Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Backer money hard at work

KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
edited September 2016 in Star Citizen

Clearly backer money is being spent wisely here on game development. Since we all love to speculate though lets speculate on what CIG is being sued over!

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Source for that document?

It's clearly a webpage, so why didn't you link the webpage for us?

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    https://t.co/ZMPlmPTtTO

is where its saved at the moment. Not sure where Nick Monroe got it from but that's all that's in the imgur link.

Now to wait for certain individuals to descend and dismiss this because Nick posted it lol
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    A claim without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Without a link to a public document this is unsubstantiated. Critical as I am  of the whole Star Citizen thing this should be ignored unless it can be substantiated.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    It's a contractor company vs a construction company. That's the main title of the case. CIG are listed as a defendant probably because they hired the construction company.

Note that title of the case:
    D AND M GENERAL CONTRACTOR, INC. VS VANILLA SHELL, INC. ET.

No one has sued CIG. And certainly not because of anything related to Star Citizen the game.

Have fun

Without a link to a public document this is unsubstantiated. Critical as I am  of the whole Star Citizen thing this should be ignored unless it can be substantiated.
    I don't think anyone would bother faking this.

D & M Contractors Inc looks like it's a business that does heating and cooling systems for buildings. I don't think anyone would bother faking legal trouble with something that irrelevant to game development.

edited September 2016
    Erillion said:
    It's a contractor company vs a construction company. That's the main title of the case. CIG are listed as a defendant probably because they hired the construction company.

Note that title of the case:

No one has sued CIG. And certainly not because of anything related to Star Citizen the game.

Have fun

It looks like Vanilla Shell Inc are construction consultants.
      Source: http://www.manta.com/c/mmjkry0/vanilla-shell-inc

If there's some trouble with what they have done, that's likely to cost whatever company hired them.

But I think Clould Imperium Games are only renting their offices in there
     Source: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12973-LA-Office-Opens

If Clould Imperium Games is only renting it, then it's possible that the owner of that building hired them and would have to pay the costs.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Nobody is suing CIG... well, not yet anyway. The second line after the page header clearly states both the primary plaintiff and defendant, and neither one is CIG. This is of course assuming that Vanilla Shell Inc. ET. isn't just another name for CIG, but that's highly unlikely. 

If you wish to cast doubt on the integrity of CIG, try to find something concrete to do it with. God only knows there's enough material out there to support quite a few accusations. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    The case seems to be over a Lis Pendens filing.

Go figure...
    Vrika said:

D & M Contractors Inc looks like it's a business that does heating and cooling systems for buildings. I don't think anyone would bother faking legal trouble with something that irrelevant to game development.
    Not to push this too far but the source document could be for a legal action between D AND M GENERAL CONTRACTOR, INC. and VANILLA SHELL, INC. ET.  which has been subsequently edited to include CIG as co defendants.  Without the source document to compare we cannot be certain. Certain things about the ordering of defendants and the listing of events seem to me to be a little off, not enough to say it has been faked but enough to make me doubt the document.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    So either the employees are using parking spaces they shouldn't be using.  Or Chris Roberts owns all of those companies.  "Other Real Property Rights"  usually has to do with property boundaries or infringements upon such.   The only way this kind of lawsuit is possible is when the defendants actually own the property in question.  If the companies are owned by separate entities then they could have build a parking lot and did it wrong or something of the likes.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited September 2016
    I have no idea why do you claim CIG is the one being sued, understanding the little info that document provides, this seems to be that construction company, Vanilla, vs the contractor. On witch CIG is on the middle of.

Check it here: http://www.lacourt.org/casesummary/ui/casesummary.aspx?

Ok here's the contractor.
    http://www.kudzu.com/m/D-M-General-ContractorsInc.-20492543

And here's CIG
    https://cloudimperiumgames.com/contact

Here is the other defendant
    http://www.manta.com/c/mbnj8yp/barco-investments-inc

The contractor is about 1.5 hours away from CIG which is located right next to Barco Investments.  So they probably paid the contractor for something or didn't pay the contractor.  Unless the contractor owns a building next to them and they are having issues with boundaries.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    hmm
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited September 2016
    The case title says it all really how much this is not about CIG: 

CIG seems caught in the crossfire, named in a lawsuit because they reside in an office where the work was done by D&M for Vanilla Shell (for them? the office space may be rented)
    edited September 2016
    Vrika said:

Not to push this too far but the source document could be for a legal action between D AND M GENERAL CONTRACTOR, INC. and VANILLA SHELL, INC. ET.  which has been subsequently edited to include CIG as co defendants.  Without the source document to compare we cannot be certain. Certain things about the ordering of defendants and the listing of events seem to me to be a little off, not enough to say it has been faked but enough to make me doubt the document.
    I found the document's original source. It's real.

EDIT: I can't link to the document directly, but it's available from:
     http://www.lacourt.org/casesummary/ui/
    If you search for case: 
     sc125021

Interesting detail i found in @Vrika's link   ..... Court was in support of CIG not having to pay attorney fees.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

07/08/2016 Reply (IN SUPPORT OF DEFTS. CLOUD IMPERIUM GAMES CORPORATION CLOUD IMPERIUM GAMES, LLC & BARCO INVESTMENTS, INC'S DEMURRER TO PLTF'S 1ST AMENDED COMPL/ )
    Filed by Attorney for Defendant

07/08/2016 Reply (IN SUPPORT OF DEFTS. CLOUD IMPERIUM GAMES CORPORATION, CLOUD IMPERIUM GAMES,LLC & BARCO INVESTMENTS, INC'S MOTION TO STRIKE REQUEST FOR ATTORNEY FEES IN PLTF'S 1ST AMENDED COMPLT.)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Have fun
    Looks like something wasn't paid for.  So the contractor sued the person who hired them.  Who in turn brings the rest into the picture because they need to figure out who didn't pay and who is to blame for the situation.  Anyone feel like calling them and asking why they are sueing?  
    filmoret said:
    Looks like something wasn't paid for.  So the contractor sued the person who hired them.  Who in turn brings the rest into the picture because they need to figure out who didn't pay and who is to blame for the situation.  Anyone feel like calling them and asking why they are sueing?  
    Or the quality of the work done was sub-par and part of the payment was withheld until the shortcomings have been corrected.

Have fun
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Every time someone at CIG farts, the extreme fans post it and everytime someone smells the fart, the extreme haters post it.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Erillion said:

Interesting detail i found in @Vrika's link   ..... Court was in support of CIG not having to pay attorney fees.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

07/08/2016 Reply (IN SUPPORT OF DEFTS. CLOUD IMPERIUM GAMES CORPORATION CLOUD IMPERIUM GAMES, LLC & BARCO INVESTMENTS, INC'S DEMURRER TO PLTF'S 1ST AMENDED COMPL/ )

07/08/2016 Reply (IN SUPPORT OF DEFTS. CLOUD IMPERIUM GAMES CORPORATION, CLOUD IMPERIUM GAMES,LLC & BARCO INVESTMENTS, INC'S MOTION TO STRIKE REQUEST FOR ATTORNEY FEES IN PLTF'S 1ST AMENDED COMPLT.)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Have fun
    A motion by the defendant is a request by their attorney to the court.  It doesn't say if such a request was granted by the court only asked for by the defendant.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

edited September 2016
    Thanks maxbacon for finding that lacourt link, then vrika after ;) I was damn tired and didn't feel like searching myself
    Talonsin said:
    Every time someone at CIG farts, the extreme fans post it and everytime someone smells the fart, the extreme haters post it.
    Hey now! I'm not an extreme hater, more of a why did you just punch me you asshole kinda hater :awesome:
    edited September 2016
    Talonsin said:
    I guess I am one of the extreme haters, but rather than act as you so pungently describe, I was urging caution until the document was verified and now that it has been verified (thanks @MaxBacon and @Vrika) I think we should wait until someone actually determines what the matter is about before going off half cocked. It involves real property but that tells us very little.

But I suppose that is irrelevant to your narrative.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Talonsin said:

Agreed, I'll reserve my white knighting for real lawsuits. This is just meh. Shocker, someone in the US sued someone. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

CrazKanuk said:
    Talonsin said:

Agreed, I'll reserve my white knighting for real lawsuits. This is just meh. Shocker, someone in the US sued someone. 
    Agreed, but it would be hilarious if this turned out to be about the (allegedly)$20,000 door and an argument over the final cost.