Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soulblight - A Throwback to the Literal Meaning of RPG a Previews at MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageSoulblight - A Throwback to the Literal Meaning of RPG a Previews at MMORPG.com

As I traversed the area around me, I noticed a tick that formed in me, causing my mind to wander. It was no longer about getting out of here alive, I was suddenly more concerned with whether or not I carried an even number of items or not.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    "The developer presents the game as a throwback to the literal meaning of the RPG,". Sounds like marketing bs without sufficient explanation of what they mean by it. Too weasel wordy for my taste.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• EpicJohnsonEpicJohnson Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Just what is the Literal Meaning of RPG?
  • SlivverSlivver Member UncommonPosts: 26

Just what is the Literal Meaning of RPG?

Role Playing Game
  • barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618
    One of the few times (if not only time) I've seen a Greatsword described as "incredibly effective at range". Most descriptions would have said something more like extended reach instead of range, since range is usually reserved for any type of projectile or beam, basically anything out of melee.
    Sorry, but I find it funny. ;)

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    No video,the author does not have a single thing to show us,how can we take this article seriously?
    Answer is we don't.
    I don't want developer videos,i don't want a writer working for the developer either.If someone feels we need an article on said game,then i want to hear from a person that is truly passionate about that game.Examples of those not to consider are those playing 10 different games a week,hopping all over the place ,game to game,you are NOT passionate about said game.
    A person paid to visit developer booths is not someone that can give us true heart felt moments about games.

If someone asked what is wrong with this sight,it is an EASY answer,there is VERY little passion for gaming,most everything comes off as an agenda to make money.You know what friends do or fellow gamer's?They talk about games they truly like or figure worth mentioning to each other,they don't randomly look for some game they don't really care about just because it is possible income.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited September 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    It sounds interesting except for procedural generation. How about instead of making random maps, we go back to making good maps? Crazy idea, I know.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Torval said:
    I'm always a little dubious when a studio makes "one true" claims as if everyone else is doing it wrong and thankfully they're doing it right.

BioWare and swtor comes to mind.