Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Despite success in China Warcraft movie still lost money overall

2»

Comments

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 2,745
    Phry said:
    rodarin said:
    On that note I'm really happy that one Tanked and I hope future idea's about our childhood movies remain untouched from political correctness and bad directing.
    Well I am sure the Roadhouse remake will change all that.....
    Are they seriously remaking Roadhouse, well, all i can say is i hope they aren't going to reprise Swayzes role in that film with a female version of Arnold Swarzenager O.o
    Ronda Rousey is the new Swayze! 

Seriously I have no problem with female leads or female action heros/stars but stop it with the dang reboots already.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

case: Coolermaster HAF932
    PSU: Antec EA 750watt
    RAM: 4x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
    Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
    CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
    GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
    cooling: Noctua NH-D14
    storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, samsung evo 860 500gb SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD

• MisterZebubMisterZebub Member EpicPosts: 3,457
    edited August 2016
    This could have been a loss leader to help renew subscriptions to world or Warcraft.
    They could have spent less money with greater impact developing better content.
    Goddamned right. They set themselves up for failure by pumping way too much money into a not all that great film idea, and then dug themselves in even deeper by shooting the moon on the advertising blitz when the studio realized they didn't have a clue how to market the damn thing.

Honestly seeing how the writer and director are best known for small budget films where the biggest effort was on story and character interaction, and not a fuck ton of needless special effects, I think the gigantic budget is the direct reason this film is far less entertaining then it could have been. With that much money involved its impossible to keep the pencil dicks in accounting from continually meddling with your project leaving the people directly in charge of making the damn film in the passenger seat.

“I was, in days gone by, a believer. But, alas, I came to this beleaguered land and the God in me just … evaporated. Let us change our toast, then, to the God that has forgotten us.”

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 5,565
    It was not a very good movie. Generic fantasy.

Same, was disappointed all around.

Also the camera always seemed to close to the actors, and the fights seemed to be too close too.

Cant put my finger totally on it but the camera sucked.

• Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 208
    I guess the film costs explains why Blizzard haven't exactly been generous with their game content the past two years. Pay a sub for no new content and a full priced expac. I suppose if people pay they will keep taking their money.
  • gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    I think this may also give a peek at the ratio of Wow players still remaining in the US/EU compared to China. Only a fraction...

Hodor!

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Everyone seems to dislike it here, but I liked the movie honestly as did my dad and friends. 

--------------------

-Currently playing Aion.
    -Played SWTOR, UO, EQ, AoC, WOW, War, LoTRO, FFXI, Rift, DFO.