Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows 10 anniversary edition

CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
If you have Windows 10 and have not installed the anniversary edition yet, do it. It corrects several key issues that have popped up recently. Cortana's search function only uses Microsoft Edge back in April. This means you have to use a shitty slow browser that has trouble getting activeX objects used by a lot of ad providers. I little weird considering Microsoft developed ActiveX. Now you can install extensions on Windows Edge including AdBlock. This makes the browser far faster as it's not waiting on ActiveX objects.
The start menu is much improved over the previous version. It has some clickable icons for recent files and stuff. The important part is that the Programs list is displayed upon start. Much more efficient compared to going to All Programs. Also it has the LiveTiles like before. Very fast efficient start button.

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I just installed it yesterday. 
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    There is one thing I really like this update. I have a Lumia 950XL. I get notifications on it through any of my Windows devices now. No hard or remote connection needed. I get a pop-up on its battery life, updates to my manga reading list, and phone call information. It's like when you are watching TV and you get the notification you are getting a phone call when you have TV and Phone through the same service. Don't need to pickup my phone if it's someone I don't want to talk to.