Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Attitudes?

LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648
I was going to buy into this game a while back, I even had my card ready while reading some forums and seeing some videos. Then I started asking around a bit. My biggest concern that I kept hearing about was the community.

Generally speaking, I'm an antisocial, solo player that likes MMOs for the massiveness, openness and economic models that don't exist in single player games. I also like the challenge of going up against a person instead of a witless AI opponent. I'm definitely not a guildie and rarely play with friends.

From what feedback I got on Albion Online is that guilds rule the server. Massive groups of lots of people pretty much dictating terms for all the other players in the game. Experienced that in Archeage and hated every second of it.

What's more is that people said that the devs pretty much promoted that kind of behavior and attitude from the players. This was a rather massive "red flag" in my book and made me put my credit card back and never buy into the beta.

So, over a year later, I'm back on here now to ask the same question - How is the attitude in this game? I don't just mean the community, but the overall game. Does the game always promote always being in groups, or is it solo friendly? Does the game prevent abusive, overpowered guilds from destroying game play for others, or is it pretty much just a free for all/every man for himself? Do the devs even give damn about any of this and try to find ways/limits around this type of situation?

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Whenever an mmo is pvp focused.  You can bet it's not going to be friendly for solo players (usually).  From the sound of it, I'm guessing you already know this.
  • LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648
    It's not really the community though, it's the developer that causes me concern. Devs shouldn't actively take sides and fight against the players playing their games. But that was exactly the attitude portrayed when I checked up on this game last year; rewarding the elitist, power-gaming, zerg guilds at the expense of everyone else.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    The community is not one of those where you're gonna say they're 'helpful/friendly,' in global chat. honestly.  However, there is a help channel, and the game is geared towards joining a guild and they're helpful.  I got invited into Blueturtles guild, and everyone there is great.

The game is a lot of fun for me.  I'm a crafter type and everything is player made, which I like.  Local banks which I also like.  Housing which actually makes a difference which I like.  It's not a perfect game, but I could recommend it.... minus a large part of the community.

Join us! 

I self identify as a monkey.

• RedsaltRedsalt Member UncommonPosts: 83
    It is a group focused game but you can solo if you want to craft. Just keep global chat not active.   I have not joined a guild yet, I am still in the try it out phase.

If I decide to play long term I will join a guild because that is what the game is designed around.

Redsalt... the other salt.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    sigh .. I got a Founders Pack very early on , and once again tryed this game again becasue of Blues recent enthusiastic posts , But dam i just cant enjoy it , it seems so contrived and generic , stale and lifeless ... 

And honestly i cant understand why anyone would wnat to play Albion when UO already does everything Albion is trying to do , but Much better and has much more to do .....

Maybe UO has spoiled me , but Albion just doesnt grab me at all , Ill wait till release and give it one last try ...
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Scorchien said:
    sigh .. I got a Founders Pack very early on , and once again tryed this game again becasue of Blues recent enthusiastic posts , But dam i just cant enjoy it , it seems so contrived and generic , stale and lifeless ... 

And honestly i cant understand why anyone would wnat to play Albion when UO already does everything Albion is trying to do , but Much better and has much more to do .....

Maybe UO has spoiled me , but Albion just doesnt grab me at all , Ill wait till release and give it one last try ...
    Happens. There are a few games out there which I know are good for a lot of people (based on reviews, forums, etc.)  However, I just can't get hooked.  Kinda pisses me off sometimes because I really, really wanna like it, but it just doesn't click. 

I self identify as a monkey.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited September 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다