Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When will it happen?

tundatunda Member Posts: 17

I may only be a level 7 thief in Fenrir but I was wondering when the game will get more immersive and feel like you are one of the main characters with the missions? and I don't just want answers like: it wont this game sux

Comments

• Turtleneck37Turtleneck37 Member Posts: 91

Well i had a 42 warrior 37 thf and a few other jobs at about 20 i felt pretty immersed.
    When you get your subjob it adds a diff dimension to the game in a sence each subjob would add different advantages to your main job.
    Also theifs become alot better at lev 15 IMO. You will also start pulling for partys at level 10 if you go to the dunes.
    And Partys in General make you feel more of a part of the community.. sharing the knowlage with others as your learning and just holding conversations with other players will get you more immersed in the game.
    As far as like your city and missions really didnt do any thing for me.. when i felt that i was auctually ding something for my city is when we would take over a zone by killling beastmen or fighting against another citys players in pvp.

I hope i kind of helped just stick with it. the games gets much better you are just scratching the surface image

• FreyFrey Member Posts: 87
    I don't think it will happen...  Unlike the rest of the FF games, this one is online.  So, thousands of players will consider themselves the main character...but they are not.  Not sure why you're playing a mmorpg if you want to be the main character of a story.  image
  • philanthropyphilanthropy Member UncommonPosts: 8

if you're talking about when the story line will kick in, around level 30-40

AOC loyal croc: FHGTT3R58HCTJ3K5

• thelawoflogicthelawoflogic Member UncommonPosts: 788
    well no it happens around lv 20 just do some missions
  • ghostinfinitghostinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 552

I feel I can contribute a little to this. I retired from FFXI with a 75 ranger, 70 thief, etc etc. and here is my take:

FFXI has been known as "the king of all grinders" and it's true.  While it gives you a real sense of accomplishment to cap a character this also stretches out the timeline of your character's development. 

Having said that, rank missions, CoP missions and Zilart missions have chapters only available at certain levels.  Sometimes there's so much time between chapters you forget small parts of the story that really bring the story out. Also there is a lot of character juggling and gear juggling to complete.  I had buy lower level gear to wear on my higher level character for low level capped missions. Which was a bit of a pain because nobody ever has any room in mog even with all the upgrades, lol.

I think I answered your question, if not, feel free to ask some more and I can clarify it a bit more.  Good luck.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

yeah as soon as you start doing some missions you'll start to like the game. At lvl 25 you can get rank 3 easily and if you have some help rank 4 and 5 arent too far off. The problem is i like many was rank 5 at lvl 35ish since i had help from some higher lvl friends. But the next mission 5-1 is a 50 and now ive that particular mission 10 times to help ls members so 35-50 is quite a gap between missions. Again with 5-2 i had some higher help since it is not capped and obtained rank 6. Once you are rank 6 you can start the oh so wonderful zilart missions. So far the storyline of the zilart is way cooler then the other rank missions but the thing is as you will find if you play this game things just get better and better as you go on. Dont get discouraged early on because i can promise things will become better and to the point of uber in do time.

• moflapamoflapa Member Posts: 3
    for me this game didnt really take off till i hit lvl30 its seem the whole game changes around lvl30 with the new jobs u can unlock then ppl start to ask u for help with quest and stuff but i really didnt start feeling like i was improtent to the story line untill i got rank5 but stick with it it only gets better the more u play