Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A First Look at Starfall Prophecy - Rift Previews

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageA First Look at Starfall Prophecy - Rift Previews

Rift’s next big expansion is just weeks away with Starfall Prophecy set to launch this fall. There are no new souls or callings this time, but Starfall Prophecy is probably shaping up to be one of the biggest expansions the game’s yet seen. We met with Julia Adams-Esgrow at PAX West 2016 and got a solid first look at the new zones and systems coming to Telara.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I forgot to mention, too: all purchases come with a boost to 65. Smart move, since even I couldn't make it all the way through Nightmare Tide.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• dasX82dasX82 Member UncommonPosts: 104
    will you be making the trip back to Rift for the expansion?
    NO
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878

dasX82 said:

NO

To be fair, Trion maintained Rift pretty good IMO. Even though Rift team make some mistakes in the past, it is still a great MMORPG to come back to. One of the MMORPG that has trinity done right.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

dasX82 said:

NO

To be fair, Trion maintained Rift pretty good IMO. Even though Rift team make some mistakes in the past, it is still a great MMORPG to come back to. One of the MMORPG that has trinity done right.
    Yeah I really liked the class systems in Rift where you could basically switch to be anything in that specific class Tank, Healer, DPS, it was super cool to me. Does rift still have enough people to play it? I kinda was thinking about trying it again.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    At least one thing is guaranteed by Trion, you can count on there being a sale in December.
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,500

I forgot to mention, too: all purchases come with a boost to 65. Smart move, since even I couldn't make it all the way through Nightmare Tide.

Nightmare Tide was gruesomely grindy just to level. If the boost is for all characters to 65, I might check this out. I managed to finish it with only one. And by "finish it" I don't mean completing all the quest chains in NT -- I just hit level cap and logged off and uninstalled. It was that bad. Trying to run through it again on another character would probably burn me out again so if I can get the option to bypass it, this would be a much more appealing offer.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    SL did me in for Rift. Not going back. I'm enjoying FFXIV atm
  • AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 275
    Have they said anything about crafting yet in Starfall. Right now carfting is the pits since the best items we can make is planer that equals the base T1 raid gear and the new 40 slot bag main item needed to make it is bound on pickup, makes it near impossibal to make.

If crafting stays the same, I am guessing that crafters will have to pack up bags and find a better game for crafting things.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Don't know if I'm going back yet, still thinking it over.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• DaguwanDaguwan Member UncommonPosts: 4
    This game (Rift) was my first MMO :) Ahh..strange..but true. I still have found memories of it ! Seems like years ago !
  • Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 630
    My time has been shared between this and WoW Legion. Just like leveling low levels in Rift. Never a lack of things to kill, rifts, quests. My large guild still shows decent support for the game as well. Not 40 logged in every night like WoW currently but hey.
  • samooryesordsamooryesord Member UncommonPosts: 98
    I could care less about the raids in RIFT. I just want more things to decorate my dimensions with!
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 915
    I has a lvl 60 toon there but i havent bought any exp after nightmre tide..i never forget the lame thing about unlocking earings slots only for that exp pack..what is next ? hair pins slots in starfall ?

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    "Until then, what say you… will you be making the trip back to Rift for the expansion? "

Yes, i only have to quickly fill out a ticket and win the lottery to be able to afford the total package that is required to get everything out of the legendary powers that come with this xpack.

You know, otherwise i would pay full price for Starfall but not get to experience it's full content and miss like half of a major feature.

But i'm sure you are aware of that... because it's not like you get your Trion keys for free, right?

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

dasX82 said:

NO

Yeah I really liked the class systems in Rift where you could basically switch to be anything in that specific class Tank, Healer, DPS, it was super cool to me. Does rift still have enough people to play it? I kinda was thinking about trying it again.

At Max level. oh yeah Rift still have enough people for people to play with, and the expansion will bring the people that want to check it out, and play it for a bit.
  • sniperman248sniperman248 Member UncommonPosts: 38

dasX82 said:

NO

There trinity is far from perfect if you would have ever participated in PvP you would see that there is a large lack of balance when it comes to there trinity. Because i'm sorry but the whole holy trinity needs to be erased from mmos, sorta like gw2 tried to do.
  • xxtriadxxxxtriadxx Member UncommonPosts: 155
    edited September 2016
    Rift, for whatever issues it may have, is a very solid and good game.
    Its one of those you either burn out on or go back to off and on..ie WoW for 99% of you reading this.
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    The only way I would go back to rifts is if the put out a contract to the players swearing to repent for past sins, and promising that we would not be nickel an dimed after shelling out for the box. We all know that's not ever gonna happen in 2 months you;ll have to pay to use looted gear, or wont be able to enter a dungeon with out yer nipple ring slot paid for >.<
  • kergorkergor Member CommonPosts: 1
    The only way I'm returning to RIFT is by them removing the 200$ "features" required to play the game. Most new players are insta turned off when they see price tags on everything required to have a decent game experience. I don't wanna play with 5 other players, that defeats the purpose of the "massively multiplayer" paradigm. And at this point I'd rather buy Legion than an expansion with 2 new dungeons, no new raids and God knows how much more pay2play bullshit
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited September 2016
    Ishkal said:
    The only way I would go back to rifts is if the put out a contract to the players swearing to repent for past sins, and promising that we would not be nickel an dimed after shelling out for the box. We all know that's not ever gonna happen in 2 months you;ll have to pay to use looted gear, or wont be able to enter a dungeon with out yer nipple ring slot paid for >.<
    It's been change again. Now can be unlocked with Void Stone 50K each. It is now better then before, but it was not costly to unlocked in the first place about $25 USD when came out. Only thing the ear slot and planewalker did is limit free players to rush faster to very end game and end up in really hardcore guild.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    edited September 2016
    What i hate about Rift is the nickel and diming. You buy the latest expansion but you still have to pay expansion prices for the soul packs separately. So if you want the newer souls and expansion you better be ready to spend a ton of money. Not including the souls with the latest expansion is just being greedy.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383

My last pay check was $9500 working 12 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can't believe how easy it was once I tried it out. LINK REMOVED

Come on, Trion's monetization isn't THAT bad

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    edited September 2016
    > Earring Slots and Bag Slots for $$$$$$$
    > No separate roles to buy only whole expansive packs of Souls
    > Need to spend $300 to get the complete game is crazy
    > Emtpy servers just a few big guilds left
    > Instant Adventures is the only thing people do together
    > SoulWalk for $$$$$ is unbelievable too

Starfall Prophecy should include everthing released like Guild Wars 2 does it.
    Its just a Expansion for veterans , new players get nothing if they buy it.

Americans and Europeans do not fall for the Asian greed and money milking menatlity.

Overall the whole complete RIFT game with everything included should not cost more than 49.99€ or Dollars.....

[mod edit]
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    hahah that guy posting ads in trion content comment section :D on how to make money to keep up with the p2w

seriously, RIFT was ,maybe still is one of the greatest MMORPG's i've played, so much content, but they slowly but surely tightened up the monetization like Trion usually does, and ppl left due to the preassure, not sure they will ever return.

could had just kept it with gamble boxes and left p2w out of it, now too late to go b2p again, with dated graphics and tab target :/