Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Webzen to Shutter Game in Mid-October

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageWebzen to Shutter Game in Mid-October

ELOA: Elite Lord of Alliance News - Like stable-mate ASTA, ELOA will be shutting down in mid-December. While the company tried to build a vibrant community, it appears not to have paid off in a way that would keep the game open. From now through the closure date, ELOA players will enjoy increased XP, gold, 24-hour battlefields and more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    edited September 2016
    Well that was quick almost fraudulent cash grab quick lol less than 6 months on Asta, and how much was that founders pack? They really need to put every employee some of these companies in prison to make an example.
  • jbladderjbladder Member UncommonPosts: 36

psiic said:

Well that was quick almost fraudulent cash grab quick lol less than 6 months on Asta, and how much was that founders pack? They really need to put every employee some of these companies in prison to make an example.

so by your theory if the president of my company makes bad deals and decisions and gets blamed for "fraud" the rest of us should get blamed too? I just fix computers man. I don't have any hand in financial decisions at the corporation I work for. Neither do 20000 other people who work there???

what works better and causes less legal action is consumers being more scrutinizing about what they will pay for...

This company did not break any laws from what it looks like unless sucking at their business is a crime.
  • NightliteNightlite Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Most games I will play though to max level, even the bad ones. I stopped here at level 2.. I hardly even remember why, but I was glad I didn't stop by the cash shop first.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited September 2016
    Wow 2 for 1 special...It would be awesome if they brought back S.U.N.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Have to make room for MU Legend.  =)
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Wow. I've never heard of a publisher simultaneously shutting down two MMOs.
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    No matter how many they'll open new games for business, I already got the taste of those games quality.

Sadly, the taste wasn't delicious.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Will not play webzen game anymore. Guys if you see webzen, just run away.
  • patlefortpatlefort Member UncommonPosts: 142
    RIP. Sad, it was a good game. Second good game that dies for me, last one was RaiderZ.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I would agree, RaiderZ had a lot of potential. Unfortunately, the devs of it just stopped putting out content so PW had to let it go.
  • hyuteihyutei Member UncommonPosts: 52

DMKano said:

Eloa - good game that was localized badly and rushed to western market.

But the real killer IMO was that In Spirit (stolen version of ELOA) operated simularaneously and nothing was done about it.

cant find anything about " In Spirit " or what ever its called,could you provide link ?
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

hyutei said:

DMKano said:

But the real killer IMO was that In Spirit (stolen version of ELOA) operated simularaneously and nothing was done about it.

cant find anything about " In Spirit " or what ever its called,could you provide link ?

The game is Inspirit, here's their explanation:
    http://news.mmosite.com/content/2015-09-25/eloa_developer_clears_up_confusions_of_eloa_and_inspirit_online.shtml
  • hyuteihyutei Member UncommonPosts: 52

JudgeUK said:

hyutei said:

DMKano said:

The game is Inspirit, here's their explanation:

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2015-09-25/eloa_developer_clears_up_confusions_of_eloa_and_inspirit_online.shtml

but from what i can see,inspirit online has been shut down
  • Phoenix_HawkPhoenix_Hawk Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Shame, ELOA was pretty decent, not amazing, but I had fun with it.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Just F2P games nothing to worry about, if they last 6 months thats pretty much job done :p
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    OMG!! What banal drek will people throw their credit card at now? ... Oh yeah the tons of other carbon copy pieces of shit.
    Its the ultimate in recycling, just faff around with the textures a bit, make the boobs a bit bigger, the skirts a bit shorter, and shove it out there under another name, surely someone will pay some money in the games cash shop :p
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Inspirit Online.. I know that Asians don't give a damn about copyrights but that they steal from each other now is new to me.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    edited September 2016
    Inspirit has been shut down pretty fast. They made a mistake what you never should do as privat server holder, they went full public in many big Gaming-sites. Hence they got a lawsuite and webpage and server got shutdown.
    ELOA on the other hand will be not fully shutdown, the data will go to another hoster: NPICSOFT.
    Now the funny thing about ASTA is, the game was so bad, they shut down in asia, like 8 months after release, same with ELOA there. Same happend here.
  • beebop500beebop500 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    As far as Asta goes, me and my s/o played it for a month or so. It was actually a fun game at its core, but open-world PvP destroyed it, especially since the fact that it was FFA PvP after level 40 was never clearly advertised. A LOT of PvE enthusiasts started playing, but quit once they suddenly discovered that the Asu faction had an enormous numbers advantage over the Ora, meaning those of us who played Ora were unable to progress at endgame. Chalk yet another failure up to gank-fest "open-world" PvP, I suppose.

I had some hopes for ELOA after playing the "other" version of the game prior to its official release here. Really not sure what to say, I thought it was enjoyable, although its repetitive nature and relatively easy difficulty may have killed it.
    "We are all as God made us, and many of us much worse." - Don Quixote
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Both of these games were fun. The issue I have with these companies publishing these games here, they just aren't getting the word out. Or their names are tarnished to the point where people are afraid to play their games whether or not they are actually pay to win or not. Asta was super cool to be honest, it was fun to play and it was basically just a wow clone but actually done right. 

Eloa was also relatively fun but the potion systems were weird to me, and the lack of actual content was strange as well. The leveling was so fast but then you get to end game and there was really nothing to do. 

I hope if this company keeps publishing games they don't keep making these mistakes. They already made the mistakes with almost every one of their games so far like Archlord, Archlord 2, and a few of their other games, but who knows maybe they will learn. It was the problem IJJI had and inevitably is what killed them off when they got bought out by Aeria. 
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited September 2016
    But...but...SuperData!
    And...and...F2P!
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I tried this game but there were too many games for me to try around then and I gave this up relatively quickly. Can't say it made an impression.
    Chamber of Chains
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    dam alot these F2P game are getting shut down :( , I guess alot playing on Legion now.

• CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    In the title: "mid-october".
    First sentence in the article: "mid-december".

...so when exactly? ;)
  • BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321
    edited September 2016

Cygi said:

In the title: "mid-october".

First sentence in the article: "mid-december".

...so when exactly? ;)

ASTA will end in October, and ELOA in December.