Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An Interview About Runewaker's ARPG with MMO Elements

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageAn Interview About Runewaker's ARPG with MMO Elements

Guardians of Ember is looking to create something new for players who love both MMOs and action RPGs. We had the chance to chat with the team to learn more about the game that will be entering early access in the near future.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    edited August 2016
    We didn't know about Embergarde before we wrote the interview questions. But as you can see in their reply, they acknowledge the Taiwanese version. So yes, it's the same game, different names.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    I doubt B2P will work for this game. There are so many F2P ARPG games out there one could play instead.
    I went ahead and backed it. I like to do so when I can, rather than always leeching with free stuff like press. $25 for $50 is good.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Yeah, it certainly seems off @blueturtle13. But I don't think it's unheard of. Ansel Games is new, and Runewaker these days works exclusively through localization. This may be more a case of not a lot of funds, and lack of experience than anything else.

My Review Manifesto

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• gdavie01gdavie01 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Wanted to score a cheap key using the IndieGoGo campaign. Even better a saw the half price mmorpg.com keys! Alas no shipping of digital goods to New Zealand :'(.

Cheese - better than crackers?

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Buy to play is becoming the new cancer.
    Only really strong ips can survive with this type of model without turning the cash shop into a cash grab, mark my words, this will be BDO all over again.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• marcin1509marcin1509 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Explanations of choosing Buy to play not free to play instead is so shallow.
    They need testers - what are this "testers" have to pay for ?
    B2P is not good for this game - this product is not worth of it.
    It's unfair that in Taiwan it's F2P and here it is B2P. Why ? I haven't heard that it's pay-to-win.
    Anyway, if devs would gave players an ability to buy something giving an advantage between others, unfortunately there are people who will buy it. It crashes all balance in the game and it causes pay to win. If players won't buy it , devs will find other ways to earn money.
  • Ricardo58Ricardo58 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Runewaker? The same company that had Runes of Magic, a game with great potential and ran it to the ground?
    No, thanks...
  • HexipoxHexipox Member UncommonPosts: 241
    edited August 2016

I went ahead and backed it. I like to do so when I can, rather than always leeching with free stuff like press. $25 for $50 is good.

I backed it too, 50% was a nice offer... But i didnt recieve any e-mail confirming that i backed it… hmmm!
    Reading the interview it kinda reminded me of a modern action inspires Ultima Online :) I remember how much time i spend in that game doing only what he said - decorated my tower - pvp battles ...
    Sounds fun to me, though it will be nothing like UO ofause, it still sounds like a blast of a game to me.
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    "Yes. Guardians of Ember will be "buy to play". " ,.. really.. because when i saw people asked the developers and community managers they said "depends on how much popularity it gets, else we go for f2p"
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Im doing $25 deal too, nothing to loose, also I been watching this game for long time since it announce on steam, was buying their top teir pack before they announce, glad I get what i want on a really nice discount price :)

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I actually played their rpg for some time,about 6 months or so,it was ok.
    Problem with THIS game is it sounds at least to me a very obvious agenda.
    The reason you don't hear about it is because these arpg's are super cheap and fast to develop,it can literally come out of nowhere.

Adding in the so called mmo element,well if i or others wanted a MMORPG,then well that is what we want.I have found that arpg's are so shallow a game design,it takes a totally different mindset and type of gamer,i highly doubt THAT crowd wants a mmorpg,so might as well keep them separated.

Being in THEIR shoes,i see their thought process,this market is already flooded and not really any room for another unless you claim to be different.
    Withotu a doubt Rune is copying Blizzard,their ,mmorpg as a WOW clone with a tad of FFXi and now they are aiming at Blizzard's arpg Diablo market.
    To me it is summed up very easily,an ARPG is just a cheaper version of a real mmorpg,basically a budget version with no depth.
    Housing is a nice touch but seriously arpg's are all about hyper ADD type people,NOT the slowish crowd that likes to sit back and enjoy their virtual house.
    Crafting is again a nice touch but yet again,we have for years heard even the true blue mmorpg crowd barely enjoys crafting,so to get an arpg crowd on board sounds near impossible.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I see no such option to pay into the game yet on Steam,it just says release date September.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    After watching some gameplay of Embergarde(same game) on youtube I doubt I would play this even it was f2p.

• fevershivfevershiv Member CommonPosts: 2
    Diablo clone with b2p system, funny...