Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO Guidance/Opinions

FalkorsEgoFalkorsEgo Member UncommonPosts: 9
Hi, i think i posted this previously in wrong  forum, though thank you for Albtatroes for the reply.

So i know this kinda of question comes up alot, but i am not asking for the best MMORPG, that question is pointless and unanswerable.

What im hoping for is guidance. (If you hate this question, i understand, especially for people that must see it alot)

Ive tried looking through forums, and watching videos of reviewers (peon guy?) but its hard to actually see which ones are the ones that best suit my hopes, so

I am getting myself a new gaming PC in a month, (i know little about PC specs, so hopefully il choose a good one)

My problem lays with wanting to find myself a great MMORPG to dedicate my time too,i have few areas i think are most important but with all the MMORPGS and different strengths and weakness its hard to pick on.

So if anyone could help me, here is basically my ideal traits i am looking for. (feels like im a a dating site, i like long walks on the beach lol)

I dont mind cost, thats not a huge driving force for me. Free to pay, subscription, whatever, it falls by the wayside i think when picking a game you can truly invest in.

My main interests is customization, graphics, lore and the ability to play the game initially solo ( i have no friends that play mmos) but hope to meet and play with people in game as i go along.

I love the mounts, weapons, size of community of WOW but i have no experience of it, i wasnt part of any stage and i guess i lack the nostalgia of it, so the lack of graphics to me keeps me from wanting to try that, dont get me wrong, i think it looks fun, but i feel im wanting something newer, or something like that i dont  know.

I hear great things about TERA, GW2, Final Fantasy, Black Desert, Revelation Online (looking like my favourite to try), though i find it hard to know which one would be ideal.

I love how WOW has unqiue ish Mounts, i love the graphics of Tera and the combat of Black Desert.  

i know this is a open questions and probably very tiring for most vets here, but ifcustomization, mounts, graphics and the above are key criteria for someone looking for a MMORPG, Where would you direct them? or should they wait for a newer release of something?

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited September 2016
    I'd direct you to WoW. Despite its age, WoW offers the best overall package available.

Based on your criteria, you might like Riders of Icarus. It's an average game, but it's got really good mounts and somewhat better graphic than WoW.

• MaurizioMaurizio Member UncommonPosts: 162
    You mention customization being what seems to be one of your most important categories. In that case i will tell you to without looking at reviews or video's to try a game called wurm online. Give yourself a 1 week timeline while keeping an open mind. Reason why i say that is because not only you but many people today are looking for that perfect game... Has to look perfect play perfect have all the content we want, when the truth is that game does not and will never exist. It would cost to much money for a game like that to actually be made and no invester wants to wait the needed amount of time to create the game before it launches. They do however want to sell people on the idea and get fund raising money and work on a game and release it unfinished within 2 years so they can make a bulk buck. 

Anyway rant off... Wurm online may take a few days to see past what you might initially think does not look like something you want to play. But as you realize wow all this is made by players.. The economy is ran by players. You can go anywhere and build something that is yours... Middle of forest... What your own island take a bunch of dirt with you out into the sea and raise the level of the earth from under water. Want to live up a mountian scale up or tunnel your way up and enjoy building. As for customization im assuming you just want lots of different content and that is what wurm has. Its a bit slow at the start has a very hard new player learning curve but IMO ive played pretty much everygame on the market and no other game has me going back to it like wurm has since 07. I left a lot in the first 6 years because the game was always indy developed and for me was not ready but now for the last 4 ive been 90% stead on it. 

Free to make an account free to play but capped skills at 20 until you purchase premium time. If you would like to check it out and join a group i am part of a group thay is pretty small tight knit bit always looking for new comers. We will help show you the ropes which makes the new player experince so much easier. Good luck