Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a new game

apollo8842apollo8842 Member UncommonPosts: 9
Hey guys,

Looking for a new MMO..EVE Online and SWTOR vet, basically burned out of EVE and graphics issues with SWTOR.

Looking for something with a nice pve/pvp mix, good story, nice character progression. Not opposed to subbing

Thanks!

Comments

• ApexTKMApexTKM Member UncommonPosts: 334
    cliche af but....

Play WoW
    The acronym MMORPG use to mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

But the acronym MMMORPG now currently means Microscopic Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Kappa.
  • apollo8842apollo8842 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    I had that comming didn't I? ;)
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    Hey guys,

Looking for a new MMO..EVE Online and SWTOR vet, basically burned out of EVE and graphics issues with SWTOR.

Looking for something with a nice pve/pvp mix, good story, nice character progression. Not opposed to subbing

Thanks!
    perpetuum for your eve fix?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    If you liked SWTOR, then WoW is the best choice right now. The gameplay in both is quite similar. SWTOR's story might be a bit more enjoyable due to all SWTOR's cinematics, but WoW's gameplay in both PvE and PvP is usually considered better. With WoW's new expansion launch happening in less than 2 weeks there should be plenty of other people starting WoW now too.

WoW requires subscription, but if you create a trial account you can usually upgrade to full game + get first month of subscription from within the game at 5€. After that it's 15€ month.

WoW's Legion expansion pack will cost quite a lot, but it has only content for level 98 and upwards so you don't need to buy it right away.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Have you tried FFXIV? I don't think the PvP is so hot in that one, but the rest might hit the right boxes for you.
    Got my hopes up for whenever Chronicles of Elyria comes out, like the concept of an aging character.

Bad history with WOW, not going back.

Basically looking for something to hold me over until StarCitizen, especially after the semi-let down of No Man's Sky (Yes, I know that is not a true MMO)

Thanks for the suggestions so far!
  • NorthernHermitNorthernHermit Member UncommonPosts: 35
    FFXIV got some new PVP content coming soon what i have heard.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited August 2016
    Perpeteum was suggested and may be a good one for you to look at , or FF14 ,Fallen Earth maybe
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Just play wow, Legion in a little over a week. Gonna be the most populated mmorpg for a couple of months at least, then it'll tapper off.
  • AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    edited August 2016
    I don't get the "just play WoW" comments. The OP already said that they are not going back to WoW "Bad history with WOW, not going back". The OP asked for a NEW game, and WoW is over 10 years old!
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
    Yeah, basically looking for something to hold me over until whenever StarCitizen comes out
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Yeah, basically looking for something to hold me over until whenever StarCitizen comes out
    Try Vendetta Online

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

So I've never played an Elder Scrolls game before, just started with ESO, has a very SWG feel, especially with the You Need To Use the Weapon In Order To Get Better With It progression system as opposed to you've leveled up, all your skills are better(which I've always hated) has anyone played ESO to late/end game and what are your thoughts?
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
     I think the big 3 people tend to recommend around here are FFXIV, GW2, and ESO. Personally I'd say GW2, since no matter what else I seem to try, I always end up back there till the hype train comes around again. ESO is decent PvP, FFXIV for theme park style raids and dungeons, and GW2 for a unique mix of the two. 

I tend to respectfully disagree with the people who say WoW, because the game just lacks the social aspect of the other 3 games mentioned. All of WoW's queuing systems have really taken away the need to ever speak to another player for 80% of the content.  Only high level raiders, or arena pvpers, have the need to communicate. 
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Perpetuum is a completely dead game.  I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago since, for some reason I don't remember, I'm a lifetime subscriber or some such.  I really wouldn't bother with it at this point.  I'm not even sure at all how they have the cash to keep the servers running, much less to keep developing it.

I'm going to leave the same reply here that I always leave for EVE vets and that's to give Age of Conan a shot.  It's not the game that people think it is by reading these forums.  It's a very well fleshed out game with years worth of content.  It has some classes in it that, once you try, you'll wish other games had them too such as the Necromancer, Bear Shaman and Herald of Xotli.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited September 2016
    Somewhat late respons but Guild Wars 2, is nice, B2P with fun PvP and PVE.
  • MaurizioMaurizio Member UncommonPosts: 162
    You should give wurm online a try. 

As far as content theres probably not many games that can touch it in terms of its what you make out of it. There is a lot of crafting content and building and skills for you to do what you want. There are no caps to how many you can have. The pvp community provides one of the most community driven experiences and that kinda fun when you make some accomplishments and you know its because of the work and dedication by not only yourself but the entire group.

The game is a little bit on the slower side has a pretty steep curve as a new player but again if you join a pvp community you will be shown the ropes and have items at your disposal a new player takes a while to learn about. 

IMO wurm is a game that gets bad reviews simply because peopl have extreamly short attention spans and the game does not help as it throws you into a world that is created by players and driven by players... Very limited DEV influence.