Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hero's Song - An Ambitious Old School MMORPG, Playable this November - General Previews

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageHero's Song - An Ambitious Old School MMORPG, Playable this November - General Previews

While its Kickstarter didn’t pan out, Hero’s Song from PixelMage Games secured funding elsewhere, and during PAX West 2016, I had the chance to see the game in action for myself. From the creation of the worlds you host on your PC to the hunting and adventuring in the world we just created right there from scratch on John Smedley’s gaming laptop.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• toolaktoolak Member UncommonPosts: 154
    edited September 2016
    Every part of this game sounds awesome with the exception of John Smedley. WE will never forget April and Nov 2005, and WE will never forgive you Smedley. Still so hacked I put the wrong year. And it's not just SWG everything the man gets involved with gets either 1/2 done, ruined or dropped.
    Post edited by toolak on
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Wow this looks amazing...but what Smed !?!?!

By the way it seems the game is 15$ on Indiegogo

I am getting it...Smed or no Smed

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    toolak said:
    Every part of this game sounds awesome with the exception of John Smedley. WE will never forget April and Nov 2015, and WE will never forgive you Smedley.

Get a fucking grip, did smed do your wife or girlfriend lol. 

Fucking over the top with this "we will never forgive or forget" lol. 

Ill play it and ive been playing Smeds games since 99.

Since when dk you speak for everyone else. 

• freakkyfreakky Member UncommonPosts: 113

toolak said:

Every part of this game sounds awesome with the exception of John Smedley. WE will never forget April and Nov 2015, and WE will never forgive you Smedley.

Cause you are so not over the top. I have no love for Smedly or his ego.
    Good lucks and have fun. 
  • Krynt0kKrynt0k Member UncommonPosts: 256
    edited September 2016

freakky said:

toolak said:

I know I won't ever forgive him. Not sure what happened on November 2015 maybe EQN got canned? I'm referring to November 2005 when they screwed people who spent 3 years playing SWG. 1 week after launching a new expansion. Who does that? Haven't touched a SoE/Daybreak game since. Smh. PS the only other game I spent 3 years in got the same treatment which was Darkfall. I guess I just know how to choose them.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    As a person who was upset for many years by the whole SWG thing, i've let it go with Smedley. No reason to hold anger, especially when it probably wasn't his fault for the most part. Regardless, this looks like a game i'd be interested in, so i'll check it out. 
  • GaeluianGaeluian Member UncommonPosts: 114
    It's 2016, not 1995. This game already looks dated. You know, you can either make a good game or a bad game. This looks bad.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    edited September 2016
    Not concerned with the graphics nearly as much as gameplay. Thats the problem though, if there is one thing Smedley has proven to us over the last 10+ years its that he is willing to sacrifice anything in favor of convenience and popularity. I see him as just as responsible for the plague that has run rampant in the mmo industry as WoW ever was, because compromising gameplay and immersion in favor of streamlining and accessibility started under him with EQ.
    Post edited by Dullahan on

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    freakky said:

toolak said:

You have no love for smed lol, why would you love him anyway. 

Strange. 

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Has the combat changed since the original Kickstarter? In the kickstarter video it looked like combat was going to be more action combat, like the original Zelda where you swung your sword the direction your character was facing.

In the new indiegogo video, however, it looks like combat is simply click on the enemy to attack?
    --------------------------------------------
  • SevalaSevala Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Anyone else notice a striking similarity to RO here? I looked at the images before reading the title and thought it was RO... Even the sprite assets? Also....Smedly...bleh...

~I am Many~

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Backed! I have been waiting for a game like this. I love sandboxes and the ability to play with family and friends on our own server. Awesome!

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    edited September 2016
    Who cares about JS? This looks pretty cool and has some DF elements. Price seems fair.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Since I'm not a bitter vet from SWG I have no problems with Smedley after all he gave me Everquest and Everquest II

Well I got it too. 15$ sounds like fair price for what they are offering.

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    toolak said:
    WE will never forget April and Nov 2015, and WE will never forgive you Smedley.
    I dream of the day that my life is so wonderful that something a video game developer says can kick me into "never forgive, never forget" mode. 
    -- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Gaeluian said:
    It's 2016, not 1995. This game already looks dated. You know, you can either make a good game or a bad game. This looks bad.

Did you miss the part where they are making a retro MMORPG on purpose? Being "dated" is the point. 
  • GroundlessGroundless Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Wait a minute - so Bill Murphy, John Smedly, and Bill Trost are sitting around a laptop playing a game together? @BillMurphy you have got to tell us more about this meeting!
  • Krynt0kKrynt0k Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Maybe it wasn't smedley fault but he is the one who was diego est about the entire process and played forum Nazi. Besides all that because I dont wanna sound like a bitter bet (I don't even have time to play say anymore like I used too) I will be checking it out. The price is right.
  • epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    smed sucks yeah, but come on.  people were shitting all over brad mcquaid too until the last 6-9 months of pantheon updates and now people are back on the mcquaid train.  1 guy doesn't make or break everything, it's a team effort.  the game looks cool, if it's not a total microtransaction shitfest i'm in.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Smed and early access, not touching it until full release.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • KahrekKahrek Member UncommonPosts: 68
    toolak said:

For the record, in my opinion John Smedley is the Ron Jeremy of MMOs... He fucked everybody and everybody watched! But that is just my personal opinion.

Cheers,
  • bennylongbennylong Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Oh jokes. Another smedley productions.