Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes to WoD Leveling?

VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413
Hey, I'm unscubscribed atm, I was wondering if there have been significant changes to the leveling in WoD content yet; levels 90 to 100.

Generally they gut the previous expansion's content to get people through it faster. I'm looking to play WoW without buying Legion until it goes on sale, but I hate leveling through mindless ezmode zones/instances that go by so fast you spend more time mounted than fighting... (like in levels 1-90).

I'm fine with a minor xp boost or something (I'll be using potions but not BoAs), but if they've gutted it, I'm out. Thanks.

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited September 2016
    They had a two week fast leveling event that's done now, so it's back to the regular grind.  At least you can quest in new places and class revamps which some people hate and some love.  I'm having a pretty good time but I don't see doing this for more than a month or two.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413
    edited September 2016
    I watched the demon events, wasn't subbed at the time. That's okay, I'd hate to spoil 90 levels worth of content for myself. I'm certainly enjoying the Cataclysm zone revamps, haven't leveled a toon through more than a few of those zones. I'm also still enjoying WoD zones, this is only my third 100 and I generally last that long in a new expansion before hating leveling.

As for the class revamps, it's neutral for me. I had a complicated and twitchy ability set before, and I still do. Either way I'm spamming keys and making little decisions. Fun, for a dozen hours or so.

With the class revamps though came animation improvements. OMG. So freaking epic. Really adds a lot for me. Lots of fun new mechanics to fiddle with and learn, too.

So the game isn't the problem, I'm just worried there won't be enough game there to bother subbing :)

PS - I totally forgot you can purchase a sub with gold now. Is it REQUIRED to "farm rares" and "slog through old raids for transmog" to get enough gold per month to support your sub?

If I'm forced to spend 90%of my time AoE-one-shotting entire rooms or running from spawn point to spawn point, I'll pass on that too.