Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Backer money hard at work

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited September 2016
    CrazKanuk said:
    Agreed, I'll reserve my white knighting for real lawsuits. This is just meh. Shocker, someone in the US sued someone. 
    Yeah this is just some dispute going on with something related on the construction of the LA studio.

How i understand this works (normally) is CIG would hired the constructor, the constructor hires the contractors. That's why the contractor is suing the constructor, for whatever reason.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    CrazKanuk said:
    Talonsin said:
    Every time someone at CIG farts, the extreme fans post it and everytime someone smells the fart, the extreme haters post it.

Agreed, I'll reserve my white knighting for real lawsuits. This is just meh. Shocker, someone in the US sued someone. 
    Agreed, but it would be hilarious if this turned out to be about the (allegedly)$20,000 door and an argument over the final cost.
    Agreed, but we are not close to that yet.  At this point all we know is someone farted and that maybe someone at CIG smelled it.  When we have more information and can factually say that Ben Lesnik was the one who farted and it gagged a person walking by who is now suing CIG because the smell was so horrid that they passed out and hit their head on the sidewalk which caused brain damage, THEN we have a story.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    The OP has way..................  too much time on his hands

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    laserit said:

I do?
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    MaxBacon said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Yeah this is just some dispute going on with something related on the construction of the LA studio.

How i understand this works (normally) is CIG would hired the constructor, the constructor hires the contractors. That's why the contractor is suing the constructor, for whatever reason.
    But if you look there is another company located in the same building or the building next to CIG.  Which would mean this has something to do with a parking lot or outside boundaries.  I don't know of many things same buildings share that would be this kind of dispute.  Even if its same building the air conditioner is separated so it cannot be something like this.  Both CIG and the Investment company hired the contractor to do something.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    filmoret said:
    MaxBacon said:
    CrazKanuk said:

But if you look there is another company located in the same building or the building next to CIG.  Which would mean this has something to do with a parking lot or outside boundaries.  I don't know of many things same buildings share that would be this kind of dispute.  Even if its same building the air conditioner is separated so it cannot be something like this.  Both CIG and the Investment company hired the contractor to do something.
    Which would also mean that CIG owns the building.  Because you cannot do that kind of work without actually owning the building.  Could also be the roof but that would require it to be the same building.
    LOL Ok sorry I couldn't resist but this is the CIG office from the outside in LA

And this is the other defendant's building

Now to figure out how they are related.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    filmoret said:
    LOL Ok sorry I couldn't resist but this is the CIG office from the outside in LA

And this is the other defendant's building

Now to figure out how they are related.

odd question. both those pictures could extreemly easily be the same building or could easily not be.

building has more than one side and all. are the forks obstructing the view or more likely am I just not understanding this conversation?

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

filmoret said:
    Which would also mean that CIG owns the building.  Because you cannot do that kind of work without actually owning the building.  Could also be the roof but that would require it to be the same building.
    I don't think CIG owns the building at all. The new LA office as the last one is most likely rented.

So permission to do that kind of work, comes in agreements.
    MaxBacon said:
    filmoret said:
    I don't think CIG owns the building at all. The new LA office as the last one is most likely rented.

You can't have work done in a building you are renting that would involve other tenants.  It would only involve yourself.  IT is the same building google maps you can drive around the corner to see CIG office.
    Kefo said:
    laserit said:

I do?
    IMHO.... you do

Just how petty are we going to get?

I wonder if CIG is using 2-ply bum wad instead of single ply.

laserit said:
    Kefo said:
    laserit said:

I do?
    IMHO.... you do

I beg to differ on how much time I have on my hands, which renders your opinion wrong lol.

I don't really care if CIG uses 2 ply or a bidet but a lawsuit where they are named a defendant seems like something worth talking about wouldn't you think?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    filmoret said:
    MaxBacon said:
    filmoret said:

You can't have work done in a building you are renting that would involve other tenants.  It would only involve yourself.  IT is the same building google maps you can drive around the corner to see CIG office.
    Actually you can. We rent, have the entire 3rd floor where we will be doing an extensive remodel (architect just came in today), and just rented a bit on the 2nd floor and completely remodeled.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Ok sorry it is not the same building but appears they might share a parking lot.  Image of the parking lot.  The brick building to the far right is the Investment building.  The white building on the far left is CIG's office.

edited September 2016
    Sovrath said:
    filmoret said:
    MaxBacon said:
    filmoret said:

Actually you can. We rent, have the entire 3rd floor where we will be doing an extensive remodel (architect just came in today), and just rented a bit on the 2nd floor and completely remodeled.

Yes but you cannot do something that would require two different offices to pay for it.  You cannot do anything like parking lot , roofing, or air conditioner stuff.  This thing that they are dealing with is something only the owner of the building can do.
    Kefo said:
    I don't really care if CIG uses 2 ply or a bidet but a lawsuit where they are named a defendant seems like something worth talking about wouldn't you think?
    Just created to claim that backer money is being spent wisely when even that is speculative on claiming that they are having any costs from being mentioned on the mentioned case? Yeah...

If this had anything to do with the game and its development at all, then sure.
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    Just created to claim that backer money is being spent wisely when even that is speculative on claiming that they are having any costs from being mentioned on the mentioned case? Yeah...

If this had anything to do with the game and its development at all, then sure.

One would think that a lawyer is involved since you generally don't go to court without one and there are 2 listed for the defendants which would mean they are paying for them somehow or are you suggesting the lawyer is doing it pro-bono?
    filmoret said:
    Ok sorry it is not the same building but appears they might share a parking lot.  Image of the parking lot.  The brick building to the far right is the Investment building.  The white building on the far left is CIG's office.

The only thing they have in common is this parking lot.  It has something to do with this.  Maybe they got it paved or remodeled somehow.
    edited September 2016
    filmoret said:
    Sovrath said:
    filmoret said:
    MaxBacon said:
    filmoret said:

Yes but you cannot do something that would require two different offices to pay for it.  You cannot do anything like parking lot , roofing, or air conditioner stuff.  This thing that they are dealing with is something only the owner of the building can do.
    Well, again, that depends. For instance we have our own generators on the roof. It is also possible to put one's own cooling system for a server room.

Roofing? Probably not. Parking lot? You could rent your own parking lot and have it repaved and the lots re-painted if the building's guys/company was too much.

For example, we sometimes use the locksmith for the building and sometimes use our own. It really depends upon what is in your rent agreement.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Kefo said:
    laserit said:
    Kefo said:
    laserit said:

I do?
    IMHO.... you do

I beg to differ on how much time I have on my hands, which renders your opinion wrong lol.

Have the particulars do you?

Looks like a billing dispute to me. I'll take a stab at it and and say the job probably wasn't done to somebodies satisfaction.

Maybe we should get Judge Judy involved

Kefo said:
    One would think that a lawyer is involved since you generally don't go to court without one and there are 2 listed for the defendants which would mean they are paying for them somehow or are you suggesting the lawyer is doing it pro-bono?
    Yeah but first the suit wasn't directly against them, and second they had submitted a request for not have to pay the lawyer fees. Being speculative the outcome of that request, so it is speculative that this is costing such "backer money".

Backer money is used for many things, including the water they spend when flushing the toilets at the studio.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Erillion said:
    filmoret said:
    Looks like something wasn't paid for.  So the contractor sued the person who hired them.  Who in turn brings the rest into the picture because they need to figure out who didn't pay and who is to blame for the situation.  Anyone feel like calling them and asking why they are sueing?  
    Or the quality of the work done was sub-par and part of the payment was withheld until the shortcomings have been corrected.

Have fun
    The irony of that statement is priceless. Too bad it didnt work that way with donations....
    MaxBacon said:

Backer money is used for many things, including the water they spend when flushing the toilets at the studio.
    That can very well be true. Is that what his assertion is, that backer money should only be used to pay developers?

laserit said:
    Kefo said:
    laserit said:
    Kefo said:
    laserit said:

I do?
    IMHO.... you do

Have the particulars do you?

Looks like a billing dispute to me. I'll take a stab at it and and say the job probably wasn't done to somebodies satisfaction.

Maybe we should get Judge Judy involved

lol Judge Judy would just be yelling at the both of them and how stupid everyone is, it would be priceless.

I don't have the particulars of the lawsuit but the contracting company is a general contractor and also does HVAC stuff so I would say building dispute where something wasn't paid for, or like you said wasn't done to someones satisfaction.
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    Yeah but first the suit wasn't directly against them, and second they had submitted a request for not have to pay the lawyer fees. Being speculative the outcome of that request, so it is speculative that this is costing such "backer money".

You should have a conversation with one of your fellow fans who keep talking about how everything is only interpreted as being literal, would have a field day with you lol