Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Full Release Achieved!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageFull Release Achieved!

Otherland News - Gamigo has announced that Otherland is now in full commercial release after a successful open beta phase. During open beta, players provided feedback to the team to better prepare Otherland for release. To celebrate, a new game entry has been included as well as a redesigned class testing area to assist players in understanding their class mechanics.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Doug_BDoug_B Member UncommonPosts: 153
    going to see what this is about.
    Bachelor's in Web Design and Multimedia
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Full Release Achieved!

In before someone makes a the game was released prematurely joke.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    waynejr2 said:
    Full Release Achieved!

Well sometimes when they get really excited they can't help but be premature.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Iselin said:
    waynejr2 said:
    Full Release Achieved!

Hnng!

Oh look, where did that crappy game come from.
    edited September 2016
    after spending a little over an hour , this game needs a lot of work. The biggest issue is texturing feels straight out of a HL mod from 2002. This makes Anarchy Online look good...

Also noticed they used an effect from another game, if it is found they dismantled a game to build this one they are finished.
    created a male avatar, but playing as female O.o

I feel this is the worst mmo ive ever seen.

In the history of my time playing mmo, ive ever uninstalled a game so fast. How is this passable in the 21st century ?

My verdict : 0/10 
    Post edited by Doug_B on
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    I think your keyboard is dying

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034
    Aeander said:
    Iselin said:
    waynejr2 said:
    Full Release Achieved!

Hnng!

Oh look, where did that crappy game come from.
    What do you mean I have to support it?

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Wow didn't think it was possible to find a game with comparable steam numbers to Landmark.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206
    edited September 2016
    wings wings WINGs everywhere..
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Iselin said:
    waynejr2 said:
    Full Release Achieved!

That's how I feel about early access games. You get'll there, but you're not really satisfied. 

PS. I know nothing of either concepts by first hand... Uh this is just getting worse. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    "succesfull beta" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you mean the beta whereby EVERYONE told them there was no way they could make a game build on top of a shitty engine with shitty graphics and a HORRIBLE combat system would work, and the devs proved them right.
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
    edited September 2016
    The combat was not even laughable. It was disturbing that actual adult men and or women sat around a desk saying "yes, that is it , we nailed it". It is like 1990's rave scene, just take more drugs, the music gets better

Who the Fuck still uses "gibs" ..... for real
  • RubrubgrrRubrubgrr Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Ready for Commercial release!!!??? You have got to be bloody joking right? After forcing myself to play 33 hours since "commercial release" i can honestly say the game is somehow in an even more bug ridden state than it was 12 months ago. The skill desyncs, invisi mobs, loot vanishing, factions not working, mismatched rewards Vs level, pathetically small cred rewards, $ cash items from game purchases missing, empty vendors, broken housing it goes on and on and on.

This was fine when the game was in early release and testing, but in the last 12 months all they have accomplished is a new tutorial (that was not needed lol) and broken the game even further. This has to be one of the biggest jokes on it's own community i have witnessed in quite some time.

The audacity of this piss poor pathetic company to try and hoodwink the gaming community at large that this steaming turd is now in full commercial release? WTF!? These criminals of the industry need to be stopped immediately. They are the puss filled boil on the ass of the gaming community that should be lanced with extreme prejudice. It truly boggles my mind how those that continue to perpetrate scumbaggery of this kind are allowed to do so. Shame on you Gamigo you are a disgrace to your customers and the industry as a whole.
    edited September 2016
    I would say this mmo is
    D.O.A.
    The cherry on top, this is an Unreal Engine game... Unreal 1 >.<
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    This game made my computer monitor start crying and then the tears caused it to short circuit.

Smile

• HytekHytek Member UncommonPosts: 153
    Read the Steam user reviews and realize this game is beyond trash. Don't waste your time downloading such a digital turd.

I have found in my lifetime, that the beauty of hating stupid people is, that it crosses all racial boundaries.