Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Backer money hard at work

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Sovrath said:
    That can very well be true. Is that what his assertion is, that backer money should only be used to pay developers?
    But it is true, if the backers pledged the money that sustains the company, the backer money is used for everything, so saying that we pay for the water they flush down the toilets is just accurate.

A bunch of backer money isn't directly going to pay wages, but it goes through the global picture of what it takes to run the company and its studios.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    One would think that a lawyer is involved since you generally don't go to court without one and there are 2 listed for the defendants which would mean they are paying for them somehow or are you suggesting the lawyer is doing it pro-bono?
    Yeah but first the suit wasn't directly against them, and second they had submitted a request for not have to pay the lawyer fees. Being speculative the outcome of that request, so it is speculative that this is costing such "backer money".

Backer money is used for many things, including the water they spend when flushing the toilets at the studio.

You should have a conversation with one of your fellow fans who keep talking about how everything is only interpreted as being literal, would have a field day with you lol

Nope, biggest gripe is people who "literally" have "a billion" of anything. Only thing I can think of that I literally have billions of are skin cells. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited September 2016
    filmoret said:

But if you look there is another company located in the same building or the building next to CIG.  Which would mean this has something to do with a parking lot or outside boundaries.  I don't know of many things same buildings share that would be this kind of dispute.  Even if its same building the air conditioner is separated so it cannot be something like this.  Both CIG and the Investment company hired the contractor to do something.
    They are not located on the same building, nor next to each other.

CIG is located on 12322 Exposition Blvd
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/12322+Exposition+Blvd,+Los+Angeles,+CA+90064/@34.0302129,-118.4561233,18.46z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x80c2bb13dc3fc461:0x541644ddc45bc87c!8m2!3d34.030689!4d-118.4554582?hl=en-GB

Barco Investments Inc is located on 2260 South Centinela Avenue
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/2260+S+Centinela+Ave,+Los+Angeles,+CA+90064/@34.0301717,-118.4561611,19.04z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x80c2bb11577ac37b:0x582c2f3a38d4570d!8m2!3d34.0298308!4d-118.456529

There's a road between those two buildings.

Most likely scenario is that Barco Investments Inc is the landlord for Cloud Imperium Games. Likely Barco Investments Inc as the buildings owner, Cloud Imperium Games as the leaser, and Vanilla Shell Inc as construction consultants were all arranging renovations for CIG's new office and were all sued because something went wrong with that renovation.

Also we have confirmation from CIG that their offices at LA are rented, and that those offices were renovated for them: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12973-LA-Office-Opens
    Post edited by Vrika on

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    CrazKanuk said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    One would think that a lawyer is involved since you generally don't go to court without one and there are 2 listed for the defendants which would mean they are paying for them somehow or are you suggesting the lawyer is doing it pro-bono?
    Yeah but first the suit wasn't directly against them, and second they had submitted a request for not have to pay the lawyer fees. Being speculative the outcome of that request, so it is speculative that this is costing such "backer money".

Backer money is used for many things, including the water they spend when flushing the toilets at the studio.

You should have a conversation with one of your fellow fans who keep talking about how everything is only interpreted as being literal, would have a field day with you lol

Nope, biggest gripe is people who "literally" have "a billion" of anything. Only thing I can think of that I literally have billions of are skin cells. 

don't forget bacteria :pleased:
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited September 2016
    Vrika said:
    filmoret said:

But if you look there is another company located in the same building or the building next to CIG.  Which would mean this has something to do with a parking lot or outside boundaries.  I don't know of many things same buildings share that would be this kind of dispute.  Even if its same building the air conditioner is separated so it cannot be something like this.  Both CIG and the Investment company hired the contractor to do something.

If you look at Google Maps, CIG is on 12322 Exposition Blvd
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/12322+Exposition+Blvd,+Los+Angeles,+CA+90064/@34.0302129,-118.4561233,18.46z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x80c2bb13dc3fc461:0x541644ddc45bc87c!8m2!3d34.030689!4d-118.4554582?hl=en-GB

Meanwhile Barco Investments Inc is located on: 2260 South Centinela Avenue
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/2260+S+Centinela+Ave,+Los+Angeles,+CA+90064/@34.0301717,-118.4561611,19.04z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x80c2bb11577ac37b:0x582c2f3a38d4570d!8m2!3d34.0298308!4d-118.456529

Most likely scenario is that Barco Investments Inc is the landlord for Could Imperium Games. Most likely scenario is that Barco Investments Inc as the buildings owner, Cloud Imperium Games as the leaser, and Vanilla Shell Inc as construction consultants were all arranging renovations for CIG's new office and were all sued because something went wrong with that renovation.

Also we have confirmation from CIG that their offices at LA are rented, and that those offices were renovated for them: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12973-LA-Office-Opens
    I hate to break it to you guys and all that hard work you have done but google maps photos are often very old and sometimes the addresses are not even suggesting the correct building that you see in google maps but to top it off the building is not even there because it was torn down last year.

the latter is common

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Kefo said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

Thanks, now I've got to go wash for literally the billionth time today. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

CrazKanuk said:
    Kefo said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

Thanks, now I've got to go wash for literally the billionth time today. 
    You know washing too much actually promotes infection right? But that's a discussion for another topic lol
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    filmoret said:
    So either the employees are using parking spaces they shouldn't be using.  Or Chris Roberts owns all of those companies.  "Other Real Property Rights"  usually has to do with property boundaries or infringements upon such.   The only way this kind of lawsuit is possible is when the defendants actually own the property in question.  If the companies are owned by separate entities then they could have build a parking lot and did it wrong or something of the likes.
    I think you got it right. A quick look at google maps shows that parking spaces might very well indeed be in limited supply in the area.

So seems like yet another no-real-story-here story.
    SEANMCAD said:
    Vrika said:
    filmoret said:

Most likely scenario is that Barco Investments Inc is the landlord for Could Imperium Games. Most likely scenario is that Barco Investments Inc as the buildings owner, Cloud Imperium Games as the leaser, and Vanilla Shell Inc as construction consultants were all arranging renovations for CIG's new office and were all sued because something went wrong with that renovation.

I hate to break it to you guys and all that hard work you have done but google maps photos are often very old and sometimes the addresses are not even suggesting the correct building that you see in google maps but to top it off the building is not even there because it was torn down last year.

the latter is common
    The building is likely look different now that it's been renovated, but CIG uses the Google map on their own website to point to their offices location

https://www.cloudimperiumgames.com/contact

Also OpenStreetMap points to same location:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/search?query=12322 Exposition Bulevard, Los Angeles#map=19/34.03092/-118.45502

And MapQuest, based on TomTom's data

https://www.mapquest.com/us/ca/los-angeles/90064-1014/12322-exposition-blvd-34.030902,-118.455515

And HERE points to same location

https://wego.here.com/directions/mix//12322-Exposition-Blvd,-Los-Angeles,-CA-90064,-USA:loc-dmVyc2lvbj0xO3RpdGxlPTEyMzIyK0V4cG9zaXRpb24rQmx2ZCUyQytMb3MrQW5nZWxlcyUyQytDQSs5MDA2NCUyQytVU0E7bGFuZz1lbjtsYXQ9MzQuMDMwNzAwNjgzNTkzNzU7bG9uPS0xMTguNDU1MzYwNDEyNTk3NjY7c3RyZWV0PUV4cG9zaXRpb24rQmx2ZDtob3VzZT0xMjMyMjtjaXR5PUxvcytBbmdlbGVzO3Bvc3RhbENvZGU9OTAwNjQ7Y291bnRyeT1VU0E7ZGlzdHJpY3Q9U2F3dGVsbGU7c3RhdGU9Q2FsaWZvcm5pYTtzdGF0ZUNvZGU9Q0E7Y291bnR5PUxvcytBbmdlbGVzO2NhdGVnb3J5SWQ9YnVpbGRpbmc7c291cmNlU3lzdGVtPQ?map=34.0301,-118.45188,15,normal

It's really unlikely that every available map would be wrong about a location in a city as large as Los Angeles

• Doug_BDoug_B Member UncommonPosts: 153
    Kefo said:

Clearly backer money is being spent wisely here on game development. Since we all love to speculate though lets speculate on what CIG is being sued over!
    I notice two things, itis a bunch of companies in a building, being sued by a single contracting company.  Has nothing to do with the game.
    Bachelor's in Web Design and Multimedia
    Vrika said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Vrika said:
    filmoret said:

the latter is common
    The building is likely look different now that it's been renovated, but CIG uses the Google map on their own website to point to their offices location

that does not matter.

as someone who used to live in one of the cities with the most new construction in the country and Austin being on that list as well I am telling you there are plenty of website that have addresses that point to a location that shows a picture of a building that is no longer there.

In fact, my health clinic on their site and on google still has the wrong location and that is not even taking into consideration new construction.

for detailed inspection like you guys are doing using google map photos is not a good source.

SEANMCAD said:
    Vrika said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Vrika said:
    filmoret said:

the latter is common

that does not matter.

as someone who used to live in one of the cities with the most new construction in the country and Austin being on that list as well I am telling you there are plenty of website that have addresses that point to a location that shows a picture of a building that is no longer there.

In fact, my health clinic on their site and on google still has the wrong location and that is not even taking into consideration new construction.

for detailed inspection like you guys are doing using google map photos is not a good source.

I'm not using the ***** google map photos.

I'm using the maps to prove that there's a frigging road between CIG and Barco Investments. New constructions do not normally change location of an address to next city block, nor do they cut the roads. Assuming that would have happened now is too far fetched.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Doug_B said:
    Kefo said:

Clearly backer money is being spent wisely here on game development. Since we all love to speculate though lets speculate on what CIG is being sued over!
    I notice two things, itis a bunch of companies in a building, being sued by a single contracting company.  Has nothing to do with the game.
    Exactly because if CIG loses the case and has to pay lets say 100k then I guess that will come from somewhere out of the money tree that has nothing to do with the game development.  Good thinking there.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    edited September 2016
    Vrika said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Vrika said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Vrika said:
    filmoret said:

the latter is common

that does not matter.

I'm not using the ***** google map photos.

I'm using the maps to prove that there's a frigging road between CIG and Barco Investments. New constructions do not normally change location of an address to next city block, nor do they cut the roads. Assuming that would have happened now is too far fetched.
    fair enough and your right usually roads dont change.

Buildings however often do, as well as it not being uncommon for addresses to be incorrect.
    My clinic still shows on google maps as being at the wrong address when it fact the clinic is actually in a different location completely and that location in google maps shows an empty field but in fact there is a building there and its all linked from the clinics website and I have told them about this twice and its still wrong

so I am just saying....be wary.

thanks

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    You know when Star Citizen finally comes out it will be a disappointment to the people who start these threads and spend each day looking for dirt on the game and its developers. 

kitarad said:
    You know when Star Citizen finally comes out it will be a disappointment to the people who start these threads and spend each day looking for dirt on the game and its developers. 
    Really? Cause I've said I would congratulate the devs on releasing the game (assuming it's good, I'll let reviews speak) and wish everyone a good time in SC. Let's just generalize everyone though cause it's easier then accepting people might just be critics but are also man enough to admit when they are wrong.
  • BalmongBalmong Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Acterius said:
    Anyone know when next free weekend may happen?

Also thanks for answers guys. 
    Probably around CitCon next month.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    now people arguing about maps....

I live 30 minutes from there if I cared enough I could drive down, take some pics and post them. But I dont care enough and people would find was to question them anyway.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Erillion said:
    It's a contractor company vs a construction company. That's the main title of the case. CIG are listed as a defendant probably because they hired the construction company.

Note that title of the case:
    D AND M GENERAL CONTRACTOR, INC. VS VANILLA SHELL, INC. ET.

No one has sued CIG. And certainly not because of anything related to Star Citizen the game.

Have fun

But your taking all the fun out of this hate bait thread....   There is still so much speculation to be had!
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    rodarin said:
    now people arguing about maps....

I live 30 minutes from there if I cared enough I could drive down, take some pics and post them. But I dont care enough and people would find was to question them anyway.
    If your pictures do not show Ben Lesnik farting, I would question them. 

=)
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I was expecting a pic of some top executive's new Jaguar......
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I was expecting a pic of some top executive's new Jaguar......
    Jaguars are pretty mediocre these days. More of a "the wife's car"

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

goboygo said:
    Erillion said:
    It's a contractor company vs a construction company. That's the main title of the case. CIG are listed as a defendant probably because they hired the construction company.

Note that title of the case:
    D AND M GENERAL CONTRACTOR, INC. VS VANILLA SHELL, INC. ET.

No one has sued CIG. And certainly not because of anything related to Star Citizen the game.

Have fun

But your taking all the fun out of this hate bait thread....   There is still so much speculation to be had!
    Lol hate bait. Oh you fans and thinking you don't spew more vitriol then we do
  • Axllow18Axllow18 Member UncommonPosts: 400
    Kefo said:
    goboygo said:
    Erillion said:

Lol hate bait. Oh you fans and thinking you don't spew more vitriol then we do
    No both sides of this weird little forum jihad are quite full of toxic shit; it's just both of you seem to think your vitriolic bullshit is RIGHT.

What really amazes me is how many law professors frequent the Star Citizen forums on this site.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    filmoret said:
    filmoret said:
    Ok sorry it is not the same building but appears they might share a parking lot.  Image of the parking lot.  The brick building to the far right is the Investment building.  The white building on the far left is CIG's office.

The only thing they have in common is this parking lot.  It has something to do with this.  Maybe they got it paved or remodeled somehow.
    So why would the people in the right building and the people on the left building hire a contractor together for a job?  There is only one reason and that is the parking lot in the middle.  This is the backside of both buildings btw it is not the storefront.  Unless somehow that building in the middle behind the parking lot is the plaintiff.  Which it could be one of their offices and then it would be something to do with how people are parking and probably some property damage.
    Are you onto something or just on something?