Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Man's Sky will be fixed.

filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
That is the word and content updates are coming as well.  So this vast universe will somehow give you something more substantial to do.

http://bgr.com/2016/09/05/no-mans-sky-updates-free-content/
Are you onto something or just on something?

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    but will it still look like a cartoon?

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Probably considering its only a 2GB game.
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Believing what they say before seeing it is just something I can't force myself to do.
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    All they have done since launch is make the game more stable to play which is something that people that spent full new game price on a product labeled released should have never had to deal with in the first place.  They have done nothing to make the game more compelling to go back to and play again and it's not clear at this point that they ever will beyond some vague words similar to the ones said before the game launched about things that never happened.
    The only fix for this game that's going to matter is to reduce the purchase price.
    and on that i could not disagree more. a better price rarely makes a bad game better

SEANMCAD said:
    The only fix for this game that's going to matter is to reduce the purchase price.
    and on that i could not disagree more. a better price rarely makes a bad game better
    But the biggest problem with this game is the price.  .....
    fundamentally do not agree with that and in fact when I think of what I dont like about NMS price never enters my head

• Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    SEANMCAD said:
    Just because a game is less expensive doesn't change how good/bad it is. If you like or dislike the game, the price won't make you play it more or less. I'd rather pay more for a game I enjoy, which, in the case of NMS I am doing. And the thought of continuous development is great too.

Would rather play the current release now and see it get better in front of my own eyes that wait a year until I can play it at all.
    Kane72 said:
    SEANMCAD said:

Would rather play the current release now and see it get better in front of my own eyes that wait a year until I can play it at all.
    welcome to my life the past 2 years playing great early access titles.

that is what its like and in fact 7 days to die is about to drop a sweet update

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Thats why you always wait...The price always comes down in time and often the games are improved.
    edited September 2016
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    fundamentally do not agree with that and in fact when I think of what I dont like about NMS price never enters my head
    But you're the minority there.  Price very much is a factor for most consumers when purchasing any product and it's pretty clear the backlash from No Man's Sky is primarily a result of people feeling (rightly) that they didn't get what they paid for.  Reducing the price won't make the game better but it won't need to; it just needs to be a fair trade.
    no I dont think I am the minority there at all. people are not going to say 'oh well I could play an awesome space game with everything in it I could ever dream of but instead I am going to play a game I feel is a piece of shit and is anyoying to look at because I can save some money'

doesnt work that way

but to be fair I look at this game supposed to have lived up to its hype at least a little bit regardless of the price and it was never sold to people as a causal discount like game.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    edited September 2016
    Many are happy with the game , in fact the mojority are happy. Jaded PC gamers who convince themselves it was an mmo will never be happy. 

Should of kept it a PS4 exclusive. The game is not perfect but what game is perfect. Having plenty of fun playing the game so who gives a fuck about the PC jaded. 

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    But you're the minority there.  Price very much is a factor for most consumers when purchasing any product and it's pretty clear the backlash from No Man's Sky is primarily a result of people feeling (rightly) that they didn't get what they paid for.  Reducing the price won't make the game better but it won't need to; it just needs to be a fair trade.
    no I dont think I am the minority there at all. people are not going to say 'oh well I could play an awesome space game with everything in it I could ever dream of but instead I am going to play a game I feel is a piece of shit and is anyoying to look at because I can save some money'

doesnt work that way
    If the game is completely broken, then I understand your point about not wanting to play it but the guy I work with who bought says it isn't broken (at least not for him).  He can explore the galaxy but it's missing some features that were promised. 
    yeah I guess I hear what your saying I am just fixated on the marketing. It was marketed one way and price isnt going to fix that marketing in my mind.

but now I think on it ok sure I get it.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Nothing wrong with NMS, but it just doesn't have enough variability to make it viable to play long. Thus, reducing the price makes perfect sense.

edited September 2016
    Many are happy with the game , in fact the mojority are happy. Jaded PC gamers who convince themselves it was an mmo will never be happy. 

Should of kept it a PS4 exclusive. The game is not perfect but what game is perfect. Having plenty of fun playing the game so who gives a fuck about the PC jaded. 
    what got me completely ticked about this game is how they sold it to people and how so many people are completely obvious to the amazing things that are going on in the gaming market today.

'procedural generation' in the world I swim in is very common and not something worthy of pumping up as a pillar feature for millions of people to have an orgasm over. Nor is the art style, planetary landing, naming plants, or RNG creatures that look like shit.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited September 2016
    Fool me once?
    Shame on you

Fool me twice?
    Shame on me

Fool me every single time any "developer" opens his mouth to spew lie after lie after lie and I'll swallow every single word hook line and sinker every single time and not only that, I'll White Knight the cause and attack any and all who try to warn others of the foolishness of believing developers every word?
    Holy shit, LMFAO!
    This forum takes the "Fool me once..." expression to whole new levels.

Fool me once?
    Shame on you

Fool me twice?
    Shame on me

Fool me every single time a developer opens his mouth to spew lie after lie after lie and I'll swallow every single work hook line and sinker every single time?
    Holy shit, LMFAO!
    gamers (at least those on forums) have a very bizzare habit of living in the future at the expense of now.

meaning they always focus on what is around the corner and never just look at what they can play right now regardless of what a developer says about the future.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    SEANMCAD said:

Fool me once?
    Shame on you

Fool me twice?
    Shame on me

Fool me every single time a developer opens his mouth to spew lie after lie after lie and I'll swallow every single work hook line and sinker every single time?
    Holy shit, LMFAO!
    gamers (at least those on forums) have a very bizzare habit of living in the future at the expense of now.

meaning they always focus on what is around the corner and never just look at what they can play right now regardless of what a developer says about the future.
    I see it like this.
    Fix the dam game, make it do what you said it will do, THEN tell me what you have done.

edited September 2016
    SEANMCAD said:

Fool me once?
    Shame on you

Fool me twice?
    Shame on me

Holy shit, LMFAO!

I see it like this.
    Fix the dam game, make it do what you said it will do, THEN tell me what you have done.

yes.

patch notes? yes read
    Roadmaps? read out curiosity but nothing more

SEANMCAD said:

Fool me once?
    Shame on you

Fool me twice?
    Shame on me

Holy shit, LMFAO!

Every developer up sales there product after all they are a business. Do you remember the extreme fanboy love for BioWare and swtor? 

Even after all the lies from BioWare they still put the blame souly at EA's door when it was both companies. 

No one forced BioWare to get in bed with EA and the game was already in development before EA came on board. 

The fanboy hype was one of the worst ive seen on this forum even by the mods. You couldn't say anything negative without getting banned by fanboy forum mods. 

NMS is  a good game that will grow, if fools over hyped the information they were given then more fool them. 

edited September 2016
    SEANMCAD said:

Fool me once?
    Shame on you

Fool me twice?
    Shame on me

Holy shit, LMFAO!

Every developer up sales there product after all they are a business. .....
    1. no, not every developer does that
     2. very few do it to the level and degree of hyper super ultra on steroids hyper hype that this game was.

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

Fool me once?
    Shame on you

Fool me twice?
    Shame on me

Holy shit, LMFAO!

2. very few do it to the level and degree of hyper super ultra on steroids hyper hype that this game was.

Every dev up sales there product and many have up saled more than NMS. 

Remember Paul Barnett. 

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

Fool me once?
    Shame on you

Fool me twice?
    Shame on me

Holy shit, LMFAO!

Every dev up sales there product and many have up saled more than NMS. 

Remember Paul Barnett. 
    NO

I am telling you they do not.

some dont do it at all, very few do it to the level of NMS was. what you are saying is categorically completely false

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    I'd rather stick forks in my eyes then play this game.   Oh wait....
    filmoret said:
    I'd rather stick forks in my eyes then play this game.   Oh wait....
    and you dont even have to actually stick forks in your eyes to know what the game play is like

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I think many wont think NMS is ' fixed ' until there is non stop action / killing added. Which is sad.