that hey need to do simple things like interrupt to insure the group would not wipe.

What we are seeing now is the result of the community whining with class pruning, removal of buffs and easier content.... because apparently people are very vocal about hard content and choices.

Edit, Got my xpacks confused.
    Post edited by Nitth on

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• DreycraftDreycraft Member UncommonPosts: 107
    edited September 2016

Soarlozer said:

I really am tempted to buy this, I loved vanilla and tbc, i never played wotlk, played 1 week of cata, loved mop, lasted a month of wod.

I just think demon hunters, artifacts, and story line seems extremely gimmicky (i thought pandas was dumb but ended up loving that lore and the horde storyline, always hated wod time travel) like what the fuck happened to wrathion? I really hate the "possibilities/stories" that open up by using time travel or alternate dimensions with alternate versions of characters.

Demon Hunters are anything but a gimmick, they have been wanted by fans for almost 10 years and they are even more awesome than I imagined they would be. Blizzard captured their spirit PERFECTLY all the way down to the way they ran around in WCIII. Now I can understand why the Artifacts would seem like a gimmick but I disagree, they were planned to be in the game since Vanilla but were never implemented and have always been a mystery what Blizzard was going to do with them. So they decided to try an experimental new system for them which I'm all for that and I'm enjoying them so far. Now if you think the storyline, which has been easily the most epic one yet, is gimmicky, well I think you enjoying this one is a lost cause. Legion is awesome, I know haters keep saying "oh everyone said the same about WoD early on" but this expansion is something special, and I can confidently say that this early on.
  • sporein123sporein123 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    System said:
    World of Warcraft: Legion - TheHiveLeader's Impressions - Part 1 - World of Warcraft

World of Warcraft is back with it's newest expansion, Legion! And now that TheHiveLeader has been spending most of his nights with it, it's time for his impressions! Part Uno.

Read the full story here

@System I really like the leveling difficulty of legion it gives it some challange which is kind of what i look for in games

Information Processing Detail -  =)

Link to My Chat room
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    You don't have to quest in a linear fashion. It's very GW2 where you can just roam around. I like it. It's a nice compromise.

Joined - July 2004