Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for mmo with great crafting

ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
I have been away from mmog's for almost two years. Any suggestions  ?
(currently waiting for CU beta).
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    Thanks in advance.
    Your probably already aware that EvE has some of the best crafting in the industry?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    ESO??

Wurm online
    Istaria
    SWG Emu

Try those for some cool crafting.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    FFXIV:ARR has pretty good crafting, as there isn't a limit on how many professions you can have, its pretty good for that.
    Eve crafting is more business orientated as everything in the game from ammo to ships themselves are made by the players, it means that crafting is important, competitive, and you have to source the materials, obtain blueprints for whatever you want to make, and sell them on the market.
    When your looking for a game with crafting, really have to work out what kind of crafting your looking for, because some games are far more complex than others.
  • MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Dunno how it is these days, but Fallen Earth used to have probably the best crafting system of any game I've played. You crafted pretty much everything from weapons and ammo to cars and fuel.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Nitth said:
    Thanks in advance.
    Your probably already aware that EvE has some of the best crafting in the industry?

I guess you havent played Wurm.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    edited August 2016
    Nitth said:

EVE is a great game but it has by no means great crafting.
    The only variable is a researched blueprint or using a faction pos mod. (Thukker's)
    You put the materials in, cook it, done.
    99.9% of the danger is in logistics and protection/secretness of a build.

And yes: I have done "crafting in EVE", from using my T2 original blueprints to reaction pos networks up to super+titan builds.

Best crafting I have seen in a mmo so far was Star Wars Galaxies.
    I used to gather/mine the best materials on any planet, and make the best armor and weaponry on the server. My playername became wellknown for delivering the best items. Expensive, but they were worth it.
    Up to 2005: imo, the best crafting I have seen in a game.

And maybe now SWG:Emu, IF the community there is still alive.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    LoTro, EQ2, Fallen Earth, Project Gorgon , ESO.. all good crafting
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    GW2 or ESO.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• GainsNGamesGainsNGames Member UncommonPosts: 107
    EQ2, LOTRO, ESO,  EVE, FFXIV imo
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    At this point, you are better off staying away from the big MMO's and check out some of the Indie multiplayer games like Space Engineers or Empyrion.  Empyrion was just on sale for $10 and there are some great servers out there with 30 to 60 people on, thriving marketplaces and the crafting of ships and bases can be very addictive.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Talonsin said:
    At this point, you are better off staying away from the big MMO's and check out some of the Indie multiplayer games like Space Engineers or Empyrion.  Empyrion was just on sale for $10 and there are some great servers out there with 30 to 60 people on, thriving marketplaces and the crafting of ships and bases can be very addictive.

How can I learn about the available servers ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ApexTKMApexTKM Member UncommonPosts: 334
    I'm not sure about right now but I reccomend keeping an eye on the repopulation.
    The acronym MMORPG use to mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

But the acronym MMMORPG now currently means Microscopic Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Kappa.
  • MaurizioMaurizio Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Wurm online for crafting. If you are interested and want any help starting send me a msg on wurm forums. MaurizioAM
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Last time I tried Wurm it crashed about a dozen times on Win 10.......
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

Update your java.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• MaurizioMaurizio Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Most likely java related or even outdated drivers. Besides crashing upon starting sometimes i hardly have any issues.