Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Each Class to Have a Trio of Advanced Classes

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageEach Class to Have a Trio of Advanced Classes

Lost Ark News - Lost Ark is shaping up to be a pretty interesting MMO on the horizon. Reddit user 'BarefootNinjja' made a neat post with the six base classes and their attendant trio of advanced classes, what type of weapon will be used, and other useful data. As an example, an Assassin can become Shamanking, Pirate or Shadow, while Gunners can morph into Hawkeye, Devil Hunter or Blaster.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402
    Is this going to be in english.. at any point in the near future? And by near i mean the next 2 years.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    Maybe English for South East Asia with IP block.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Hoping for more base classes. A male magic user is needed. Probably a necromancer.
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Is this going to be in english.. at any point in the near future? And by near i mean the next 2 years.
    When it comes to the west, yes.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Not a bad game from what I saw from the first CBT. What I found a bit , disappointing is the small maps , else it seems like a solid MMO ! Dungeons, Raids, World Bosses , PvP , Crafting .. not bad!

I still think Lineage Eternal will be better !

My all-time fav MMO is Lineage 2 and my fav hack&slash game is Diablo 3 , and it seems Lost Ark & Lineage Eternal will be a combination of both!

At least, a bit of faith in MMO's in those ... yucky days ( days? I mean years ) !

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Love being able to change classes. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    I wish they would just change the text to English and leave the voice overs as they are.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Looking massively forward to this game.
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Um...so yea, running around one shotting mobs over and over, sounds fun, lol.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Looks like an action rpg with multiplayer, what features allow this to qualify as a "Massively" multiplayer online game?
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    This is irrelevant but when I read the title I got excited thinking you were talking about the advanced classes for SWTOR.  I was so happy to think they finally are giving us some new classes lol.  I really need to stop hyping myself up from thread titles lol.
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    That combat looks terrible. One attack option?? I hope other classes are better.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    Its diablo with a pretty skin :D
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

Spiider said:

That combat looks terrible. One attack option?? I hope other classes are better.

Eh? I saw 8 different abilities bound to letter keys on the left side of the main UI at the bottom of the screen.
  • shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509

Torval said:

I wish they would just change the text to English and leave the voice overs as they are.

I remember when NCSoft updated the voices and sounds for Aion from the Korean version to the western localization. It was so jarring. If you had never played with the original voiceovers and sounds then no big, but at the time it was horrible.

Agreed. Or if you pulled your voice actors out of craigslist, like Asta, I'd rather honestly have the original vo
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Ishkal said:
    Its diablo with a pretty skin :D
    Maybe. But even if that's all it had to offer, that would be a damn good thing.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Predictions: Incredible game with huge amount of potential, ruined by blatant immersion breaking over-monetization.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited September 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited September 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• VichusSmithVichusSmith Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Looks really good. The first few minutes were especially fantastic.

There's nothing more gratifying than playing an MMO for free.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    The issue some people are having is that they are looking at this game as only an ARPG but it is a full on MMO. It uses the ARPG style of perspective and fighting but the boss mechanics are the same as a regular MMO not just an ARPG. And don't forget there is a drinking game. Always remember the drinking game. =)
    The issue people are having is it's another Asian MMO and are rightfully skeptical with Westernization:
    • 2-3 Year Version Lag
    • Perma-Bad/Unfinished Translations
    • Inept/Incapable Westernization Tweaks
    • RNG 
    • P2Whatever
    • Immersion Breaking Cash Shop Items
    • Worthless Anti-cheat Software
    • Bots, Gold Sellers, and Spam
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    The issue some people are having is that they are looking at this game as only an ARPG but it is a full on MMO. It uses the ARPG style of perspective and fighting but the boss mechanics are the same as a regular MMO not just an ARPG. And don't forget there is a drinking game. Always remember the drinking game. =)
    The issue people are having is it's another Asian MMO and are rightfully skeptical with Westernization:
    • 2-3 Year Version Lag
    • Perma-Bad/Unfinished Translations
    • Inept/Incapable Westernization Tweaks
    • RNG 
    • P2Whatever
    • Immersion Breaking Cash Shop Items
    • Worthless Anti-cheat Software
    • Bots, Gold Sellers, and Spam
    Afaik Lost Ark will be released world wide at the same time.
    No one can say what quality the translation of the game will have.
    Its not p2whatever until the contrary is proven.
    What anti-cheat software will they use? i dont know. Cheating is a problem in many games on the pc, not only in MMOs from asia, same goes for bots, gold sellers and spammer. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein