Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So WoW Legion got minimal 7,2 mil subs atm?!

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

3,9 mil Demon Hunters created means 3,9 pre orders (maybe more, some didnt create it) + 3,3 mil copies on launch day is def 7,2 mil subscribers atm right??

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/content_entry_media/13/13SV41GAI73P1472843419610.png

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160908005460/en/

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Maybe...it's anyone's guess right now.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    So you are saying that only pre-orders can create a demon hunter?  My son pre-ordered and created a demon hunter but that is only one sub.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• prayerlessprayerless Member UncommonPosts: 21
    The 3.3 million sold includes the pre orders so all we know is at least 3.3 million are playing
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Talonsin said:
    So you are saying that only pre-orders can create a demon hunter?  My son pre-ordered and created a demon hunter but that is only one sub.
    Starting on August 10, the Burning Legion’s incursion on Azeroth will get underway, and players who have pre-purchased the expansion will begin creating their first Demon Hunters.

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17612873741

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    The 3.3 million sold includes the pre orders so all we know is at least 3.3 million are playing
    I dont see the inc pre orders ^^ 

• prayerlessprayerless Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Dragnelus said:
    I dont see the inc pre orders ^^ 
    Today, Blizzard announced that players have forged a truly formidable defensive front—as of the expansion’s first full day of launch on August 30, more than 3.3 million copies of Legion had sold
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    3.3 million sold. That's total sold. That would include pre-orders.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Dragnelus said:

3,9 mil Demon Hunters created means 3,9 pre orders (maybe more, some didnt create it) + 3,3 mil copies on launch day is def 7,2 mil subscribers atm right??

As others have said - 3.3M is total sold. 

So maybe your comment should have been: 3.9M Demon Hunters created but - using your assumption of 1DH per account - at least 600k decided they didn't like the experience!
  • linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589
    3.3 million sold assuming everyone that is currently actively playing bought the expansion they'd have about 3.3 - 3.9 mill subs maybe a little over.... 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Probably some people don't like Demon Hunters and just wanted to play the new content with their mains.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Where's the 7.2M coming from? They stopped saying how many subs they had for a while now.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Yay, party for 4 month.. we know how it'll look like then.
    Like with MoP and the movie, it's probably "China to the rescue" again.

But it's still good WoW is still around. Love or hate their oftentimes out of touch and borderline offensive decisions, but it is still a professional studio that releases quality games -which you can't say for most of the mmorpg makers nowadays.

If it wasn't for Blizzard and WoW, many of us wouldn't have a game to fall back to and we would have to deal with Garriots, McQuaids, Smedleys etc. with every title we touch.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Who cares how many play really? All you should look for is if you are having fun with friends and guildies.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• JeleenaJeleena Member UncommonPosts: 172
    edited September 2016
    So 3.3M accounts created 3.9M demon hunters? :p

I know I created more then 1 DH: 1 alliance side and 1 horde side on different servers :)

Having fun with the xpac, not sure how long it lasts but several old friends came back and we do dungeons and worldbosses together. It all seems very very busy and in my old guild we suddenly have more people logged in then in a loooong loooong time...
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited September 2016
    Jeleena said:
    So 3.3M accounts created 3.9M demon hunters? :p

I know I created more then 1 DH: 1 alliance side and 1 horde side on different servers :)

Having fun with the xpac, not sure how long it lasts but several old friends came back and we do dungeons and worldbosses together. It all seems very very busy and in my old guild we suddenly have more people logged in then in a loooong loooong time...
    If the 3.3M sold include the pre-orders and the first day sales, it means less than 3.3M pre-ordered, which means less than 3.3M created 3.9M demon hunters on different servers.
    Not very probable...
    I have indeed created two DHs, on the same server, one alliance and one horde but I have two accounts.

But yeah, whatever, I have great fun with the XPac and the world is crowded, specially Dalaran, since Blizzard didn't repeat the WoD mistake of making the capital of the new land a private phased instance called garrison.
    You have to take that into account. I created more than on DH as well, prepping for launch and I would imagine many others.

This confirms the 3.3m includes pre-orders

"as of the expansion’s first full day of launch on August 30, more than 3.3 million copies of Legion had sold"

http://blizzard.gamespress.com/WoW-Legion-Ignites-Worldwide-Playerbase

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee