Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ascension Expansion Announced, New Features, Revised Systems

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageAscension Expansion Announced, New Features, Revised Systems

Skyforge News - The Skyforge team has been analyzing player data and soliciting feedback for the past year. With today's announcement of the Ascension expansion, much of that feedback and analysis is being put into practice. Existing systems have been reworked and new features will be added with Ascension.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    This may get me to try it again.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    This may get me to try it again.
    Its a trap!
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    Out of all the cool classes they could've come up with, especially since you pretty much become a God, they choose a dumb and cliched Gunslinger.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    We have an interview out to the team based on this news. Will post as soon as we have it back!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• CaeruleiCaerulei Member UncommonPosts: 33
    edited August 2016
    Skyforge has a special place in my heart. Definitely the best release of 2015. Glad they are adding new classes, I'll definitely have to check out the game soon.
  • AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    edited September 2016
    They're basically revamping the game after 12 months of release and a lot of people don't like the changes it's not really an update it's a big change.

I don't know why they went for a another class with guns as they have a gunner and plenty of dps roles, while support and tank classes only have 2 each it would of been nice if they could've added a bard or a warrior.

They're removing evolution sparks and class skills, some people only bought premium to get the evolution sparks to get the class skills it was the only way to open the class skills if you didn't want to play any of the other classes, so that premium i bought for  just that seems like a waste of money now.

The invasions at the moment are 2 weeks long and they do overlapse, the information they gave is they want each invasion to last 8 weeks with no overlapping so you have to wait until the current invasion has finished before the next one starts, that means you will only see each invasion once a year if they do this, which to me sounds extreme unless they are adding a load of invasion content which i doubt they will with it being F2P.

What they said we will keep with the update is classes already unlocked, if we have all class skills for the classes we will keep them but they haven't given much information about the other stuff, so for me as i already have all that unlocked i have stopped playing until the update as we don't know the other stuff that is changing and what i farm in game could be a waste of time.

From the sounds of it they're dumbing the stats down to just might, so i don't know what is happening to the other stats as it said we will get just might, so i think luck, temper, valor, stamina strength and spirit are gone.

I just get the feeling they don't know how to expand on the game they have and trying to balance the classes with the stats they have or the game is just a bad design which i suppose is the same, for me i just don't feel like playing right now i will wait until the update.

Post edited by AnnaTS on