Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forumsoftware Reportthread 31. March 2006

ClaudeFRClaudeFR Member Posts: 376

Hi Folks,

i open this thread for reporting whatever i found out with the new forumsoftware.
Feel free to append:)

Stylesheets for the left Menue are missing, is now is Standradfont (Times) with blue link color

The Button right to "QUOTE" in the threaddisplay template is missing.
I think it was "EDIT" - so it makes sense not to display the button to any1 who isnt
a mod, admin or author of the posting. But to avoid the optical clutter, maybe move the button
to the very left (or right) side of the bar/header.

PMs are not working. A click on the INBOX-folder icon top/right is showing the target URL
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm?load=mail&loadFolder=&setview=
but leads to discussion2.cfm

Cookies are working fine now, also the enhanced editor when posting (was somehow buggy b4 and got stucked).

Thats all so far :)

Claude

Comments

• ClaudeFRClaudeFR Member Posts: 376

#1 (Stylesheets) are qworking now, that was fast ! ::::20::

New:
    Smiley order on the first "page" in the smileybox when replying isnt correct, show the old (boring) smileys.

Claude

• MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758
    Thanks for the updates!  I'll be hammering these issues out tonight and tomorrow so stay tuned!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Thank you very much Meddle.

Here is the order of the smileys and how they should be (the smileybox in the editor).
    It might be not 100%, but close to it:

::::01:: ::::02:: ::::03::
    ::::04:: ::::05:: ::::06::
    ::::07:: ::::08:: ::::39::
    ::::10:: ::::11:: ::::12::
    ::::28:: ::::14:: ::::15::
    ::::16:: ::::18:: ::::20::
    ::::25:: ::::26:: ::::20::
    ::::32:: ::::34:: ::::33::

The codes in order:
    01 02 03
    04 05 06
    07 08 39
    10 11 12
    28 14 15
    16 18 20
    25 26 20
    32 34 33

Its not 100% correct, but i think these are the ones from page-1 b4 forumupgrade.

A wish (coundt find it, sorry if it exists already):
    Topicsubscription management page, where we can see to what topic we are subcribed an where we can unsubcribe from topics.

This list should have the same icons like threads (new postings since your last visit etc) so we can quickly check all topics we replied to.

Thanks again folks !

Claude

Issue:

The postingcounter from "USERINFO" and the counter under the username in postings are out of sync.
    Opening a game's info in a new window from the gamelist results in a cookieerror (the "you have no cookies"-page).

CACHE:
    There should be a pragma:no-cache header on the forumpages, you need to refresh constantly (causing double traffic) cause the pages are cached by most browsers/proxys.

Most pages itself got much of "white spaces" which should be removed.

Claude

Issue:

The button to send a post from the editor is reading "save changes".
    In a reply, it should read "POST REPLY" and when editing it should read "SAVE CHANGES".

Claude

Issue:

Editing a post is eating QUOTE tags.

If you quote some1 and send your post, then edit it again, the quote tags are missing after that (eaten).

Claude

• kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508
    Sorry if you dont want just members to post here but I think I found a problem.

Sometimes when clicking on a specific game forum I get sent to a Stanford Education site.

Kai

Originally posted by kaibigan34
    Sorry if you dont want just members to post here but I think I found a problem.Sometimes when clicking on a specific game forum I get sent to a Stanford Education site.Kai

Hi Mate !

I think you have a hijacker on your system, at least it sounds like this.

Try here:
    AdAWARE by LAVASOFT

This is a spyware etc. removal tool (Persone edition is freeware) and can do the job for you.
    Also search google for "Search&Destroy" spyware removal tool.

Best luck !

Claude

• EromErom Member Posts: 66
    Hello MMORPG.COM!

I'd like to start reading the forums on a more regular basis.  Is there an option where I can mark everything as read ?   There are so many unread messages and  I'd like to be able to  start  from zero.

Very nice, MMORPG !

Almost all done, that is a very nice support !! ::::20::

Thank you guys !

Claude

• phosphorosphosphoros Member Posts: 512

Is it just me or is the forum codes a bit hit or miss? Half the time I hit quote and while the code shows fine, the post will finally show and it'll be fubar.

Otherwise the new forums are nice. ::::08::

• MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758

Originally posted by phosphoros

Is it just me or is the forum codes a bit hit or miss? Half the time I hit quote and while the code shows fine, the post will finally show and it'll be fubar.
    Otherwise the new forums are nice. ::::08::

Can you provide a specific example so that I can recreate the problem?  The quote seems to be fine here.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

When I delete stuff in the editor, the cursour moves backwards as if it's deleting the text but it still shows the text that should have been deleted.  It has actually deleted it, but the editor doesn't update in real time to show that.  Typing again or highlight the text makes it refresh and it then shows the text as it should be.  This is using IE7 Beta 2.

Also, is it possible to have the same amount of emoticons listed on the left as it was before?  Previously, each "style" of emoticon was seperated by the More button, but now that isn't the case.  If you don't have the cursour thing active in the editor and you then click an emoticon it'll place it either in the top left or next to the More button.  This is mostly an issue if you click the More button to find another emoticon and then don't re-click in the editor before selecting the emoticon in the new list.

Originally posted by Meddle

Originally posted by phosphoros
    Otherwise the new forums are nice.
    Can you provide a specific example so that I can recreate the problem?  The quote seems to be fine here.

Quote a posting, send it.
    Edit the posting again and see editor now: Quote tags are gone.

Claude